Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Will Winter Park or Steamboat be Busiest the weekend before Christmas? Last post on 9/5/16 at 4:31pm in General Skiing Discussion
- "Top" Family Ski Resorts, anything new for 2015-16? [A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:10pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Early December Ski Trip in Colorado [beginner/intermediate flying into Denver] Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:19pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Any thought to a Ski resort vacation deals thread? Last post on 8/6/14 at 9:36am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Crested Butte added to the RMSP+ Last post on 3/27/14 at 11:05am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Steamboat vs Winter Park ? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sleeper is the easier, wide run (blue-black) off the Challenger lift. Some of the bump runs off Challenger feed into it. It is usually 1/2 groomed, 1/2 bumped. bumps are usually odd ball since they are formed by people just starting to ski bumps. (1/2 groomed etc.) Sleeper trees are pretty nice though.
There is an "Intrawest village" on what used to be the parking lot at WP with lots of condos within walking of the lifts.
Agree with the suggestion to stay in Fraser (per my longer post above).
- Steamboat vs Winter Park ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 5 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 20 minutes ago
- › Footbed for flat feet 20 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 22 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 26 minutes ago
- › This could be the year to visit Revelstoke 29 minutes ago
- › Confusion over biomechanics in switch skiing 33 minutes ago
- › Race Day 42 minutes ago
- › How can I help her? 53 minutes ago
- › Where to tune skis with no garage? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues