- 528 Posts. Joined 11/2007
- Location: Frisco, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Outside Magazine’s 2012 Ski Resort Rankings Last post on 11/7/12 at 7:44am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 Last post on 3/23/17 at 6:05pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Advice on best location (UT/WY) for a week of pow in early March [from Chicago] Last post on 3/7/17 at 9:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Alta and Snowbird Parking Recommendations Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:45pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2Last edited: 1/20/17
- Aspen Mountain, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 8/12/14
- Colorado Road Trip RecapLast edited: 8/29/15
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
Late season, last minute trip: where to go? [family from NY] - Page 2post #31 of 384/12/14 at 4:08pmFree-skied Breck yesterday, taught at WP today. Both phenomenal with big storm moving in.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 384/14/14 at 5:23pm
Summit County is the most sensible choice in late April for a family of mixed ability range. The reasons were hashed over thoroughly in the other thread.post #33 of 384/14/14 at 9:40pmThread Starter
Well, Breck ended up being a terrific decision. I did my first above treeline, bowl, whole day powder and tree powder runs. All in the same day!
Wife had some serious altitude sickness in the first night though. She is better now.post #34 of 384/15/14 at 7:07am
I'm glad you had a great time. I hope your wife was able to enjoy herself eventually.
20/20 hindsight: always drink water, avoid alchohol, try to stay at a lower elevation (Denver) upon arrival when coming from lower elevations. Some people can come to elevation frequently and only occasionally get sick. It is unpredictable.post #35 of 384/15/14 at 10:43pmThread Starter
Yes, she is better. Thank you. She drinks 3-4 liters of water every day, so it must be her body.
We planned to stay at Denver, but the snow forecast might have meant that either we get stuck on the wrong side of the snow or drive through very bad conditions. So, had to ditch that plan. Next time!post #36 of 384/16/14 at 12:27pmQuote:She drinks 3-4 liters of water every day, so it must be her body
Now that you know she's sensitive, get her a Diamox prescription the next time you go to a 9,000+ foot resort. This solved the problem for my ex-wife.post #37 of 384/16/14 at 12:34pmBreck's base elevation is 9,600' -- notably higher than most other resorts. Altitude almost never bothers me, but I remember feeling it pretty strongly my first few days at Breck.
My wife is very altitude sensitive. Her biggest issue is trouble sleeping, and contrary to what some might say, sleeping pills help her more than Diamox. If she can sleep through the night the first two nights she ends up okay. If not, she's miserable.
- Late season, last minute trip: where to go? [family from NY]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 1 minute ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 12 minutes ago
- › Opinions sought on Zermaat-Cervinia : How does it compare 19 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 19 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 19 minutes ago
- › critique my videos, tips needed for a forum newbie! MA needed 44 minutes ago
- › Demo day at Crystal, March 25, 2017 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Kastle MX88 review 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Skis, Old vs New 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Okemo Mountain by TRobertson
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview