or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › Cycling › school me on MTB after a 15 years hiatus
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

school me on MTB after a 15 years hiatus - Page 2

post #31 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super D View Post
 

This......is....W-A-R-R-R-R!!!!  :duel:

 

FS guys:

 

 

 

HT guys:

 

 

 

SS'ers:

 

 

 

Fixie guys:

 

"Como estan, beetchez!"

you forgot new group of Fat bikers and unicyclists

 

and yes, there is a local race... for single speeds only.

 

 

post #32 of 44

^^^

 

That race looks awesome!

post #33 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super D View Post
 

^^^

 

That race looks awesome!

on the road side... if you want to see nuts....

 

http://redhookcrit.com/

 

Criterium on fixies.

 

post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanscrazydaisy View Post
 

on the road side... if you want to see nuts....

 

http://redhookcrit.com/

 

Very cool...do you ride the event? Loved that vid, thanks for sharing. :)

post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super D View Post
 

 

Very cool...do you ride the event? Loved that vid, thanks for sharing. :)

hell no.  I prefer something with freehubs

post #36 of 44
Thread Starter 

thanks everyone, I'm actually finding great deals on 26" bikes! Like 40% great deals :-) thinking it makes sense to be behind the curve giving the price! Not expecting to find anything but full price on a 650B at this point!

 

Right now I'm thinking in pulling the trigger on a Yeti SB66 Carbon XT/XTR build. Talked to a friend and he said it is a lot of bike for the money for the price that I found it which is low 3K

post #37 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
 

thanks everyone, I'm actually finding great deals on 26" bikes! Like 40% great deals :-) thinking it makes sense to be behind the curve giving the price! Not expecting to find anything but full price on a 650B at this point!

 

Right now I'm thinking in pulling the trigger on a Yeti SB66 Carbon XT/XTR build. Talked to a friend and he said it is a lot of bike for the money for the price that I found it which is low 3K

 

Just noticed you're in Boise, found this on CL in your area. Might wanna connect with this guy, looks like some additional great options to add to your search. :)

 

http://boise.craigslist.org/bid/4437714095.html

post #38 of 44
That Ellsworth's too big. The SB66 is a hell of a bike.
post #39 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHREDHEAD View Post

That Ellsworth's too big. The SB66 is a hell of a bike.

Lots of bikes and sizes listed in the ad, scroll down and you'll see what I mean.
post #40 of 44
Sorry, didn't see the rest of the ad.
post #41 of 44
Thread Starter 
pulled the trigger on the sb66 carbon

should get it out next weekend! thank you all for the suggestions!
post #42 of 44

^^ Nice.

post #43 of 44

Yeah, I was out on a ride this week with a friend who was on his virgin ride with a Yeti SB 75. Extremely nice looking bike. Guy is coming off 5 years riding a single speed only, and would not stop talking about how much fun he was having. Honestly I was fine with listening to it all because we all know there is nothing like the first ride and you might as well enjoy it to the max. Have fun with yours.

post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post

pulled the trigger on the sb66 carbon

should get it out next weekend! thank you all for the suggestions!

 

 

Shweeeeet! Enjoy! :beercheer:

 

I had two Ellsworth FS bikes before my current HT (got HT's to get my son and I into MTB'ing together on the cheap), and I cannot wait to get another FS. Nothing like a good FS bike for me, so much fun on the trails. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › Cycling › school me on MTB after a 15 years hiatus