Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best option for late march / early april on the East? Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:47am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2014 New England Gathering ... Momentum ... need more Bears Last post on 3/2/14 at 8:41am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- New England Gathering 2014 Stoke Last post on 3/12/14 at 6:33am in New England Gathering 2014 - Saddleback & Sugarloaf
- Best Mountain in MAINE? Last post on 2/12/14 at 7:31am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2014 New England Gathering -- date poll? Last post on 11/17/13 at 3:45pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Saddleback, Maine: An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/1/14
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
- Skiing Maine on a BudgetLast edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
New England Gathering 2014 Trip Report - Page 2post #31 of 1083/17/14 at 9:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1083/17/14 at 9:41pmpost #33 of 1083/17/14 at 9:44pm
Thanks to KevinF for organizing (and qcanoe for helping) and to those who contributed local knowledge.
Thaks to jamesj for taking all those pictures on Sunday. There was no way I was taking off my gloves to handle my camera in that cold and wind!
A fun time. I hope to ski with all of you again.post #34 of 1083/18/14 at 3:56ampost #35 of 1083/18/14 at 5:06am
I was too busy failing at trying to keep up with the gang, but I did get a couple pictures:
@qcanoe somewhere at Saddleback
I think this is MuleSkiiner at Saddleback... Long traverse to get there, but totally worth itpost #36 of 1083/18/14 at 6:58ampost #37 of 1083/18/14 at 7:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Trekchick
What a great Trip. Looks like the Bear count was a little low but the stoke was pretty high and you guys know how to show 'em how its done.
@KevinF You weren't slower. They were just trying to get ahead of you so they could get lots of pictures of you, our fearless leader.
Thanks for sharing!
I like your theory! My theory was that somebody with superlative skiing skills (like myself ...) had to bring up the rear in order to make sure that all of the lesser mortals made it down safely.post #38 of 1083/18/14 at 7:14amQuote:
You're a good leader.......running sweep to make sure everyone makes it.post #39 of 1083/18/14 at 8:17ampost #40 of 1083/18/14 at 10:26ampost #41 of 1083/18/14 at 4:40pmpost #42 of 1083/18/14 at 4:44pm
Glad to see folks got home and thawed out enough to post some beautiful pics. We're jumping around chronologically a little bit, but here are some photos from 3/17/14, the last day of the Gathering. These are from a beautiful, quiet, refreshingly cool morning at Sugarloaf, ME. It was cruiser heaven this day. Vince and I were led around by Qcanoe and KevinF. Hanging with those two guys was so fun it made us forget we were playing in single digit temps all day.
I guess everyone was at home cooking corned beef and cabbage:
Sugarloaf dressed in forest green and snow white for St. Paddy's Day:
Top o' the mornin' to yea - Q & Kev
Kevin scoping out the soft chalk on a another steep groomer
Enough with the scoping, it was one of those days when we had a lot of the runs to ourselves.
qcanoe heading for a warmup at mid-mtn Bullwinkle's Restaurant.
We gotta get Vince a brighter jacket for when he's off duty:
qcanoe is a fantastic carver, here he's arcing them on The Loaf's signature steep groomer, White Nitro:
For a careful guy, Kevin goes to some pretty hairball places. This run is so much steeper than this picture makes it look.
St. Paddy's day crew: Jamesj, KevinF, Qcanoe, Vince, believe that ghostly white massif in upper left of photo is Mt. Katahdin el 5269'. Super clear day.
We might post some video tonight and I might try to get a few more photos up featuring the Sunday gang. Thanks to all the EpicSkiers we saw in Maine. We had a great two days up there.
We're at Hunter Mtn the next two days for Vince's PSIA event, then up to Whiteface on Friday.post #43 of 1083/18/14 at 5:18pm
Great pics, I love that Mt. You guys look like you had it all to yourself. Good luck to Vince at Hunter. What is he doing skiing or teaching? That was a great airing out he has in the above picture.post #44 of 1083/18/14 at 5:21pmpost #45 of 1083/18/14 at 6:11pmpost #46 of 1083/18/14 at 6:16pmpost #47 of 1083/18/14 at 6:32pmpost #48 of 1083/18/14 at 6:50pm
Vince also showing how it's done:
Unfortunately, my camera decided it didn't want to work anymore (which is why the video ends rather abruptly) so I wasn't able to get any video of Jamesj.post #49 of 1083/18/14 at 6:57pmQuote:
Edited by Betsy - 3/18/14 at 7:08pmpost #50 of 1083/18/14 at 6:58pmpost #51 of 1083/18/14 at 7:07pmpost #52 of 1083/18/14 at 7:11pmpost #53 of 1083/18/14 at 7:58pmQuote:
Okay @Vince .......we're on it!!post #54 of 1083/19/14 at 4:11ampost #55 of 1083/19/14 at 7:06am
Lime is the new black (see me above).
Lime anorak. Lime boots. Lime VIST binding toe covers. Lime cell cover. Lime emergency whistle.
Sounds like Lime disease, for which there is no cure.
D1post #56 of 1083/19/14 at 7:14ampost #57 of 1083/19/14 at 7:25am
Why does Vince get to wear blue and I don't???
Of course, now that I'm known for yellow... I'd just confuse everybody if I showed up in blue again.
Betsy's suggestion does look good though. Dress This Mess knows their stuff.post #58 of 1083/19/14 at 8:09am
TR's from the Gatherings always bring a smile to my face. Glad ya all got some great snow and a very clear day at the 'loaf. Some good skiing, you guys would kick my butt.
Thanks for the pics.post #59 of 1083/19/14 at 8:11amQuote:
My favorite color is black.post #60 of 1083/19/14 at 3:59pm
Here's a video, hope it works, from Sugarloaf on 3/17/14. Groomer zooming: Vince, Q and Kevin:
Maybe we can put up an edit in a few days from several vids we took that day, but that is Vince's department and he's a little preoccupied right now. Hope to post a final few stills from Sun with the largers group at Sugarloaf.
- New England Gathering 2014 Trip Report
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Saddleback, Maine: An Unofficial Guide
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 8 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 40 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 58 minutes ago
- › Skis and Snowboards Made in the USA from Prospect 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer