or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Whitedot skis

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I've been offered a pretty decent discount if I buy some Whitedot skis, which I know very little about and won't get a chance to demo. Has anyone ridden any of their skis?. If so, please let me know how you found them. I'd probably be looking at the Ranger if anything (see below)

Currently I have a pair of Blizzard Bushwhacker 180s (with Griffons) and a pair of Praxis Protest 177s (with Barons). This year I'm going to be doing quite a bit of day touring and maybe a few multiday trips, which is pretty far from my usual skinning to avoid bootpacking and not a lot more. This isn't really by choice (not that I mind the opportunity to ski more), but regardless I've been wondering about a lighter setup.

(I'm not set on buying another pair of skis by any means, but I do hate to miss out on a good deal...)
post #2 of 6

I haven't skied them personally, but they're widely used at White Grizzly Lodge, where guests and guides speak highly of them. 

post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoichi View Post

I've been offered a pretty decent discount if I buy some Whitedot skis, which I know very little about and won't get a chance to demo. Has anyone ridden any of their skis?. If so, please let me know how you found them. I'd probably be looking at the Ranger if anything (see below)

Currently I have a pair of Blizzard Bushwhacker 180s (with Griffons) and a pair of Praxis Protest 177s (with Barons). This year I'm going to be doing quite a bit of day touring and maybe a few multiday trips, which is pretty far from my usual skinning to avoid bootpacking and not a lot more. This isn't really by choice (not that I mind the opportunity to ski more), but regardless I've been wondering about a lighter setup.

(I'm not set on buying another pair of skis by any means, but I do hate to miss out on a good deal...)

After demo'ing at BIg Sky a couple seasons ago, my ski buddy bought a pair.  The Directors I think.  He is advanced/expert and plays all over the mountain, with a little in-bounds hiking.  He's been quite happy with them.  White Dot has a free demo tent.  That was the year they were moving into the American market.

post #4 of 6

I have tested several models of WhiteDots since they started...the reviews are at:
 

http://www.exoticskis.com/forum/default.aspx?g=topics&f=36

 

Generally, the WhiteDots are very friendly (except the Ragnorok which is not for mere mortals), and well liked.  Their designs are refined in Chamonix and Verbier, and they have a devoted following by all kinds of skiers.

Feel free to ask any questions...I will try to add my 2 cents worth....  Great customer service too.

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marznc View Post

After demo'ing at BIg Sky a couple seasons ago, my ski buddy bought a pair.  The Directors I think.  He is advanced/expert and plays all over the mountain, with a little in-bounds hiking.  He's been quite happy with them.  White Dot has a free demo tent.  That was the year they were moving into the American market.
Good to hear. For better or worse I live in New Zealand, so I doubt I'll be able to demo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticSkis View Post

I have tested several models of WhiteDots since they started...the reviews are at:


http://www.exoticskis.com/forum/default.aspx?g=topics&f=36

Generally, the WhiteDots are very friendly (except the Ragnorok which is not for mere mortals), and well liked. Their designs are refined in Chamonix and Verbier, and they have a devoted following by all kinds of skiers.
Feel free to ask any questions...I will try to add my 2 cents worth.... Great customer service too.
Cheers, lots of good info in the reviews. Have you tried out the Rangers at all?
post #6 of 6

Have not been on the new Rangers yet....testing schedule this season was set back by no snow and rain in January in the NorthEast...but we talked to White Dot last Spring and we definitely want to get on the new model...especially a carbonlite build! Let us know if you get a ride on a pair..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion