- 9 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSpring Skiingtagged by marznc, 3/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- How much of Blackcomb is likely to be open last week in April/1st week in May? Last post on Yesterday at 12:09 pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? Last post on Today at 1:00 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Tahoe or Colorado for April 11-15?? Last post on 3/23/17 at 9:30am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 Last post on 3/27/17 at 8:45pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Conditions + resort advice - Late March 2017 Last post on 3/13/17 at 5:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Best resorts for late spring in the east
With the expected snow, and assuming it is all not washed away, spring skiing at Sugarloaf, my home hill, is a religious experience. I wait all year for it. We can ski into late April to early May. You can get a really good condo/tix deal late in the season as well.
Killington was known for a long time for trying to stay open longer than just about anyone, anywhere. They got away from that policy for a while, but they seem to be trying to re-instante themselves into the Spring skiing scene.
Sugarbush North gets shut down sometime in April, but Sugarbush South stays open for a long time. Wildcat has also been known to push the season until the last snow molecule is gone.
As deliberate1 said, Sugarloaf is far enough north that they can stay open forever.
No Spring skiing bash / party / atmosphere I have ever seen tops Lunch Rocks at Tuckerman Ravine though. Obviously it's not a resort, but it's an experience that shouldn't be missed.
Killington has had a new management team for the last two years and is back to "first to open, last to close". Depths are deep on Superstar and this current storm is going to extend to closing date well into May.
We spent a week at Jay in the middle of April last year and the mountain was 100% open. The conditions were excellent. They were among the best conditions we skied all winter, closer to what I often see in early March before the snow turns mushy and cruddy. The woods were a little stiff in the morning, but pretty good overall, certainly good by noon. The place was practically empty. The conditions started to deteriorate by the end of the week, but for April 20 or so, they were still great.
I haven't skied Sugarloaf for years, but they will surely be doing good skiing in late March or early April also.
If we have a good snow year next year, I may take the fam (provided they're interested) somewhere for spring break. Don't want to fly. Man, I miss the March Spring Breaks from back home. In NJ, they're way too frigging late. Of course, if we have a year next year like this, the Spring Break will be cut down to 3 days, again!
- Best resorts for late spring in the east
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 3 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 20 minutes ago
- › MA my bump skiing 39 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 43 minutes ago
- › Opinions sought on Zermaat-Cervinia : How does it compare 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Semantics 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › 2018 Kastle skis? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Zipfit Owners 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview