- 9 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSpring Skiingtagged by marznc, 3/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- MAX Pass in CO in April? [- A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/29/16 at 10:15am in Family Skiing Discussions
- Skiing Mt Church in the Lost River Range Last post on 7/4/16 at 1:16am in Trip Reports
- Killington, VT - Reflections - Last post on 6/8/16 at 3:37pm in Trip Reports
- North American skiing after Memorial Day? Last post on 6/6/16 at 10:41am in General Skiing Discussion
- Mt Rose reaching out to other season pass holders looking for bargain lift tickets [Squaw/Alpine... Last post on 5/1/16 at 6:53am in General Skiing Discussion
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Best resorts for late spring in the east
With the expected snow, and assuming it is all not washed away, spring skiing at Sugarloaf, my home hill, is a religious experience. I wait all year for it. We can ski into late April to early May. You can get a really good condo/tix deal late in the season as well.
Killington was known for a long time for trying to stay open longer than just about anyone, anywhere. They got away from that policy for a while, but they seem to be trying to re-instante themselves into the Spring skiing scene.
Sugarbush North gets shut down sometime in April, but Sugarbush South stays open for a long time. Wildcat has also been known to push the season until the last snow molecule is gone.
As deliberate1 said, Sugarloaf is far enough north that they can stay open forever.
No Spring skiing bash / party / atmosphere I have ever seen tops Lunch Rocks at Tuckerman Ravine though. Obviously it's not a resort, but it's an experience that shouldn't be missed.
Killington has had a new management team for the last two years and is back to "first to open, last to close". Depths are deep on Superstar and this current storm is going to extend to closing date well into May.
We spent a week at Jay in the middle of April last year and the mountain was 100% open. The conditions were excellent. They were among the best conditions we skied all winter, closer to what I often see in early March before the snow turns mushy and cruddy. The woods were a little stiff in the morning, but pretty good overall, certainly good by noon. The place was practically empty. The conditions started to deteriorate by the end of the week, but for April 20 or so, they were still great.
I haven't skied Sugarloaf for years, but they will surely be doing good skiing in late March or early April also.
If we have a good snow year next year, I may take the fam (provided they're interested) somewhere for spring break. Don't want to fly. Man, I miss the March Spring Breaks from back home. In NJ, they're way too frigging late. Of course, if we have a year next year like this, the Spring Break will be cut down to 3 days, again!
- Best resorts for late spring in the east
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 1 minute ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 11 minutes ago
- › Brand New Skis - Do they need wax? 13 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 37 minutes ago
- › Winter Car Camping In/Near Summit County 38 minutes ago
- › PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 49 minutes ago
- › Skiers Edge is defintely not strength training! 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer