- 9 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicSpring Skiingtagged by marznc, 3/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- Squaw/Mammoth Late Spring and Early Summer Conditions Last post on Today at 2:44 pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- How much of Blackcomb is likely to be open last week in April/1st week in May? Last post on 4/8/17 at 5:50pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? Last post on 4/10/17 at 5:31am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Spring Trip to Vermont [driving from DC, looking for greens and blue/black groomers] Last post on 4/8/17 at 7:06am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Tahoe or Colorado for April 11-15?? Last post on 3/23/17 at 9:30am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Best resorts for late spring in the east
With the expected snow, and assuming it is all not washed away, spring skiing at Sugarloaf, my home hill, is a religious experience. I wait all year for it. We can ski into late April to early May. You can get a really good condo/tix deal late in the season as well.
Killington was known for a long time for trying to stay open longer than just about anyone, anywhere. They got away from that policy for a while, but they seem to be trying to re-instante themselves into the Spring skiing scene.
Sugarbush North gets shut down sometime in April, but Sugarbush South stays open for a long time. Wildcat has also been known to push the season until the last snow molecule is gone.
As deliberate1 said, Sugarloaf is far enough north that they can stay open forever.
No Spring skiing bash / party / atmosphere I have ever seen tops Lunch Rocks at Tuckerman Ravine though. Obviously it's not a resort, but it's an experience that shouldn't be missed.
Killington has had a new management team for the last two years and is back to "first to open, last to close". Depths are deep on Superstar and this current storm is going to extend to closing date well into May.
We spent a week at Jay in the middle of April last year and the mountain was 100% open. The conditions were excellent. They were among the best conditions we skied all winter, closer to what I often see in early March before the snow turns mushy and cruddy. The woods were a little stiff in the morning, but pretty good overall, certainly good by noon. The place was practically empty. The conditions started to deteriorate by the end of the week, but for April 20 or so, they were still great.
I haven't skied Sugarloaf for years, but they will surely be doing good skiing in late March or early April also.
If we have a good snow year next year, I may take the fam (provided they're interested) somewhere for spring break. Don't want to fly. Man, I miss the March Spring Breaks from back home. In NJ, they're way too frigging late. Of course, if we have a year next year like this, the Spring Break will be cut down to 3 days, again!
- Best resorts for late spring in the east
- › Help me with bindings 6 minutes ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 7 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 8 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a Basic Tuning Kit 9 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 13 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 15 minutes ago
- › Monster 83 last minute confirmation on length 21 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 31 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 39 minutes ago
- › Calling all Minnesota Epicskiers 2016-2017 40 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review