My son and I will be at Snowbasin this week and I'd like to get him lessons while we're there. He's 6 years old and everything he's learned so far is from me but Lord knows I have my limits on teaching him to ski and a good instructor could really help bring him along. I've had him on skis since he was three and he loves it and we have a great time but I'm not knowledgable enough to take him too much farther in his skiing. Anyone have any experience with their ski school there?
- itemSnowbasintagged by marznc, 3/12/14
Related Forum Threads
- SLC Mar 3-6 Potential Plan Last post on 3/6/17 at 8:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Snowbasin/PowMou on Liftopia? Last post on 2/17/17 at 3:49pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ten Days Of The Best Snow On Earth Last post on 2/5/17 at 10:32pm in Trip Reports
- First trip to powmow/snow basin/ogden 1/24-1/27 Last post on 2/24/17 at 10:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski Adventure Road Trip - Four States in One Week Last post on 1/20/17 at 5:41am in Trip Reports
EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
Last edited: 12/19/16
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial GuideLast edited: 4/8/14
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing SnowbasinLast edited: 4/26/11
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Snowbasin kid's lessons??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/12/14 at 8:35am
Jim Forster (4ster on this board) is the assistant director of the ski school and an excellent coach/instructor. He may not be the right guy for such a youngster, but he will either be said person or hook you up with the best choice. Send him a PM.
Mikepost #3 of 63/12/14 at 10:01am
I know they have a really good ski school there--I am actually taking my 7YO daughter up there next week! We are also going to ski at Powder Mountain as I feel the terrain is a little more suited to her level there. That being said, we will have her take one lesson at Snowbasin. They have the funnest little kids terrain park off their beginner lift there. Not sure where else they'll take her as she's far exceeded the slope of that beginner run. I do like that they offer 2 or 4 hour lesson increments. Full day can be a bit much for a little one!post #4 of 63/12/14 at 10:22am
Jim Forster is man to reach out to as another poster already mentioned. He is one cool customer and is the lead guide and zen master at Snowbasin..to wit: with my then just turn 7-year old: Jim is a class act and can set you up best, he is 4ster on this forumpost #5 of 63/12/14 at 11:00amQuote:
Yep, I've been in contact with him already and met him in January while I was up there (we are moving there--yahoo!) Anyway, agreed, GREAT guy! What a fantastic video, too!
ETA your 7YO skis a wee bit better than mine!
- Snowbasin kid's lessons??
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial Guide
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 2 minutes ago
- › April 2017 Image of the Month Contest 4 minutes ago
- › Jackson Hole compared/contrasted(not vs) to Whistler 7 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 12 minutes ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 13 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 15 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 25 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 47 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Later Dudes 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review