My son and I will be at Snowbasin this week and I'd like to get him lessons while we're there. He's 6 years old and everything he's learned so far is from me but Lord knows I have my limits on teaching him to ski and a good instructor could really help bring him along. I've had him on skis since he was three and he loves it and we have a great time but I'm not knowledgable enough to take him too much farther in his skiing. Anyone have any experience with their ski school there?
- itemSnowbasintagged by marznc, 3/12/14
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on Today at 2:22 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Easiest Mountain in Utah? Last post on 7/10/16 at 5:40pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin Last post on 10/24/16 at 6:35pm in Skiing News
- First ski trip to Utah March 19-24 Last post on 3/27/16 at 9:06am in Trip Reports
- Game plan for Snowbasin Easter Sunday? Last post on 3/27/16 at 8:23pm in General Skiing Discussion
Snowbasin, UT Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 4/8/14
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing SnowbasinLast edited: 4/26/11
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing Snowbasin
Snowbasin kid's lessons??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Jim Forster (4ster on this board) is the assistant director of the ski school and an excellent coach/instructor. He may not be the right guy for such a youngster, but he will either be said person or hook you up with the best choice. Send him a PM.
I know they have a really good ski school there--I am actually taking my 7YO daughter up there next week! We are also going to ski at Powder Mountain as I feel the terrain is a little more suited to her level there. That being said, we will have her take one lesson at Snowbasin. They have the funnest little kids terrain park off their beginner lift there. Not sure where else they'll take her as she's far exceeded the slope of that beginner run. I do like that they offer 2 or 4 hour lesson increments. Full day can be a bit much for a little one!
Jim Forster is man to reach out to as another poster already mentioned. He is one cool customer and is the lead guide and zen master at Snowbasin..to wit: with my then just turn 7-year old: Jim is a class act and can set you up best, he is 4ster on this forum
Yep, I've been in contact with him already and met him in January while I was up there (we are moving there--yahoo!) Anyway, agreed, GREAT guy! What a fantastic video, too!
ETA your 7YO skis a wee bit better than mine!
- Snowbasin kid's lessons??
- › Winter tires - which model to choose ? 1 minute ago
- › New skis! [for Colorado to replace MX83] 10 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 11 minutes ago
- › POLL: The Future of Politics and Hot Topics 29 minutes ago
- › Any feedback on Fischer's The CURV? 30 minutes ago
- › Epic Discussion Starter 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Calling all Minnesota Epicskiers 2016-2017 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Utter beginner season rental question [older woman in the... 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Whistler sure...Off to a great opening. 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis