My son and I will be at Snowbasin this week and I'd like to get him lessons while we're there. He's 6 years old and everything he's learned so far is from me but Lord knows I have my limits on teaching him to ski and a good instructor could really help bring him along. I've had him on skis since he was three and he loves it and we have a great time but I'm not knowledgable enough to take him too much farther in his skiing. Anyone have any experience with their ski school there?
- itemSnowbasintagged by marznc, 3/12/14
Related Forum Threads
- SLC Mar 3-6 Potential Plan Last post on 3/6/17 at 8:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Snowbasin/PowMou on Liftopia? Last post on 2/17/17 at 3:49pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ten Days Of The Best Snow On Earth Last post on 2/5/17 at 10:32pm in Trip Reports
- First trip to powmow/snow basin/ogden 1/24-1/27 Last post on 2/24/17 at 10:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski Adventure Road Trip - Four States in One Week Last post on 1/20/17 at 5:41am in Trip Reports
EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
Last edited: 12/19/16
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial GuideLast edited: 4/8/14
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing SnowbasinLast edited: 4/26/11
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
Snowbasin kid's lessons??
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/12/14 at 8:35am
Jim Forster (4ster on this board) is the assistant director of the ski school and an excellent coach/instructor. He may not be the right guy for such a youngster, but he will either be said person or hook you up with the best choice. Send him a PM.
Mikepost #3 of 63/12/14 at 10:01am
I know they have a really good ski school there--I am actually taking my 7YO daughter up there next week! We are also going to ski at Powder Mountain as I feel the terrain is a little more suited to her level there. That being said, we will have her take one lesson at Snowbasin. They have the funnest little kids terrain park off their beginner lift there. Not sure where else they'll take her as she's far exceeded the slope of that beginner run. I do like that they offer 2 or 4 hour lesson increments. Full day can be a bit much for a little one!post #4 of 63/12/14 at 10:22am
Jim Forster is man to reach out to as another poster already mentioned. He is one cool customer and is the lead guide and zen master at Snowbasin..to wit: with my then just turn 7-year old: Jim is a class act and can set you up best, he is 4ster on this forumpost #5 of 63/12/14 at 11:00amQuote:
Yep, I've been in contact with him already and met him in January while I was up there (we are moving there--yahoo!) Anyway, agreed, GREAT guy! What a fantastic video, too!
ETA your 7YO skis a wee bit better than mine!
- Snowbasin kid's lessons??
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial Guide
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 1 minute ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? [- a Family Skiing topic] 3 minutes ago
- › OSBE ski helmet with visor attached. ( made in Itally, distributor... 12 minutes ago
- › Need a VERY flexy ski for a while... 20 minutes ago
- › Time for new skis 22 minutes ago
- › Tahoe or Colorado for April 11-15?? 26 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 27 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 39 minutes ago
- › Pond Skim Technique and Gear 42 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 51 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!