My son and I will be at Snowbasin this week and I'd like to get him lessons while we're there. He's 6 years old and everything he's learned so far is from me but Lord knows I have my limits on teaching him to ski and a good instructor could really help bring him along. I've had him on skis since he was three and he loves it and we have a great time but I'm not knowledgable enough to take him too much farther in his skiing. Anyone have any experience with their ski school there?
- itemSnowbasintagged by marznc, 3/12/14
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on 10/20/16 at 4:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Easiest Mountain in Utah? Last post on 7/10/16 at 5:40pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:11am in Skiing News
- First ski trip to Utah March 19-24 Last post on 3/27/16 at 9:06am in Trip Reports
- Game plan for Snowbasin Easter Sunday? Last post on 3/27/16 at 8:23pm in General Skiing Discussion
Snowbasin, UT Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 4/8/14
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing SnowbasinLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing Snowbasin
Snowbasin kid's lessons??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Jim Forster (4ster on this board) is the assistant director of the ski school and an excellent coach/instructor. He may not be the right guy for such a youngster, but he will either be said person or hook you up with the best choice. Send him a PM.
I know they have a really good ski school there--I am actually taking my 7YO daughter up there next week! We are also going to ski at Powder Mountain as I feel the terrain is a little more suited to her level there. That being said, we will have her take one lesson at Snowbasin. They have the funnest little kids terrain park off their beginner lift there. Not sure where else they'll take her as she's far exceeded the slope of that beginner run. I do like that they offer 2 or 4 hour lesson increments. Full day can be a bit much for a little one!
Jim Forster is man to reach out to as another poster already mentioned. He is one cool customer and is the lead guide and zen master at Snowbasin..to wit: with my then just turn 7-year old: Jim is a class act and can set you up best, he is 4ster on this forum
Yep, I've been in contact with him already and met him in January while I was up there (we are moving there--yahoo!) Anyway, agreed, GREAT guy! What a fantastic video, too!
ETA your 7YO skis a wee bit better than mine!
- Snowbasin kid's lessons??
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 4 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 11 minutes ago
- › Skiing Japan 13 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 30 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 31 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 53 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 57 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 5 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Saving boots for another kid 5 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer