or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › What other skis are similar to the Head i supershape speed model?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What other skis are similar to the Head i supershape speed model?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Looking to purchase a performance, narrower underfoot carving ski.....

 

I like the Head i Supershape Speed model but can't seem to find a reasonably priced demo model in the 170cm length.

Also looked for the Head Mya 7 in a similar length but no luck.

 

The Atomic Redster Doubledeck SL looks very similar in width underfoot and described purpose. 

 

What others would offer similar performance and design compared with the Head i Supershape Speed which is billed as a fast short radius carver?

 

I only want a performance ski with this underfoot range but I am not as familiar with what is out there.

 

Thank you for any help particularly if you have skied on it.

post #2 of 10

Fischer RC4 Superior SC would be similar.  A recreational slalom ski for mere mortals.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

Thanks Jim

post #4 of 10

Fischer's Progressor series has always filled that same sort of space.

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiater View Post
 

Looking to purchase a performance, narrower underfoot carving ski.....

 

I like the Head i Supershape Speed model but can't seem to find a reasonably priced demo model in the 170cm length.

Also looked for the Head Mya 7 in a similar length but no luck.

 

The Atomic Redster Doubledeck SL looks very similar in width underfoot and described purpose. 

 

What others would offer similar performance and design compared with the Head i Supershape Speed which is billed as a fast short radius carver?

 

I only want a performance ski with this underfoot range but I am not as familiar with what is out there.

 

Thank you for any help particularly if you have skied on it.

Redster SL in a 170 is 12M radius, i.supershape Speed in a 170 is a 14.3 Radius, Are you sure you want to go with that small a radius for freeskiing? I owned the original Supershape Speed in a 177cm with had a 16.6M radius!

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 

Yes Ilike a tighter carve radius.

 

I really like the Atomic Redster D2 SL but it is a bit more than I want to spend new. Couldn't find a demo ski for it either.

post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH View Post
 

Fischer RC4 Superior SC would be similar.  A recreational slalom ski for mere mortals.

Well, another high performance model with some forgiveness. But about as different in feel on the snow as it's possible to get. 

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiater View Post

Yes Ilike a tighter carve radius.

I really like the Atomic Redster D2 SL but it is a bit more than I want to spend new. Couldn't find a demo ski for it either.

I thought so too till I demoed a pair, too turny, now glad I didn't drop money on one.

The redster XT however is 15 meters and more versatile. Also love the 17 meter 179 redster d2 GS I tried, don't remember the exact model.
post #9 of 10
Was it forgiving? I need a somewhat easy racing ski for slalom on eastern small hills that won't wear me out
post #10 of 10
I didn't have it for long, but it didn't feel demanding. It always wants to carve a tight turn whether you want to or not, something to watch out for/get used to, but if you are using it for what's meant to do, it shouldn't be a problem.

From my limited experience, the doubledeckers are easier to bend than their flat counterpart from other brands.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › What other skis are similar to the Head i supershape speed model?