- 1,096 Posts. Joined 1/2003
- Location: Philadelphia PA
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemWildcattagged by marznc, 12/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Resorts with most challenging terrain and prettiest views in New Hampshire? Last post on 12/6/16 at 1:50pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . Last post on 4/24/17 at 7:06pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Peak Pass vs. Max Pass - comparison for NYC area skiiers Last post on 3/11/17 at 5:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Peak Resorts revenue report out for Q3 2015-16, no surprise that numbers were down Last post on 3/24/16 at 11:06am in Skiing News
- Northeast Peak Pass 2016-17 for 7 mountains including Hunter, Wildcat, Mount Snow Last post on 11/6/16 at 3:34am in Skiing News
Wildcat Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 3/30/16
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
- There's Something About Skiing New HampshireLast edited: 5/28/13
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
New Hampshire recspost #1 of 63/9/14 at 8:03pmThread StarterWe're going to visit some cousins on the north shore of Boston, arriving Tuesday 3/11 and plan to do day trips on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Cannon will be one stop, probably Thursday (it's cheap, a twofer day). Cousin will decide what to do Wednesday, but we may stay up north Thursday nite in Lincoln, so where to go Friday, before we head back to Salem? I'd like to see Wildcat, if only for the views, but how gnarly is it? We're interested in cruising, not bumps or extreme steeps at our advanced ages. And there's supposed to be a dump on Wednesday!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/10/14 at 12:01am
Wildcat is actually better than Cannon (IMHO) for long, beautiful cruisers and it's supposed to be skiing pretty good right now: http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic20241 .
If you catch a nice spring ski day there the views will blow you away! A powder day wouldn't be bad either.
Old trip report with some of the mtns you are talking about: http://dcski.com/articles/view_article.php?article_id=1267&mode=searchpost #3 of 63/10/14 at 4:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 63/10/14 at 10:20amThe drive from Lincoln to Wildcat isn't too bad. The notches that you'll drive through are heavily salted.
Also agree that Wildcat had beautiful cruising trails. Polecat is the best green trail in New England, IMO. If you want challenge, though, it is there.post #5 of 63/10/14 at 10:35amThread Starter
- New Hampshire recs
- In Praise of the Anti-Resorts
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 3 minutes ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 4 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 10 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 20 minutes ago
- › My final thank you, good by and farewell VIDEO @ EpicSki - please... 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › United Airlines overbooking incident 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Marker Cosmic Shell Jacket, Mens M, Blue 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 5 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 11 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Epic Ski Archives Project 11 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review