- 1,096 Posts. Joined 1/2003
- Location: Philadelphia PA
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemWildcattagged by marznc, 12/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Resorts with most challenging terrain and prettiest views in New Hampshire? Last post on 12/6/16 at 1:50pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . Last post on 3/22/17 at 9:22pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Peak Pass vs. Max Pass - comparison for NYC area skiiers Last post on 3/11/17 at 5:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Peak Resorts revenue report out for Q3 2015-16, no surprise that numbers were down Last post on 3/24/16 at 11:06am in Skiing News
- Northeast Peak Pass 2016-17 for 7 mountains including Hunter, Wildcat, Mount Snow Last post on 11/6/16 at 3:34am in Skiing News
Wildcat Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 3/30/16
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
- There's Something About Skiing New HampshireLast edited: 5/28/13
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
New Hampshire recspost #1 of 63/9/14 at 8:03pmThread StarterWe're going to visit some cousins on the north shore of Boston, arriving Tuesday 3/11 and plan to do day trips on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Cannon will be one stop, probably Thursday (it's cheap, a twofer day). Cousin will decide what to do Wednesday, but we may stay up north Thursday nite in Lincoln, so where to go Friday, before we head back to Salem? I'd like to see Wildcat, if only for the views, but how gnarly is it? We're interested in cruising, not bumps or extreme steeps at our advanced ages. And there's supposed to be a dump on Wednesday!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/10/14 at 12:01am
Wildcat is actually better than Cannon (IMHO) for long, beautiful cruisers and it's supposed to be skiing pretty good right now: http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic20241 .
If you catch a nice spring ski day there the views will blow you away! A powder day wouldn't be bad either.
Old trip report with some of the mtns you are talking about: http://dcski.com/articles/view_article.php?article_id=1267&mode=searchpost #3 of 63/10/14 at 4:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 63/10/14 at 10:20amThe drive from Lincoln to Wildcat isn't too bad. The notches that you'll drive through are heavily salted.
Also agree that Wildcat had beautiful cruising trails. Polecat is the best green trail in New England, IMO. If you want challenge, though, it is there.post #5 of 63/10/14 at 10:35amThread Starter
- New Hampshire recs
- In Praise of the Anti-Resorts
- › If you don't wear a helmet, all I can ask is why? 7 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 43 minutes ago
- › 2010/2011 Kastle MX 88 Replacement 47 minutes ago
- › One Wasatch 47 minutes ago
- › Telluride in early Jan 55 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › How to get a razor edge? 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Bad idea to practice on 27m skis before a 30m race? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Aspen end of March?? 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview