- 1,096 Posts. Joined 1/2003
- Location: Philadelphia PA
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemWildcattagged by marznc, 12/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . Last post on Yesterday at 9:43 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Peak Pass vs. Max Pass - comparison for NYC area skiiers Last post on 10/14/16 at 11:35am in General Skiing Discussion
- Peak Resorts revenue report out for Q3 2015-16, no surprise that numbers were down Last post on 3/24/16 at 11:06am in Skiing News
- Northeast Peak Pass 2016-17 for 7 mountains including Hunter, Wildcat, Mount Snow Last post on 11/6/16 at 3:34am in Skiing News
- 2015-16 Northeast Region Stoke, Weather, News, Chat Last post on 9/2/16 at 3:56am in General Skiing Discussion
Wildcat Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 3/30/16
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
- There's Something About Skiing New HampshireLast edited: 5/28/13
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
New Hampshire recspost #1 of 63/9/14 at 8:03pmThread StarterWe're going to visit some cousins on the north shore of Boston, arriving Tuesday 3/11 and plan to do day trips on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Cannon will be one stop, probably Thursday (it's cheap, a twofer day). Cousin will decide what to do Wednesday, but we may stay up north Thursday nite in Lincoln, so where to go Friday, before we head back to Salem? I'd like to see Wildcat, if only for the views, but how gnarly is it? We're interested in cruising, not bumps or extreme steeps at our advanced ages. And there's supposed to be a dump on Wednesday!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/10/14 at 12:01am
Wildcat is actually better than Cannon (IMHO) for long, beautiful cruisers and it's supposed to be skiing pretty good right now: http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic20241 .
If you catch a nice spring ski day there the views will blow you away! A powder day wouldn't be bad either.
Old trip report with some of the mtns you are talking about: http://dcski.com/articles/view_article.php?article_id=1267&mode=searchpost #3 of 63/10/14 at 4:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 63/10/14 at 10:20amThe drive from Lincoln to Wildcat isn't too bad. The notches that you'll drive through are heavily salted.
Also agree that Wildcat had beautiful cruising trails. Polecat is the best green trail in New England, IMO. If you want challenge, though, it is there.post #5 of 63/10/14 at 10:35amThread Starter
- New Hampshire recs
- In Praise of the Anti-Resorts
- › All mountain skis for my son - expert, 5'9", 132 # 2 seconds ago
- › Boot alignment Poll 9 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 37 minutes ago
- › $99 Season Pass--Mt. Bohemia 46 minutes ago
- › Crispi XP telemark boots - size 28 47 minutes ago
- › Jackets that fit over the helmet? Multisport too? (Vermont) 53 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Ski boots for wide feet, Tecnica Ten.2 100HVL 16/17 or something... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Any feedback on Fischer's The CURV? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › 2012 Dodge Ski Boots Mondo 28.0 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis