- 1,096 Posts. Joined 1/2003
- Location: Philadelphia PA
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemWildcattagged by marznc, 12/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Peak Pass vs. Max Pass - comparison for NYC area skiiers Last post on 10/14/16 at 11:35am in General Skiing Discussion
- Peak Resorts revenue report out for Q3 2015-16, no surprise that numbers were down Last post on 3/24/16 at 11:06am in Skiing News
- Northeast Peak Pass 2016-17 for 7 mountains including Hunter, Wildcat, Mount Snow Last post on 9/21/16 at 6:14am in Skiing News
- 2015-16 Northeast Region Stoke, Weather, News, Chat Last post on 9/2/16 at 3:56am in General Skiing Discussion
- The importance of mom and pop ski hills to the industry Last post on 8/14/15 at 2:51pm in General Skiing Discussion
Wildcat Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 3/30/16
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
- There's Something About Skiing New HampshireLast edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
New Hampshire recspost #1 of 63/9/14 at 8:03pmThread StarterWe're going to visit some cousins on the north shore of Boston, arriving Tuesday 3/11 and plan to do day trips on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Cannon will be one stop, probably Thursday (it's cheap, a twofer day). Cousin will decide what to do Wednesday, but we may stay up north Thursday nite in Lincoln, so where to go Friday, before we head back to Salem? I'd like to see Wildcat, if only for the views, but how gnarly is it? We're interested in cruising, not bumps or extreme steeps at our advanced ages. And there's supposed to be a dump on Wednesday!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/10/14 at 12:01am
Wildcat is actually better than Cannon (IMHO) for long, beautiful cruisers and it's supposed to be skiing pretty good right now: http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic20241 .
If you catch a nice spring ski day there the views will blow you away! A powder day wouldn't be bad either.
Old trip report with some of the mtns you are talking about: http://dcski.com/articles/view_article.php?article_id=1267&mode=searchpost #3 of 63/10/14 at 4:43amThread Starterpost #4 of 63/10/14 at 10:20amThe drive from Lincoln to Wildcat isn't too bad. The notches that you'll drive through are heavily salted.
Also agree that Wildcat had beautiful cruising trails. Polecat is the best green trail in New England, IMO. If you want challenge, though, it is there.post #5 of 63/10/14 at 10:35amThread Starter
- New Hampshire recs
- In Praise of the Anti-Resorts
- › How do I know if my ski binding position is in the proper place for... 3 minutes ago
- › Boot Buying Etiquette 3 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 10 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 19 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 20 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 22 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 25 minutes ago
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 36 minutes ago
- › Will These Work 39 minutes ago
- › [Yet Another] 'What ski should I buy' thread 52 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer