- 3,872 Posts. Joined 3/2006
- Location: Bay Area and Truckee
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemGrand Targheetagged by marznc, 3/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Egan brothers inducted into the US Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame - March 2017 Last post on 4/21/17 at 9:14am in General Skiing Discussion
- Advice on best location (UT/WY) for a week of pow in early March [from Chicago] Last post on 3/7/17 at 9:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016/2017 Wyoming/Montana/Idaho Updates and Discussion Last post on 4/19/17 at 8:30pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Draw a 600 mile circle around Porland, OR... Last post on 11/5/16 at 10:41am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-2017 Jackson Hole / Grand Targhee Meetup Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 12:33pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Super 8 in Driggs or the lodges at the base of Targhee itself.
Depends . . . Targhee has been mentioned for families looking for a Dec holiday destination that's not too crowded. I like to ski Targhee when going to JH or driving up to Big Sky from SLC. Not sure I would schedule a full week at GT, but would be happy to spend 3-4 days. Especially if storm chasing a bit.
I'm an advanced skier who likes powder but could certainly use more experience in powder. GT terrain is good for that. In the same way that Powder Mountain does with powder conditions. Not places I would go to on a solo trip, but happy to spend time there with a ski buddy or two or three.
Anyone has any advice on how/where to ski Targhee?
Also good advice on places to eat in Driggs/Alta area would be greatly appreciated. Any other tips?
We had a very good dinner at the Royal Wolf in Driggs. Not just standard bar food. Pays to go early because it's small and fills up.
We had a great time, daughter did very well in the comp. Missed the big powder day on Tue by a day, but got plenty of great skiing Wed-Fri. Special thanks to HarkinBanks for the local info!
So do you think GT could be consider a "destination resort"?
The day after a powder dump can be pretty fun at GT. That's what I got the first time there.
- Grand Targhee
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 42 seconds ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 1 minute ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 8 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 34 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 44 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 5 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 7 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 7 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 9 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › My final thank you, good by and farewell VIDEO @ EpicSki - please... 13 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review