- 3,866 Posts. Joined 3/2006
- Location: Bay Area and Truckee
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemGrand Targheetagged by marznc, 3/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on best location (UT/WY) for a week of pow in early March [from Chicago] Last post on 3/7/17 at 9:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016/2017 Wyoming/Montana/Idaho Updates and Discussion Last post on 2/16/17 at 1:52pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Draw a 600 mile circle around Porland, OR... Last post on 11/5/16 at 10:41am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-2017 Jackson Hole / Grand Targhee Meetup Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 12:33pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Grand Targhee replacing Blackfoot double with a quad for 2016-17 Last post on 12/9/16 at 7:47pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Super 8 in Driggs or the lodges at the base of Targhee itself.
Depends . . . Targhee has been mentioned for families looking for a Dec holiday destination that's not too crowded. I like to ski Targhee when going to JH or driving up to Big Sky from SLC. Not sure I would schedule a full week at GT, but would be happy to spend 3-4 days. Especially if storm chasing a bit.
I'm an advanced skier who likes powder but could certainly use more experience in powder. GT terrain is good for that. In the same way that Powder Mountain does with powder conditions. Not places I would go to on a solo trip, but happy to spend time there with a ski buddy or two or three.
Anyone has any advice on how/where to ski Targhee?
Also good advice on places to eat in Driggs/Alta area would be greatly appreciated. Any other tips?
We had a very good dinner at the Royal Wolf in Driggs. Not just standard bar food. Pays to go early because it's small and fills up.
We had a great time, daughter did very well in the comp. Missed the big powder day on Tue by a day, but got plenty of great skiing Wed-Fri. Special thanks to HarkinBanks for the local info!
So do you think GT could be consider a "destination resort"?
The day after a powder dump can be pretty fun at GT. That's what I got the first time there.
- Grand Targhee
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 4 minutes ago
- › DIY boot heater 10 minutes ago
- › Not sure if my liner is packed out, boot's flex too soft, or I'm... 19 minutes ago
- › When to Buy 2018 Skis? (Specifically Brahmas) 21 minutes ago
- › Using the ankles to maintain balance and to increase your skills 29 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 45 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › MA this intermediate(ish) senior skier 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Mountains that offer skiing and mountain biking 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Are you man enough? K2 VO Slaloms 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview