- 3,850 Posts. Joined 3/2006
- Location: Bay Area and Truckee
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemGrand Targheetagged by marznc, 3/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Draw a 600 mile circle around Porland, OR... Last post on 11/5/16 at 10:41am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-2017 Jackson Hole / Grand Targhee Meetup Thread Last post on 12/5/16 at 4:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Grand Targhee replacing Blackfoot double with a quad for 2016-17 Last post on 11/29/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Grand Targhee on a Powder Day - Where Do You Ski? Last post on 4/18/16 at 7:05am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Don't duck Ropes @ GTR Last post on 2/27/16 at 1:59pm in General Skiing Discussion
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Super 8 in Driggs or the lodges at the base of Targhee itself.
Depends . . . Targhee has been mentioned for families looking for a Dec holiday destination that's not too crowded. I like to ski Targhee when going to JH or driving up to Big Sky from SLC. Not sure I would schedule a full week at GT, but would be happy to spend 3-4 days. Especially if storm chasing a bit.
I'm an advanced skier who likes powder but could certainly use more experience in powder. GT terrain is good for that. In the same way that Powder Mountain does with powder conditions. Not places I would go to on a solo trip, but happy to spend time there with a ski buddy or two or three.
Anyone has any advice on how/where to ski Targhee?
Also good advice on places to eat in Driggs/Alta area would be greatly appreciated. Any other tips?
We had a very good dinner at the Royal Wolf in Driggs. Not just standard bar food. Pays to go early because it's small and fills up.
We had a great time, daughter did very well in the comp. Missed the big powder day on Tue by a day, but got plenty of great skiing Wed-Fri. Special thanks to HarkinBanks for the local info!
So do you think GT could be consider a "destination resort"?
The day after a powder dump can be pretty fun at GT. That's what I got the first time there.
- Grand Targhee
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brilliant Skiing Every Day by Weems Westfeldt - free download 51 seconds ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 8 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 9 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 9 minutes ago
- › Laurel Mountain Awaits Grand Opening 9 minutes ago
- › Twin tip for an intro park course? 10 minutes ago
- › Hot Gear Bag? 11 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 12 minutes ago
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 19 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 27 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues