- 3,846 Posts. Joined 3/2006
- Location: Bay Area and Truckee
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemGrand Targheetagged by marznc, 3/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-2017 Jackson Hole / Grand Targhee Meetup Thread Last post on 10/9/16 at 7:04pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Grand Targhee replacing Blackfoot double with a quad for 2016-17 Last post on 10/7/16 at 10:20am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Grand Targhee on a Powder Day - Where Do You Ski? Last post on 4/18/16 at 7:05am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Don't duck Ropes @ GTR Last post on 2/27/16 at 1:59pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Early March Trip Destination? Last post on 2/18/16 at 7:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Super 8 in Driggs or the lodges at the base of Targhee itself.
Depends . . . Targhee has been mentioned for families looking for a Dec holiday destination that's not too crowded. I like to ski Targhee when going to JH or driving up to Big Sky from SLC. Not sure I would schedule a full week at GT, but would be happy to spend 3-4 days. Especially if storm chasing a bit.
I'm an advanced skier who likes powder but could certainly use more experience in powder. GT terrain is good for that. In the same way that Powder Mountain does with powder conditions. Not places I would go to on a solo trip, but happy to spend time there with a ski buddy or two or three.
Anyone has any advice on how/where to ski Targhee?
Also good advice on places to eat in Driggs/Alta area would be greatly appreciated. Any other tips?
We had a very good dinner at the Royal Wolf in Driggs. Not just standard bar food. Pays to go early because it's small and fills up.
We had a great time, daughter did very well in the comp. Missed the big powder day on Tue by a day, but got plenty of great skiing Wed-Fri. Special thanks to HarkinBanks for the local info!
So do you think GT could be consider a "destination resort"?
The day after a powder dump can be pretty fun at GT. That's what I got the first time there.
- Grand Targhee
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 16 minutes ago
- › Where HAVE you skied? 33 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 41 minutes ago
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 52 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Bode News 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Blizzard Bonafide vs Nordica Enforcer 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer