I live in Toronto and have skied Blue Mountain (Collingwood) all my life - it's more a big hill. I'm looking to take a road trip out to VT and hit up 1 (or more than 1?) resorts
Have a few loaded questions - hope you guys can help!
1) As I said I've basically only done Blue Mountain - have hit Mont Tremblant in QC a few times. I consider myself very comfortable skiing and would enjoy probably almost any run. I just learned snowboarding this year - I've gotten a lot better, but it's still my first year. Would these large mountains simply be too challenging, or would there still be plenty of runs to enjoy and challenge myself?
2) Any specific resort recommendations? I'm thinking of bringing BOTH my ski and snowboard gear, so I will try to do both
3) Thinking of going alone - any tips/suggestions to meet up with people?
4) If I'm alone, I'm mostly concerned about off-track/gladed/off-piste and the risk of hurting myself without anyone around to help me. Thoughts?
5) Since I'm driving, any recommendations on accommodations? Mainly looking for parking of course, shuttle to the lifts and access to night life
6) How long should I go for? I'm not used to "spending the day" on these giant mountains. I'm a go-getter and want to enjoy as much as possible, but I don't want to plan for a week if you can really only do a couple days, for example
7) Anything else I should be considering?
Very happy to provide any additional information if it helps get more helpful answers! :)