or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Feedback/Tech Talk › The Bug Report › Pictures rotating when posting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures rotating when posting

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

I'm trying to post a few pictures, but when I post them into a thread some are rotating - displaying sideways or upside down.  Is there any way for me to fix them?

post #2 of 13

Can you please link me to the post and I can check it out? Thanks. 

post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post
 

Can you please link me to the post and I can check it out? Thanks. 

 

http://www.epicski.com/t/125256/just-how-snowy-is-it-in-northern-michigan/30#post_1698987

post #4 of 13

Google-why do pictures rotate from cell phones.

post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
 

Google-why do pictures rotate from cell phones

Yeah, I get that, but I've gone through the trouble of editing the pictures, rotating when necessary and saving them again and they appear fine when I view on my computer and in photobucket.  Its only when I upload them here that they are rotated.  It may just be easier to link from photobucket rather than uploading.

post #6 of 13

Free hosting here, but editing and photo manipulation is minimal.  If you are uploading from a laptop or desk computer the photos should inherit their orientation and size from the source, but directly from the phone can result in unexpected artifacts. 

 

FYI you can right click the picture and resize and place the picture left, right or center, and wrap text, but so far, no cropping or rotation tools.

post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
 

Free hosting here, but editing and photo manipulation is minimal.  If you are uploading from a laptop or desk computer the photos should inherit their orientation and size from the source, but directly from the phone can result in unexpected artifacts. 

 

FYI you can right click the picture and resize and place the picture left, right or center, and wrap text, but so far, no cropping or rotation tools.

Thanks.  Its weird.  They display correctly on my computer. Definitely not the end of the world.

post #8 of 13

Yeah I can't see any reason they should be rotating. 

post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr40 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
 

Free hosting here, but editing and photo manipulation is minimal.  If you are uploading from a laptop or desk computer the photos should inherit their orientation and size from the source, but directly from the phone can result in unexpected artifacts. 

 

FYI you can right click the picture and resize and place the picture left, right or center, and wrap text, but so far, no cropping or rotation tools.

Thanks.  Its weird.  They display correctly on my computer. Definitely not the end of the world.

 

Before we close the book and attribute this to weird anomalies,  what are you using to view or edit the pictures on your computer?  Some programs do auto-rotate without changing the attribute of the original photo, and I would guess that is the case here.  For example I often use Adobe Bridge to prepare photos for Photoshop.  It will rotate, crop and change many exposure settings without altering the photo, but it previews the pictures as edited unless you save-as.

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
 

 

Before we close the book and attribute this to weird anomalies,  what are you using to view or edit the pictures on your computer?  Some programs do auto-rotate without changing the attribute of the original photo, and I would guess that is the case here.  For example I often use Adobe Bridge to prepare photos for Photoshop.  It will rotate, crop and change many exposure settings without altering the photo, but it previews the pictures as edited.

Windows Photo Viewer to view.  Paint to edit.

post #11 of 13

If by any chance you have Microsoft Office, the free Microsoft Picture Manager 2010 is a decent editor and previewer.  It is in the Extras included on the Office disk.   It's not a great program, but it's much better than switching between viewer and Paint.  If you don't have Office there is a version here for download.

 

There are lots of very good image editor programs that are shareware or cloudware.  I highly recommend you try a few out and see what works for you.  Beware of clicking OK to installing browser toolbars and unwanted "extras"

post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 

Its my work laptop.  I've got Office 2013.  I'll see if there is a picture viewer/editor in there.  Thanks for the help!

post #13 of 13

I understand they stopped distributing Picture Manager with Office 2013, but any other version or the CNET link I gave above should get  you situated. If it is installed from a previous version just do the following:

 

Start Picture Manager from the Start menu
Use the following instructions to start Picture Manager.

From the Start menu, select All Programs.
Click to open the Microsoft Office folder.
Click to open the Microsoft Office Tools folder.
Click Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Bug Report
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Feedback/Tech Talk › The Bug Report › Pictures rotating when posting