or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Line Sick Day 110's

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Just picked up a pair of  Line Sick Day 110's and am very excited!  I ski on the Prophet 90 as my DD and I have a pair of Bluehouse Districts in a 176 as my east coast pow ski but i feel like i can take these Districts out more often now that i am used to skiing wider skis.  I wouldn't dream of riding on anything less than 90ish now.  I am 5'10" 180" and an advanced intermediate that likes to go moderately fast and not ski switch.  I am finding more comfort in the bumps.  These Sick Days will be my dedicated powder/soft snow ski now and they are 186cm in length.  I will report back with my impressions.  If they are anything like the Prophets, then I am sure I will be loving life!  If I am skiing on them a lot, then that is a GREAT thing since that means there will be  plenty of powder, which there has been this season on the east coast in Vermont.    A side note, I am eager to try my ski tracker app that my buddy recommended to me.  He hit 61.3mph and was on a 50 degree slope!  What fun.  Pray for a continuation of winter!!

post #2 of 10

Picked up a set of these and used them for one day so far............ my other skis are Bones x2 (Tele and Alpine), Cochise, Kuros, Mantras, Ullr's Chariots (Ski Logik), Goats, Fischer RC4 WC/SL............

 

So far I have only used the 110 Sick Days or "Sickos" as I call them on hardpack and packed powder........... waiting for a big dump to really give these skis a run........ was looking for something versatile in the 108 - 112 range significantly lighter than my Cochise which just want to go straight at Warp 9 independent of conditions all while sitting on a sofa watching TV and eating chips!........... much fun w/ Cochise, but becoming more fond of life at 52 so wanted something a bit more playful and lighter on my aging knees...............and not so much top end speed.............

 

186 Sickos so far seem to fit the bill........... I'm 215 lbs, some say advanced............ I question that after watching the Olympics............ I say perpetual adv intermediate!!!!............ light and playful edge to edge............ they can easily hop playfully from side to side........... while not as crazy stable as the Cochise at Warp 9............ they were super stable and confident but they have a speed limit.......... it's high..... but it's there...........which is w/in their design parameters............. they are surprisingly stable in the air in fact I was expecting such a light ski to noodle on landing but Nope......... solid and confident on landing............Nice even flex throughout............ While the Cochise says "Give me more", the Sickos say "Come out and play, turn me on and I'll ZIP you around the mountain"............ a super fun ski........... Blister gear has a totally spot on review of the Sick Days........... check it out for more info. They really shine when you stay centered and pop .....or you can lean it fwd and rail em like an 80 underfoot, or lean back and easily slarve like my rockered out Kuros........... can't believe how well these new skis seem to do it all............. our sport has developed so much tech that is mindblowingly versatile............ I'll say more after a major storm...............

post #3 of 10

I got these skis about a month ago. Love them. I got them as my daily driver in Colorado, replacing my Line Celebrity 100s, which have now been converted to an AT binding. I just wanted a little more length and girth. (that's what she said.)  They float pretty well, edge nicely, and are definitely better at crud busting than the Celebs were, although not as good as my Icelantic Gypsies. My first weekend on the Sick Day 110s was bone dry. They weren't exactly fun in hard bumps, but did great on hardpack.  The following weekend I had them in a massive dump at Monarch - again, super fun.  My Gypsies float more, but that's what you'd expect.

post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
I'm sure I won't take these past 50mph. That IMO would be bombing. I read that review from Blistering, and can't wait to try these skis. I'm going w my 6 year old tomorrow (his first time) so I will be on the Prophets or my older Kendos at 170. We may be in for some magic carpet emergencies! Lol. Good input on sick days guys! Can't wait! smile.gif
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounceswoosh View Post

I got these skis about a month ago. Love them. I got them as my daily driver in Colorado, replacing my Line Celebrity 100s, which have now been converted to an AT binding. I just wanted a little more length and girth. (that's what she said.)  They float pretty well, edge nicely, and are definitely better at crud busting than the Celebs were, although not as good as my Icelantic Gypsies. My first weekend on the Sick Day 110s was bone dry. They weren't exactly fun in hard bumps, but did great on hardpack.  The following weekend I had them in a massive dump at Monarch - again, super fun.  My Gypsies float more, but that's what you'd expect.

What are the celebrities like? I went w the sick days specifically because I noticed such a difference between my blue house districts at 106 underfoot and my TST's at 101 underfoot, in powder conditions. I mounted the sick days with Squires creating a super light setup, which will enable me to explore off piste even more than I do now.
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Momma View Post

Picked up a set of these and used them for one day so far............ my other skis are Bones x2 (Tele and Alpine), Cochise, Kuros, Mantras, Ullr's Chariots (Ski Logik), Goats, Fischer RC4 WC/SL............

So far I have only used the 110 Sick Days or "Sickos" as I call them on hardpack and packed powder........... waiting for a big dump to really give these skis a run........ was looking for something versatile in the 108 - 112 range significantly lighter than my Cochise which just want to go straight at Warp 9 independent of conditions all while sitting on a sofa watching TV and eating chips!........... much fun w/ Cochise, but becoming more fond of life at 52 so wanted something a bit more playful and lighter on my aging knees...............and not so much top end speed.............

186 Sickos so far seem to fit the bill........... I'm 215 lbs, some say advanced............ I question that after watching the Olympics............ I say perpetual adv intermediate!!!!............ light and playful edge to edge............ they can easily hop playfully from side to side........... while not as crazy stable as the Cochise at Warp 9............ they were super stable and confident but they have a speed limit.......... it's high..... but it's there...........which is w/in their design parameters............. they are surprisingly stable in the air in fact I was expecting such a light ski to noodle on landing but Nope......... solid and confident on landing............Nice even flex throughout............ While the Cochise says "Give me more", the Sickos say "Come out and play, turn me on and I'll ZIP you around the mountain"............ a super fun ski........... Blister gear has a totally spot on review of the Sick Days........... check it out for more info. They really shine when you stay centered and pop .....or you can lean it fwd and rail em like an 80 underfoot, or lean back and easily slarve like my rockered out Kuros........... can't believe how well these new skis seem to do it all............. our sport has developed so much tech that is mindblowingly versatile............ I'll say more after a major storm...............

Which Mantras are you on? The Asian themed or the reverse camber red ones? If I came home with another pair, she would probably divorce me! They seem pretty close in dimensions to my prophets.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidd326 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounceswoosh View Post

I got these skis about a month ago. Love them. I got them as my daily driver in Colorado, replacing my Line Celebrity 100s, which have now been converted to an AT binding. I just wanted a little more length and girth. (that's what she said.)  They float pretty well, edge nicely, and are definitely better at crud busting than the Celebs were, although not as good as my Icelantic Gypsies. My first weekend on the Sick Day 110s was bone dry. They weren't exactly fun in hard bumps, but did great on hardpack.  The following weekend I had them in a massive dump at Monarch - again, super fun.  My Gypsies float more, but that's what you'd expect.

What are the celebrities like? I went w the sick days specifically because I noticed such a difference between my blue house districts at 106 underfoot and my TST's at 101 underfoot, in powder conditions. I mounted the sick days with Squires creating a super light setup, which will enable me to explore off piste even more than I do now.

 

Mostly the Celebrity 100s are no longer made =/  They are twin tip; I found they skied a lot like the Icelantic Nomad. They were just super easy for me - like a houseshoe. They did everything and I didn't feel like I had to work at it.  But at my weight, they did not float. And I wanted a little more length, although I have trouble articulating why.

post #8 of 10

I'm on the white Mantras w/ the samurai warrior holding the sword........... nice graphics...... ski still has life after 100's of days........... nothing fancy......... no rocker or anything but it has been a fantastic ski overall.....mounted them up w/ Marker M14 Comp bindings and placed a plexi plate under the toe to flatten the ramp angle.... also I ski them very short at 177 for a 200+ lbs guy......... Perfect set up and makes the ski playful but the stiff tail gives the feel of a longer ski w/o the heft!.......... also owned the red Mantras in 184 which were total dogs for me.......... a useless ski for me waaaaay too heavy and too much to handle.............the white Mantras were my daily east coast, "Go To" driver every day............. now it's a fun rock ski!............. The Sickos are behind the downstairs bedroom door.............. WELL HIDDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO.................

post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Momma View Post
 

I'm on the white Mantras w/ the samurai warrior holding the sword........... nice graphics...... ski still has life after 100's of days........... nothing fancy......... no rocker or anything but it has been a fantastic ski overall.....mounted them up w/ Marker M14 Comp bindings and placed a plexi plate under the toe to flatten the ramp angle.... also I ski them very short at 177 for a 200+ lbs guy......... Perfect set up and makes the ski playful but the stiff tail gives the feel of a longer ski w/o the heft!.......... also owned the red Mantras in 184 which were total dogs for me.......... a useless ski for me waaaaay too heavy and too much to handle.............the white Mantras were my daily east coast, "Go To" driver every day............. now it's a fun rock ski!............. The Sickos are behind the downstairs bedroom door.............. WELL HIDDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO.................

well hidden, LOL.  I have had skis shipped to my mothers house in VT so that my wife wouldn't find out about them!  I might be able to get on the "Sickos" this week or next if the weather is looking like its looking.

post #10 of 10

Ok rode the Sick Days in last weeks east coast storm "Vulcan"(Really???)................... me 215 lbs 6' perpetual advanced intermediate..... esp after watching Olympic mogul team practice!........... The 110 Sickos did exactly as expected and danced through the dips and gulleys always ready to play and give me the next turn for free.......... in other words they loved to be maneuvered in whichever direction your body felt it wanted.............. super quick to turn, light and playful............. NOT a ski for heavy water-laden chop......... it's much to light and nimble for that.......... in that realm go to my other driver the Cochise......... it shines there.............

 

In tight spaces it railed, darted and danced through the pow and over the moguls............... It comfortably handled skiing backward or fwd w/ ease. It loves air and to launch off of things.......... they land solid and inspire confidence despite the light feel............. I use Marker Schizos and found this skis sweet spot to be somewhere between 1cm to 1.5 cm behind the midsole mounting point. Skiing switch I would have preferred to be centered right at midsole for a bit more control................ More later ............gotta get  back to work...........

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion