Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best option for late march / early april on the East? Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:47am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- New England Gathering 2014 Trip Report Last post on 3/31/14 at 10:03am in Trip Reports
- 2014 New England Gathering ... Momentum ... need more Bears Last post on 3/2/14 at 8:41am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Best Mountain in MAINE? Last post on 2/12/14 at 7:31am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2014 New England Gathering -- date poll? Last post on 11/17/13 at 3:45pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Saddleback, Maine: An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/1/14
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
- Skiing Maine on a BudgetLast edited: 5/28/13
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
New England Gathering 2014 Stokepost #1 of 152/14/14 at 9:13amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 152/19/14 at 5:44pmpost #3 of 152/27/14 at 4:07pmThread Starter
Here are a couple snapshots and a very short video clip from last weekend at Saddleback, to get you psyched for checking it out in person.
Note the upper mountain trails in the near backgroundpost #4 of 152/27/14 at 8:15pmpost #5 of 153/6/14 at 5:41pm
Seems like decent chances of snow next week. Certainly no big spring meltdown between now and The Gathering:
Sugarloaf Mountain, ME
LOCAL WEATHERPROVIDED BY iMap
Day Forecast Description Precip Chance
Day: Sunny. High 23F. Winds NW at 9 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:3
Night: Clear. Low 0F. Winds W at 8 mph.
Day: Sunny. High 27F. Winds SW at 14 mph. Air Quality:Moderate, UV Index:4
Night: Partly Cloudy. Low 11F. Winds SW at 6 mph.
Mostly Cloudy. High 32F. Winds NW at 9 mph. Air Quality:Moderate, UV Index:3
Snow Showers. High 21F and low 5F. Winds NW at 13 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:3
Snow Showers. High 26F and low 14F. Winds W at 9 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Snow Showers. High 27F and low 3F. Winds W at 10 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Snow Showers. High 17F and low -7F. Winds NW at 11 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Partly Cloudy. High -4F and low -7F. Winds NW at 7 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Partly Cloudy. High 3F and low 2F. Winds NW at 4 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Partly Cloudy. High 22F and low 12F. Winds S at 14 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%post #6 of 153/6/14 at 7:42pmThread Starterpost #7 of 153/6/14 at 8:54pmpost #8 of 153/7/14 at 3:03am
I would like to point out that Spring does not officially begin until March 20th, three days after the Gathering ends.
Dress warm and remember that the forecast in New England is for humor purposes only.post #9 of 153/10/14 at 5:23pm
I'm getting FIRED-UP! Rossi Smash says serious dump coming to the northeast:
post #10 of 153/10/14 at 7:32pmThread Starter
Update on start time: About 8 AM Wednesday. Heavy stuff starts midday. Looks like the best storm of the season !!
20-30 INCHER ON THE WAY !!!
I had noticed that. Have not been saying anything because A) I've been skiing in Vermont and too busy burning up the legs to do any virtual skiing here, and B) I'm superstitious. But it is looking encouraging at the moment.post #11 of 153/11/14 at 6:10amThread Starter
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAY ME 329 AM EDT TUE MAR 11 2014 ...WINTER STORM TO BRING HEAVY SNOW TO THE MOUNTAINS AND FOOTHILLS WITH A MIXED BAG OF PRECIPITATION TO THE SOUTH... .LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE UP THE NORTHEAST COAST WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY. HEAVY SNOW WILL SPREAD ACROSS NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND TO THE NORTH OF THIS LOW. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED IN THE MOUNTAINS. A MIX OF SNOW...SLEET...AND RAIN IS EXPECTED FURTHER SOUTH...WITH FREEZING RAIN POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY NIGHT BEFORE CHANGING BACK TO SNOW LATE. MEZ007>009-012>014-NHZ001>005-112000- /O.UPG.KGYX.WS.A.0007.140312T1200Z-140313T1600Z/ /O.NEW.KGYX.WS.W.0008.140312T1200Z-140313T1600Z/ NORTHERN OXFORD-NORTHERN FRANKLIN-CENTRAL SOMERSET- SOUTHERN OXFORD-SOUTHERN FRANKLIN-SOUTHERN SOMERSET-NORTHERN COOS- SOUTHERN COOS-NORTHERN GRAFTON-NORTHERN CARROLL-SOUTHERN GRAFTON- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ANDOVER...ROXBURY...UPTON... WILSONS MILLS...COBURN GORE...RANGELEY...KINGFIELD...BINGHAM... JACKMAN...RUMFORD...NORWAY...FRYEBURG...OXFORD...FARMINGTON... WILTON...MADISON...SKOWHEGAN...PITTSFIELD...COLEBROOK...BERLIN... LANCASTER...LITTLETON...NORTH CONWAY...LEBANON...HANOVER... PLYMOUTH 329 AM EDT TUE MAR 11 2014 ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM WEDNESDAY TO NOON EDT THURSDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM WEDNESDAY TO NOON EDT THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW. * ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 20 INCHES...WITH A BIT OF SLEET MIXED IN. * TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN DURING THE MORNING ON WEDNESDAY AND BECOME HEAVY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. LIGHTER SNOW WILL LINGER INTO THURSDAY BEFORE ENDING.post #12 of 153/11/14 at 7:39ampost #13 of 153/11/14 at 7:42ampost #14 of 153/12/14 at 6:20am
Today Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 27. North wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Tonight Snow. Low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -18. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 35 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.
Thursday Snow, mainly before 5pm. High near 3. Wind chill values as low as -22. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Now my math is not so strong, but even I can do 8 + 17 + 5 = possible 30" of goodness waiting for you guys on Friday! This is for you while this is me cursing my suburban Mon-Fri 9-5 life (and lack of crystal ball to see this one coming...)
Go get it and leave a few scraps for the rest of us on Saturday!..post #15 of 153/12/14 at 6:33amThread Starter
Very high likelihood that most of Saddleback and Sugarloaf will be on wind hold all day Thursday, given that forecast. Therefore good possibility of fairly virgin cover Friday, if this all pans out. Everyone pray the winds die down sufficiently by then to run the lifts.Return HomeBack to Forum: New England Gathering 2014 - Saddleback & Sugarloaf
- New England Gathering 2014 Stoke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Saddleback, Maine: An Unofficial Guide
- › Western Gathering 2017 Trip Report - Whistler Blackcomb 13 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 52 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 59 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Before and after 3 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 4 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview