Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best option for late march / early april on the East? Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:47am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- New England Gathering 2014 Trip Report Last post on 3/31/14 at 10:03am in Trip Reports
- 2014 New England Gathering ... Momentum ... need more Bears Last post on 3/2/14 at 8:41am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Best Mountain in MAINE? Last post on 2/12/14 at 7:31am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2014 New England Gathering -- date poll? Last post on 11/17/13 at 3:45pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Saddleback, Maine: An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/1/14
- Great Glades Almighty!Last edited: 5/28/13
- Skiing Maine on a BudgetLast edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
New England Gathering 2014 Stokepost #1 of 152/14/14 at 9:13amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 152/19/14 at 5:44pmpost #3 of 152/27/14 at 4:07pmThread Starter
Here are a couple snapshots and a very short video clip from last weekend at Saddleback, to get you psyched for checking it out in person.
Note the upper mountain trails in the near backgroundpost #4 of 152/27/14 at 8:15pmpost #5 of 153/6/14 at 5:41pm
Seems like decent chances of snow next week. Certainly no big spring meltdown between now and The Gathering:
Sugarloaf Mountain, ME
LOCAL WEATHERPROVIDED BY iMap
Day Forecast Description Precip Chance
Day: Sunny. High 23F. Winds NW at 9 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:3
Night: Clear. Low 0F. Winds W at 8 mph.
Day: Sunny. High 27F. Winds SW at 14 mph. Air Quality:Moderate, UV Index:4
Night: Partly Cloudy. Low 11F. Winds SW at 6 mph.
Mostly Cloudy. High 32F. Winds NW at 9 mph. Air Quality:Moderate, UV Index:3
Snow Showers. High 21F and low 5F. Winds NW at 13 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:3
Snow Showers. High 26F and low 14F. Winds W at 9 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Snow Showers. High 27F and low 3F. Winds W at 10 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Snow Showers. High 17F and low -7F. Winds NW at 11 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Partly Cloudy. High -4F and low -7F. Winds NW at 7 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Partly Cloudy. High 3F and low 2F. Winds NW at 4 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
Partly Cloudy. High 22F and low 12F. Winds S at 14 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%post #6 of 153/6/14 at 7:42pmThread Starterpost #7 of 153/6/14 at 8:54pmpost #8 of 153/7/14 at 3:03am
I would like to point out that Spring does not officially begin until March 20th, three days after the Gathering ends.
Dress warm and remember that the forecast in New England is for humor purposes only.post #9 of 153/10/14 at 5:23pm
I'm getting FIRED-UP! Rossi Smash says serious dump coming to the northeast:
post #10 of 153/10/14 at 7:32pmThread Starter
Update on start time: About 8 AM Wednesday. Heavy stuff starts midday. Looks like the best storm of the season !!
20-30 INCHER ON THE WAY !!!
I had noticed that. Have not been saying anything because A) I've been skiing in Vermont and too busy burning up the legs to do any virtual skiing here, and B) I'm superstitious. But it is looking encouraging at the moment.post #11 of 153/11/14 at 6:10amThread Starter
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAY ME 329 AM EDT TUE MAR 11 2014 ...WINTER STORM TO BRING HEAVY SNOW TO THE MOUNTAINS AND FOOTHILLS WITH A MIXED BAG OF PRECIPITATION TO THE SOUTH... .LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE UP THE NORTHEAST COAST WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY. HEAVY SNOW WILL SPREAD ACROSS NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND TO THE NORTH OF THIS LOW. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED IN THE MOUNTAINS. A MIX OF SNOW...SLEET...AND RAIN IS EXPECTED FURTHER SOUTH...WITH FREEZING RAIN POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY NIGHT BEFORE CHANGING BACK TO SNOW LATE. MEZ007>009-012>014-NHZ001>005-112000- /O.UPG.KGYX.WS.A.0007.140312T1200Z-140313T1600Z/ /O.NEW.KGYX.WS.W.0008.140312T1200Z-140313T1600Z/ NORTHERN OXFORD-NORTHERN FRANKLIN-CENTRAL SOMERSET- SOUTHERN OXFORD-SOUTHERN FRANKLIN-SOUTHERN SOMERSET-NORTHERN COOS- SOUTHERN COOS-NORTHERN GRAFTON-NORTHERN CARROLL-SOUTHERN GRAFTON- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ANDOVER...ROXBURY...UPTON... WILSONS MILLS...COBURN GORE...RANGELEY...KINGFIELD...BINGHAM... JACKMAN...RUMFORD...NORWAY...FRYEBURG...OXFORD...FARMINGTON... WILTON...MADISON...SKOWHEGAN...PITTSFIELD...COLEBROOK...BERLIN... LANCASTER...LITTLETON...NORTH CONWAY...LEBANON...HANOVER... PLYMOUTH 329 AM EDT TUE MAR 11 2014 ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM WEDNESDAY TO NOON EDT THURSDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM WEDNESDAY TO NOON EDT THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW. * ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 20 INCHES...WITH A BIT OF SLEET MIXED IN. * TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN DURING THE MORNING ON WEDNESDAY AND BECOME HEAVY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. LIGHTER SNOW WILL LINGER INTO THURSDAY BEFORE ENDING.post #12 of 153/11/14 at 7:39ampost #13 of 153/11/14 at 7:42ampost #14 of 153/12/14 at 6:20am
Today Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 27. North wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Tonight Snow. Low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -18. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 35 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.
Thursday Snow, mainly before 5pm. High near 3. Wind chill values as low as -22. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Now my math is not so strong, but even I can do 8 + 17 + 5 = possible 30" of goodness waiting for you guys on Friday! This is for you while this is me cursing my suburban Mon-Fri 9-5 life (and lack of crystal ball to see this one coming...)
Go get it and leave a few scraps for the rest of us on Saturday!..post #15 of 153/12/14 at 6:33amThread Starter
Very high likelihood that most of Saddleback and Sugarloaf will be on wind hold all day Thursday, given that forecast. Therefore good possibility of fairly virgin cover Friday, if this all pans out. Everyone pray the winds die down sufficiently by then to run the lifts.Return HomeBack to Forum: New England Gathering 2014 - Saddleback & Sugarloaf
- New England Gathering 2014 Stoke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Saddleback, Maine: An Unofficial Guide
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Saving boots for another kid 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Rossignol Soul 7 length? 6', 155 lbs. Trees. 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer