- 90 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Location: Va. Beach
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemAltatagged by marznc, 2/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Rent vs Old Equipment Last post on 10/13/16 at 7:23pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Utah in February with family...confused where to go!?!? Last post on 9/24/16 at 2:59pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on Today at 8:16 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Alta, Deer Valley, or Snowbird? [early season family trip, beginner/intermediate] Last post on 7/18/16 at 2:22pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
- Alta - An Unofficial Guide
Instruction at Alta
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This thread was moved from the snowboarding forum because, well - how do I put this gently? Ah, we don't talk about ski instruction in the snowboarding forum.
Scott Mathers would be a good choice if you could book him.
Check out this related thread:
Arthur Haskell is a Level III instructor who was recommended to me by my local ski shop owner. Art spends the winters at Alta, but is a resident of NC. Based on my experience in recent years with several Level III instructors is assorted places, having a lesson from a Level III instructor is well worth the time and money at any ability level.
He can steer you in the right direction. He's one of their trainers and a former demo team member. Great guy, fun to ski with. I try to look him up when ever I'm in Alta.
- Instruction at Alta
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 9 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 11 minutes ago
- › Ok-Anyone ever done this run at Two Smokes CO-I have always had an... 15 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 22 minutes ago
- › Deciding between staying in Alta or Park City area - Family Trip 37 minutes ago
- › Intuition liners to replace my Hotronics? 39 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Recommend a pow ski that's actually good in chopped up snow??? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Hot Gear Bag? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Michigan Forgotten Ski Areas 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis