- 90 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Location: Va. Beach
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemAltatagged by marznc, 2/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Rent vs Old Equipment Last post on 10/13/16 at 7:23pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Utah in February with family...confused where to go!?!? Last post on 9/24/16 at 2:59pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on 10/20/16 at 4:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Alta, Deer Valley, or Snowbird? [early season family trip, beginner/intermediate] Last post on 7/18/16 at 2:22pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Alta - An Unofficial Guide
Instruction at Alta
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This thread was moved from the snowboarding forum because, well - how do I put this gently? Ah, we don't talk about ski instruction in the snowboarding forum.
Scott Mathers would be a good choice if you could book him.
Check out this related thread:
Arthur Haskell is a Level III instructor who was recommended to me by my local ski shop owner. Art spends the winters at Alta, but is a resident of NC. Based on my experience in recent years with several Level III instructors is assorted places, having a lesson from a Level III instructor is well worth the time and money at any ability level.
He can steer you in the right direction. He's one of their trainers and a former demo team member. Great guy, fun to ski with. I try to look him up when ever I'm in Alta.
- Instruction at Alta
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 16 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 31 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 36 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 1 hour ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer