First with the basics.
1. Where in the world are you skiing?
- In Midwest mainly, with one week long trip every year to UT/CO. Snowing is random. This year, plenty of fresh snow while last couple of years ... pretty much 90% Artificial snow
2.What kinds of terrain do you prefer (groomed runs, moguls, race course, park'n'pipe, trees, steeps, backcountry/sidecountry)
- Want to master moguls and trees since there is nothing else difficult in Indiana. Even Blackdiamons are like blues in UT/CO.
- Learning jumps so park'n'pipe
3.How many days a year do you ski?
- About 15 days
4.How advanced are you as a skier?
- Adv. Intermediate, Level 7 I think.
5.What's your height and weight?
- 6'1, 195 lbs.
So my main focus is going to be mastering moguls/tress and advance in park and then also usuall All-Mountain thing. I have plans to find a good bootfitter soon and get the right shoe, so thats taken care, plan wise.So coming to my only ski that I am going to buy for next couple of years........ I think I am narrowing down towards. (175-180L, 85-90W)
- Bramha (Demo'ed this at PCMR and absolutely loved it. But then this is only ski I have tried out other than garbage rental)
- Nordica Steadfast
- Elan Prophet 90
- Volk Kendo
- Blizzard Magnum 8.5 Ti (????, getting a good deal on this)
- Rossignol E88
- K2 Recoil (Getting them very cheap, like $150 brand new)
- Any version of Dynastar Sultan 85? Not sure on this but saw lots of praise for this one.
Please consider the fact that I absolutely cant demo any of these here. I need to wait till Dec and head west to Demo again. But by that time prices would have gone up.
Would you guys offer any recommendation along this line... the skis which are similar to the ones I mentioned above?
- I am ok buying an old used ski for an year or two and then advance to more expensive.
- I am finding an amazing deal on Brand new 2014 Blizzard 8.5 with bindings. So considering it.
Edited by Jay Kavathe - 2/12/14 at 7:35am