or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blizzard 2015 Lineup? - Page 6

post #151 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

 

I skied them down at Mammoth. They were great down the wipeout chutes but a little too damp for my taste on the groomers back in due too the lack errr minimal camber. But I really like the off piste performance in the Mammoth wind buff. 

Any noticeable difference in flex? Looks like the minimal camber helped a bit, but I'm more interested in hearing about the overall flex compared to previous years.

 

One weird thing, the European catalog still say full rocker for the cochise! Really strange how blizzard is handling those changes in the cochise!

post #152 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
 

Any noticeable difference in flex? Looks like the minimal camber helped a bit, but I'm more interested in hearing about the overall flex compared to previous years.

 

One weird thing, the European catalog still say full rocker for the cochise! Really strange how blizzard is handling those changes in the cochise!

It was a more subtle feel with an easier entry of the turn without loss of the upper end. As far as the "camber" is is minimal…very minimal. 

post #153 of 165

^^^ thank you sir!

post #154 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopar13 View Post
 

The new graphics are pretty boring…Blizzard bringing it's all/big mountain boards into line with other brands' boring looks.  The "bull" line graphics were heading in a progressively cool direction, but now….bla!

 

I vastly prefer the new understated designs.

post #155 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezed View Post
 

 

I vastly prefer the new understated designs.

Me too. The local shop has a Brahma and I really like the new graphics, kinda matte color, I really couldn't care less for glossy top sheets! I'm assuming all of them are that same matte color design! Not sure if I'd call boring, but they are more subtle indeed!

post #156 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezed View Post
 

 

I vastly prefer the new understated designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
 

Me too. The local shop has a Brahma and I really like the new graphics, kinda matte color, I really couldn't care less for glossy top sheets! I'm assuming all of them are that same matte color design! Not sure if I'd call boring, but they are more subtle indeed!

   Ditto. So much easier on the eyes! 

post #157 of 165

Just saw what appeared to be a pro free skiing at Snowbird today on some Blizzards. They were labeled 198 cm "carbon flipcore" and had the dimensions on them, but all I got was 125 mm waist and 148mm tips.  They had large lettering on the backs. One said "Bazillion" and the other "Sour."  I do not believe they are in next year's Blizzard lineup.  Does anyone know what they are?

post #158 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfoot View Post
 

Just saw what appeared to be a pro free skiing at Snowbird today on some Blizzards. They were labeled 198 cm "carbon flipcore" and had the dimensions on them, but all I got was 125 mm waist and 148mm tips.  They had large lettering on the backs. One said "Bazillion" and the other "Sour."  I do not believe they are in next year's Blizzard lineup.  Does anyone know what they are?

The Spur. 250 produced for this coming season. 

post #159 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfoot View Post
 

Just saw what appeared to be a pro free skiing at Snowbird today on some Blizzards. They were labeled 198 cm "carbon flipcore" and had the dimensions on them, but all I got was 125 mm waist and 148mm tips.  They had large lettering on the backs. One said "Bazillion" and the other "Sour."  I do not believe they are in next year's Blizzard lineup.  Does anyone know what they are?

 

 

they are 189cm at least thats the only pair I have seen floating around snowbird the past couple days.

post #160 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Matta View Post
 

 

 

they are 189cm at least thats the only pair I have seen floating around snowbird the past couple days.

 

 

those skis are owned Ben Wheeler and they are indeed 189cm. Phil what size are going to be avaliable next year? Ben was not quite sure....

post #161 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Matta View Post
 

 

 

those skis are owned Ben Wheeler and they are indeed 189cm. Phil what size are going to be avaliable next year? Ben was not quite sure....

 

One size only...............189 is it.

 

SJ

post #162 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJim View Post
 

 

One size only...............189 is it.

 

SJ


I could have sworn they said 198 cm.  I must be getting dyslexic in my old age.

post #163 of 165

Blizzard Cochise - is there that much difference in the 2014/2015 (minimal camber/tad softer)?  ie. does it still ski like the "old" version? (which is pretty good) or is it $350 better?  I guess my question is: are the changes "noticeable" or just "marketing".  Devil you know vs. ....................

post #164 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
 

Blizzard Cochise - is there that much difference in the 2014/2015 (minimal camber/tad softer)?  ie. does it still ski like the "old" version? (which is pretty good) or is it $350 better?  I guess my question is: are the changes "noticeable" or just "marketing".  Devil you know vs. ....................

It isn't $350 better. If you can find a pair now..grab them. 

post #165 of 165

^thanks Phil

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion