- 2 Posts. Joined 1/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on Yesterday at 9:39 am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2015-16 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, west PA; plus SC, GA, TN, AL, FL) Last post on 9/10/16 at 1:25pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- The 2014-15 thread for NC, VA, SC, GA, WV, etc.. Last post on 9/8/15 at 7:32pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Best value Mid-Atlantic resort? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:40pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Snowmaking -- SE Skiing Last post on 11/20/16 at 6:52pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to LearnLast edited: 3/8/14
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
- Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to Learn
Beginner Skier! [southeast]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just started skiing last year, and I only got to go once (Wintergreen). I'm going to Snowshoe this weekend and I'm going to college at Appalachian State next year to be able to ski at App Mountain. Can anyone recommend some good places to learn to ski near or in NC? I'm super excited to get better at it!
Welcome to EpicSki! I moved your thread over to the Beginner Zone.
When you are at Snowshoe, be sure to go over to Silver Creek. A lot less crowded. Plus there is night skiing there. If you aren't staying over there, the shuttle bus works quite well. You will get the most out of the experience if you sign up for a least one group lesson. There is probably a good beginner package available.
Here is the thread that includes NC:
Besides App, the other ski areas close to Boone are Sugar and Beech. Most students end up skiing at night at App. The price is right and it's a great place to learn. The ski school is excellent.
- Beginner Skier! [southeast]
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 19 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 35 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 56 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 7 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 9 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 9 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 11 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › My final thank you, good by and farewell VIDEO @ EpicSki - please... 14 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review