- 2 Posts. Joined 1/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on 3/23/17 at 3:59pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2015-16 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, west PA; plus SC, GA, TN, AL, FL) Last post on 9/10/16 at 1:25pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- The 2014-15 thread for NC, VA, SC, GA, WV, etc.. Last post on 9/8/15 at 7:32pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Best value Mid-Atlantic resort? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:40pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Snowmaking -- SE Skiing Last post on 11/20/16 at 6:52pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to LearnLast edited: 3/8/14
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to Learn
Beginner Skier! [southeast]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just started skiing last year, and I only got to go once (Wintergreen). I'm going to Snowshoe this weekend and I'm going to college at Appalachian State next year to be able to ski at App Mountain. Can anyone recommend some good places to learn to ski near or in NC? I'm super excited to get better at it!
Welcome to EpicSki! I moved your thread over to the Beginner Zone.
When you are at Snowshoe, be sure to go over to Silver Creek. A lot less crowded. Plus there is night skiing there. If you aren't staying over there, the shuttle bus works quite well. You will get the most out of the experience if you sign up for a least one group lesson. There is probably a good beginner package available.
Here is the thread that includes NC:
Besides App, the other ski areas close to Boone are Sugar and Beech. Most students end up skiing at night at App. The price is right and it's a great place to learn. The ski school is excellent.
- Beginner Skier! [southeast]
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 3 minutes ago
- › Tips for keeping your tips up? 10 minutes ago
- › old skis 15 minutes ago
- › MA this intermediate(ish) senior skier 33 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 54 minutes ago
- › MA my bump skiing 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › I Can't ski powder? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › how to get into tree skiing 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Best name for a run... 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview