- 2 Posts. Joined 1/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on 11/26/16 at 8:07am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2015-16 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, west PA; plus SC, GA, TN, AL, FL) Last post on 9/10/16 at 1:25pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- The 2014-15 thread for NC, VA, SC, GA, WV, etc.. Last post on 9/8/15 at 7:32pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Best value Mid-Atlantic resort? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:40pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Snowmaking -- SE Skiing Last post on 11/20/16 at 6:52pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to LearnLast edited: 3/8/14
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
- Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to Learn
Beginner Skier! [southeast]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just started skiing last year, and I only got to go once (Wintergreen). I'm going to Snowshoe this weekend and I'm going to college at Appalachian State next year to be able to ski at App Mountain. Can anyone recommend some good places to learn to ski near or in NC? I'm super excited to get better at it!
Welcome to EpicSki! I moved your thread over to the Beginner Zone.
When you are at Snowshoe, be sure to go over to Silver Creek. A lot less crowded. Plus there is night skiing there. If you aren't staying over there, the shuttle bus works quite well. You will get the most out of the experience if you sign up for a least one group lesson. There is probably a good beginner package available.
Here is the thread that includes NC:
Besides App, the other ski areas close to Boone are Sugar and Beech. Most students end up skiing at night at App. The price is right and it's a great place to learn. The ski school is excellent.
- Beginner Skier! [southeast]
- › Whistler sure...Off to a great opening. 3 minutes ago
- › Wandering ski tips 8 minutes ago
- › No matter what I can't far enough forward-how do I fix this 16 minutes ago
- › Winter tires - which model to choose ? 18 minutes ago
- › Colorado Dec 16-23.. Time to change plans ?? 19 minutes ago
- › feet / neutral 21 minutes ago
- › Ok-Anyone ever done this run at Two Smokes CO-I have always had an... 24 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 26 minutes ago
- › Any feedback on Fischer's The CURV? 27 minutes ago
- › In what conditions is it permissible to lift the inner ski without... 38 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis