or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do the conditions stink?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

Sack up Nancie's, skiing is fun, go get some. This vid* is awesome: 

 

http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/not-powder-skiing-its-sht-fck-skiing-%7C-likebomb-skiing-ep-1/269617#

 

*There are a few cuss words, so if you are offended by swedes saying 4 letter words maybe watch with the sound off.

post #2 of 23
Truly nuts.

Fortunately don't have those conditions here. :-D
post #3 of 23

That is so much more impressive than watching those guys rip in perfect snow.  

 

Wonder what they have their bindings set at?  Infinity?

post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
 

That is so much more impressive than watching those guys rip in perfect snow.  

 

Wonder what they have their bindings set at?  Infinity?

apparently '21' on a Marker comp 30... which is about '8'. (I kid, 21 is frighteningly high on any binding).

post #5 of 23

Fat ski manufacturers are looking at that going 'awww crap!'

post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
 

That is so much more impressive than watching those guys rip in perfect snow.  

 

So true. 

 

But it made my knees hurt, just watching. Going to go ice now.

post #7 of 23
Wow.
post #8 of 23

Ouch, my quads are sore just from watching.  Great video though.

post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abox View Post
 

Fat ski manufacturers are looking at that going 'awww crap!'


He was on a 108 waist ski.

post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecimmortal View Post
 


He was on a 108 waist ski.

 

 

Heck, I could do that on 108s if I was that young, strong ...... and crazy.  ;)

post #11 of 23

I think you want a fatter ski in that stuff. Its still 3d snow in spots just 3d snow that is really hard. 

post #12 of 23

Those are very good conditions, just a little light cover in spots. 

I went skiing in the rain yesterday, also good condtions; at the beginning of the day snow was very fast, lilkely from the freezing rain we had earlier overnight and dispite the reain we had following the freezing rain, there was still snow patches 1'+ deep in the glades (though very few and not connected), so I got to practice deeper snow turns in trees while avoiding rocks, and later in the day I got to practice adjusting to the sudden drag produced by the sections of glue-like gloop.   I also got to practice skiing without seeng bumps too well in the fog through rain covered goggles.  Too bad I didn't have fully waterproof clothing.   Today's conditions will be good too, due to the flash freeze; I will get to practice downhill skating on SL skis.

post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
 

Those are very good conditions, just a little light cover in spots. 

I went skiing in the rain yesterday, also good condtions; at the beginning of the day snow was very fast, lilkely from the freezing rain we had earlier overnight and dispite the reain we had following the freezing rain, there was still snow patches 1'+ deep in the glades (though very few and not connected), so I got to practice deeper snow turns in trees while avoiding rocks, and later in the day I got to practice adjusting to the sudden drag produced by the sections of glue-like gloop.   I also got to practice skiing without seeng bumps too well in the fog through rain covered goggles.  Too bad I didn't have fully waterproof clothing.   Today's conditions will be good too, due to the flash freeze; I will get to practice downhill skating on SL skis.


sounds like you got some sh$t fck skiing of your own up there!

post #14 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbowler View Post
 


sounds like you got some sh$t fck skiing of your own up there!


Get Video!!!

post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbowler View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
 

Those are very good conditions, just a little light cover in spots. 

I went skiing in the rain yesterday, also good condtions; at the beginning of the day snow was very fast, lilkely from the freezing rain we had earlier overnight and dispite the reain we had following the freezing rain, there was still snow patches 1'+ deep in the glades (though very few and not connected), so I got to practice deeper snow turns in trees while avoiding rocks, and later in the day I got to practice adjusting to the sudden drag produced by the sections of glue-like gloop.   I also got to practice skiing without seeng bumps too well in the fog through rain covered goggles.  Too bad I didn't have fully waterproof clothing.   Today's conditions will be good too, due to the flash freeze; I will get to practice downhill skating on SL skis.


sounds like you got some sh$t fck skiing of your own up there!


Today was not sh$t fck conditions at all :).  They were able to groom, so it was fresh frozen cordoroy, with the underlying snow having the consistency of water injected race course, and I have a good pair of carving skis.  Perfect for a carving fiend like me!   Sometimes you get lucky.   :yahoo: 


Edited by Ghost - 1/12/14 at 3:41pm
post #16 of 23

I think one of my fillings rattled out watching that video:eek

post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
 

Sack up Nancie's, skiing is fun, go get some. This vid* is awesome: 

 

http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/not-powder-skiing-its-sht-fck-skiing-%7C-likebomb-skiing-ep-1/269617#

 

*There are a few cuss words, so if you are offended by swedes saying 4 letter words maybe watch with the sound off.

Wow, I would have been snapped in half at least a dozen times over if I tried anything like that.

post #18 of 23

Wow, just wow!

post #19 of 23
One of the BEST ski flicks evar!

Truly, truly, truly impressive.

Thanks for the link, Whiteroom.
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Matta View Post
 

I think you want a fatter ski in that stuff. Its still 3d snow in spots just 3d snow that is really hard.

 

... and a wider ski is going to be a lot more stable platform to launch off cliffs or run across snow-dusted rock fields.

 

Fatter skis have good attributes even on hard snow.

post #21 of 23

Core shot the video, i see.  :D

post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
 

Sack up Nancie's, skiing is fun, go get some. This vid* is awesome: 

 

http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/not-powder-skiing-its-sht-fck-skiing-%7C-likebomb-skiing-ep-1/269617#

 

*There are a few cuss words, so if you are offended by swedes saying 4 letter words maybe watch with the sound off.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbiebug View Post
 

Core shot the video, i see.  :D

Now thats funny!

post #23 of 23

What wax would one use for such skiing?

Wax rhapsodic, I suspect.

D1

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion