Skiing about 20 years. Last years I found myself moving more and more offpiste. But anyway it is just 50/50%.
Ski I had:
- Volkl 5* - I think it was very good skis: fast and very good grip on ice, but not good on bumps and offpiste.
- Head monster IM 78 liquidmetal - very good on powder, but I did not try them on ice.
- Head i.supershape titan - worst ski in my life. They are too soft, bad in every conditions, does not hold on ice at all, just to small turns on prepared snow.
- Salomon BBR - it is something strange, I would not say they are good, on ice on bumps they are really bad.
- Salomon X-Wings something with TI - something in the middle, but not for offpiste.
- Nordica Fire-Arrow 80 - best wki in my life: I did not try them on ice, but every other is super, slower than volkl on turning from side to side. but graphics on these skis :(
- Dynastar Legend 80 - also not bad, like nordica, but Nordica was better because small radius.
So now I looking for something for this season vacation.
I am looking at ebay, that it why I prefer old years.
I would like, so simple :) skis for every conditionsI
- Ice grip is important
- and 80mm+ wide to offpiste.
- I like bumps also.
- Small radius is prefferable.
- Sometime During good conditions I would like to put a lot o pressure and I would like to feel output from the skis.
My short list, without any sorting:
- Nordica FireArrow 80
- Volkl AC50
- Scott Crusade
- Kastle MX88
- K2 AfterShock
Could you please recommend something else?
Maybe Atomic Blackeye Ti - but how are they on the ice?