or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear › WTB and PSA for Gear › WTB or trade: Solomon 747E for my Solomon 977E
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTB or trade: Solomon 747E for my Solomon 977E

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I need a little help. I have 2 pair of skis that had blown up 647's on them so I need something that will fit what is drilled already. I would prefer some 747 equipe's that are in good working order. I have a pair of good working 977 eqiupe's that I am happy to trade since the Fischer DH's delaminated at the tips. Please post a picture of what you are willing to trade, my pic is below. I'll throw in the Derby plates too if you want, but it may take some doing getting them off the skis.

 

post #2 of 15

All I have is some 14-20 747's that I am unwilling to give up. I saw someone on the hill the other day with some 747's mounted on some relatively new Stockli Stornriders. I was shocked. 

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 

Thanks Phil, I wouldn't give those up either, and I definitely don't need that high a DIN binding. These days I'm more in the 8-11 range depending on how old I'm feeling on that particular day. :)

post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

All I have is some 14-20 747's that I am unwilling to give up. I saw someone on the hill the other day with some 747's mounted on some relatively new Stockli Stornriders. I was shocked. 

 

I do have a pile of bindings that I am not going to use and most likely chuck soon unless someone wants them. You can have first crack at them.

 

Solomon 202

Solomon 857

Solomon 977

Look GT

Tyrolia 390RD

Tyrolia 350

NOS Marker MRR lift heels white/black/pink color

 

There may be others but I can't find one of my bins

Let me know

post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell Watson View Post
 

 

I do have a pile of bindings that I am not going to use and most likely chuck soon unless someone wants them. You can have first crack at them.

 

Solomon 202

Solomon 857

Solomon 977

Look GT

Tyrolia 390RD

Tyrolia 350

NOS Marker MRR lift heels white/black/pink color

 

There may be others but I can't find one of my bins

Let me know

Dibs on the MRR"s. If you want, You can borrow my jig if you want to move those 977's over. 

post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

Dibs on the MRR"s. If you want, You can borrow my jig if you want to move those 977's over. 


The MRR's are yours. I would borrow your jig, but I think I can find one locally, if I cant I will let you know. Full disclosure on the MRR's: i no longer have the box, and there are a few very minor scratches from being moved for the last umpteen years. Send me an address and I will drop them in the mail. 

 

Another thing I am looking for are wide brakes for the 977's. I was going to mount a second pair I have on my Bomber Stealth skis, but the brakes aren't quite wide enough. What are the odds of finding those? Also, what are the odds I can heat up the brakes and re bend them in a wider position? I realize this might sound cheap, but I just can't afford new bindings at $250++ right now. Other option is to find some used bindings that will straddle a 77mm ski in the approximate area where they go. Do you happen to have anything used that might work?

 

Keep me posted

post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell Watson View Post
 


The MRR's are yours. I would borrow your jig, but I think I can find one locally, if I cant I will let you know. Full disclosure on the MRR's: i no longer have the box, and there are a few very minor scratches from being moved for the last umpteen years. Send me an address and I will drop them in the mail. 

 

Another thing I am looking for are wide brakes for the 977's. I was going to mount a second pair I have on my Bomber Stealth skis, but the brakes aren't quite wide enough. What are the odds of finding those? Also, what are the odds I can heat up the brakes and re bend them in a wider position? I realize this might sound cheap, but I just can't afford new bindings at $250++ right now. Other option is to find some used bindings that will straddle a 77mm ski in the approximate area where they go. Do you happen to have anything used that might work?

 

Keep me posted


I can help you with the brake parts you need. I have 80/90/100/115mm brakes I can send you and you can use the assemblies you currently have.

post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 


I can help you with the brake parts you need. I have 80/90/100/115mm brakes I can send you and you can use the assemblies you currently have.

That would be awesome. How much do you want for them? Also here is a pic of the MRR and the minor paint chips I was talking about. If that is ok with you I will send them. There is a picture of the full set in the for sale thread I started "70s, 80s and 90s gear for sale or trade"

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell Watson View Post
 

That would be awesome. How much do you want for them? Also here is a pic of the MRR and the minor paint chips I was talking about. If that is ok with you I will send them. There is a picture of the full set in the for sale thread I started "70s, 80s and 90s gear for sale or trade"


sounds like more than a fair trade for the MR. R's.

post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 


I can help you with the brake parts you need. I have 80/90/100/115mm brakes I can send you and you can use the assemblies you currently have.


Oh yeah, what size... the skis are 77mm where I think the brakes will be. I think that the 90mm brakes will work. I would say 80mm, but if I am off just a little I would hate to be too narrow.

post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 


sounds like more than a fair trade for the MR. R's.


Then I am definitely in. I will PM you address and stuff

post #12 of 15

I would also vote for moving the 977s instead of matching up some 7X7e's if there aren't previous mounts already i.e. too many holes already. Are these the Hexels you were asking about?  I can see the reluctance to add more holes to Hexels because they don't plug the same way. 

post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
 

I would also vote for moving the 977s instead of matching up some 7X7e's if there aren't previous mounts already i.e. too many holes already. Are these the Hexels you were asking about?  I can see the reluctance to add more holes to Hexels because they don't plug the same way. 


No, they are two different sets. However the hexcels definitely need remounting because the have pre DIN leash bindings on them and as much as I love retro gear, I love my knees more. If you have any suggestions on the plugging and mounting of them let me know. Royal said they will require epoxy when mounting and that rings a bell but if you have more info let me know. Thanks

post #14 of 15

If you are still looking, I have a pair of 977E (6-14 DIN).

post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
I forgot to take this thread down, thanks anyway.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: WTB and PSA for Gear
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear › WTB and PSA for Gear › WTB or trade: Solomon 747E for my Solomon 977E