or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › Julia Mancuso Picture of the Day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Julia Mancuso Picture of the Day - Page 6

post #151 of 179
Women can wear shorts at Wimbledon.
post #152 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post

Women can wear shorts at Wimbledon.

Thanks.  Haven't been following it as much as I used to.  Glad that changed.  Can men wear skirts?:newkeyboard:

post #153 of 179
I think women could always wear shorts? They have been cracking down on the all-white rule lately, though.
post #154 of 179
Martina. Nuff said.
post #155 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcanoe View Post

Martina. Nuff said.


Skirt in 1989..


Shorts in 1991

 

 

Doesn't prove what was required though..

post #156 of 179
My point is that Martina knew (and knows) how to represent herself in a light that reflected well on her sport and on humanity, with exactly the right amount and kind of emphasis on gender.
post #157 of 179

what light would that be?

and how did she do that? I am not familiar with her

post #158 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidFeet View Post
 

Why does this woman athlete post pictures like this?

 

 

Maybe she likes attention. There are quite a few of those, male and female, who love to publicly post selfies all over the internet, presumably seeking approval from their "followers"

post #159 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcanoe View Post

My point is that Martina knew (and knows) how to represent herself in a light that reflected well on her sport and on humanity, with exactly the right amount and kind of emphasis on gender.

Not sure I'd fully agree. Martina was a class act. But her coach, Dr. Rene Richards sure was a piece of work.
post #160 of 179
 
Originally Posted by ohioskier View Post

 
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post
 

confirms that speed skiers need to have big balls.....:)

 

GPOAT!!   Thumbs UpThumbs Up 

post #161 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post


Skirt in 1989..




Shorts in 1991




Doesn't prove what was required though..

I really don't think there was a restriction on shorts for women. Helen Jacobs wore them in 1933, which was a break with tradition but not rules.
post #162 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post


I really don't think there was a restriction on shorts for women. Helen Jacobs wore them in 1933, which was a break with tradition but not rules.


This appears to be correct..

 

Quote:
 "What is the dress code for The Championships?" with this redundant answer: "Players' dress is predominantly white ('almost entirely white')." No mention of skirts. Similarly, the Women's Tennis Association, which organizes the premier women's international tour, forbids sweat shirts, sweat pants, T-shirts, jeans, and cut-offs during matches, but doesn't mention skirts.
 
post #163 of 179

Jumped in here expecting a new pic of Julia, but instead see pics of Martina?!?!  :eek  So wrong on so many levels.

 

PLEASE back to our regularly scheduled programming???

post #164 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerbob View Post
 

Jumped in here expecting a new pic of Julia, but instead see pics of Martina?!?!  :eek  So wrong on so many levels.

 

PLEASE back to our regularly scheduled programming???


My bad. :o I lose my thread access for a week but will leave this on the way out..

 

post #165 of 179

I was slightly traumatized from those Martina pics, but all is well again. :D

post #166 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post
 


My bad. :o I lose my thread access for a week but will leave this on the way out..

 

 

Obviously a good choice in Ski Pants - Oh you were looking at what kind of ski's she is carrying - Yeah Sure !!!!!

post #167 of 179

When is playboy going to get her to pose?

post #168 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioskier View Post
 

When is playboy going to get her to pose?

Martina????

post #169 of 179

post #170 of 179
post #171 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lee View Post
 

Whoa, here's some that're a little different:

https://www.facebook.com/JuliaMancusoUSA/photos/a.10151613204437693.1073741826.131459577692/10152740900657693/


WOA .  Glad she is ok.  Reef crashes can be nasty.  Not only the crash and injury itself but all the *stuff* that can come with it.

post #172 of 179

That looks brutal.  She is one bad ass girl! 

post #173 of 179

By living a life one becomes a champion.

post #174 of 179

This picture with Julia in the foreground and Hannah Teter in background was posted by Tahoe Quarterly on Facebook.

 

post #175 of 179

 

Lotta good vids here too...

 

https://www.youtube.com/user/JuliaMancusoUSA/videos

post #176 of 179

Granite Chief posted a shot of her when she stopped by to get her boots dialed.  Back in Lange!

She is a Tahoe girl. Thumbs Up

 

post #177 of 179

 

 

Published on Sep 16, 2015

The adventure continues as I explore the best things to do at Ski Portillo, in the heart of the Andes. special thanks to www.skiportillo.com

post #178 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
 

Granite Chief posted a shot of her when she stopped by to get her boots dialed.  Back in Lange!

She is a Tahoe girl. Thumbs Up

 


Love Gunner. He does great work. I've had him work on my boots since the mid-90's...

post #179 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog View Post
 

Well since there's no comparison we just have to take the author's questionable word on the matter. I guess having a blog in junior high qualifies one to write for Cosmo.

 

Copper or Mt. Hood or?

 

@Tog - This is Northstar. The view of Martis valley.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Après-Ski
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › Julia Mancuso Picture of the Day