My fingers do not fair well in cold weather and need something to keep my fingers warm here in beautiful Colorado - especially on the slopes. From what I have read it seems that mittens will suit me best.
I have my eyes on:
- Black Diamond's mercury mitt, guide lobster mitt
- Hestra's heli 3 finger mitt, hell ski mitt, leather extreme mitt,
- Swany's toaster supreme mitt.
- Burton's hover mitt.
1) Will a 3 finger mitt perform "almost" as good as a mitten in regards to warmth?
2) Does the 3 finger mitt provide decent dexterity to sacrifice the warmth of a mitt?
3) Is it true that the Hestra's (leather) will hold water after about 5 hours on the slopes?
4) For the Swany toaster - is there an advantage to be able to move your hand through the front zipper to allow the fingers to do whatever as compared to simply pulling off the mitt?
I'm not into paying for something like Hestra just because of the name - I am looking for quality, results, and practicality. Having a removable liner will help keep the glove clean so thus the Hestra XCR is not on this list.
Any advice is appreciated including a mitten not listed here.
Edited by Glenn Davis - 1/6/14 at 11:48pm