- for advanced skiers who like short turns and speed
- little chatter at speed
- must do well on ice AND crud
- needs to be user friendly
- for groomer only
- at discounted price
It sounds like you would like skis that are like SL race skis but with little more versatility, perhaps with r < 15-16, sandwich construction, 70-80 underfoot, 155-165 cm in length. Most ski manufacturers such as Fischer, Völkl, Blizzard, Nordica, Rossi, Atomic, etc., have adopted this concept and offers a line of products that fall into this category.
I don't demo a ton of non-race skis like some of the other guys do here, but below is my two cents FWIW.
- Head i.Supershape. Either Magnum, Rally (new this year I believe), or Titan depending on what's more important for you, quick side-to-side vs versatility outside perfect groomer condition. This is a very fun ski for people who like to work their skis--carves great, stable at speed, solid, and damp. They added rocker and compound radius for 2013/14, and I heard they are even better. You won't be disappointed with this ski. These skis are pretty common in the US, so it's won't be too difficult to find them NOS or used at a discount. Highly recommended.
- Stöckli non-FIS SX: Great front side ski that is second to none. You can read more about it in other threads. Stöckli is arguably the most premium, family owned Swiss brand. They hand make only a few and there is a short supply especially in the US, so they aren't cheap. It's like owning a fine expensive Swiss made watch if you're into that kind of thing. I am.
- Kästle RX12 or MX78: I haven't tried these, but I own a pair of Kästle FX94's that I really like, so I know Kästle makes very fine, fantastic skis. They have this hollow tip technology that's instantly noticeable. You can read more about them in other threads. There also is a guy on the blog who's an auth dealer. If I were you, I would definitely give them a try especially if it's readily available in your area.
- Dynastar Speedcourse Ti: I mention this as I have seen a lot of these at heavily discounted prices on the internet. I own a pair of Dynastar race skis, not this particular ones, but I have read great reviews about them.