Having learned how to ski with a house full of snowboarders (and peers who snowboarded , their "tuning" tips were always vague and i kind of half assed it till this season.
So I went big this season. This is whats in my garage.
- swix table and clamps
- like 4 different edge tools
- swix CH8 - CH7 - CH6 - CH5
- base cleaner
- 4 plexiglass scrapers
- nylon brush swix
- bronze/brass brush (2 of them by swix)
what is the right order to do edges and then wax?
From my experience this is what i would do
1. do the edges (side edges and bottom edges)
2. wipe down skis to get the metal filings off
3. scrape the skis with the metal brush to get the old wax off
4. base cleaner
5. use a warmer wax to clean the base (CH8)
6. scrape this wax
7. put the wax on for the snow temperature (lets say ch6)
8. scrape the wax with plexiglass
9. brush it with the nylon brush ? or brass brush?
does that look right to you? pretty much when to use the different brushes confuses me. I dont race anymore and when i did i never prepped my own skis someone did it for me.