Hi everybody! Just got into skiing and absolutely loving it! I skied for the first time on the last day of the season last year and had so much fun I ended up buying a ton of gear, which included a mid fat (88mm underfood) all mountain ski 50/50. I have about 7 days on the snow now and comfortable with all terrain and looking for a ski specially designed for very fast skiing on groomed runs with ice and minor bumps. I love my current skis (2012 elan apex 178cm), but am looking for a ski that is best suited for the snow conditions I'll more typically encounter at ski resorts nearby in SoCal (primarily Big Bear and Mountain High). Having said that, my answers to the 5 criteria I found in the sticky include the following:
1) Where in the world are you skiing? - Socal - primarily Mountain High and Big Bear where I have season passes.
2) What kinds of terrain do you prefer - For these skis I will be doing steeps and groomed runs with ice and little to no powder.
3) How many days a year do you ski? - This is my first season, but I plan on getting in at least about 30-40 days.
4) How advanced are you as a skier? - Based on the scale I found on epicski, I'm about a 7, will be an 8 shortly. Can ski black
and double blacks at my local resorts with confidence and can consistently carve the easier black runs topping 40-45mph (according to ski tracks for what it's worth) but am of course looking for more speed!
5) What's your height and weight? - I am 5 foot 9 inches, and weigh approximately 170 lbs.
Thank you everyone! Super excited to keep on skiing and adding to my quiver!