EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Ski Training and Pro Forums › Racing and Big Mountain Competitions › Can we please stop posting race results without a SPOILER warning!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can we please stop posting race results without a SPOILER warning!

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

I have learned to not open Facebook or look at the news feed till I have had a chance to view the events.  The fact that most WC races are in Europe makes it very difficult to watch them in real time, so many of us record them to watch at a more reasonable hour.

 

Today I opened the "new posts" page here at Epic & before I could close my eyes I saw 3 titles that eluded to race results from this morning.  I understand the compulsion to share good & bad news, but there are spoiler alert mechanisms in place...  Can we please use them?  Until then I will have to resist logging onto Epic until well after the fact.

 

Thanks in advance,

JF

post #2 of 13

Sorry dude, but if I already heard about it and didn't watch any of the race footage(hardly ever do)  I assume every ski racing fan on the planet also heard.  Just about every sports program in progress today broke in and interrupted regular programming to show Vonn pulling up lame.  Sorry you had to waste your day skiing instead of sitting on the couch with a house full of gradeschoolers like I did.

post #3 of 13
JUST DON'T ALLUDE TO THE RESULT IN THE TITLE!

I can avoid hovering over the title or last reply of threads to avoid reading the beginning of posts, but it'd be nice to be able to browse around the forums before I get a block of time to watch the race. Have some compassion! cool.gif
post #4 of 13

A discussion forum that has to wait an undisclosed amount of time, until you get your block of time, to discuss racing? Yea I get it you just do not want it in the subject line but it still seems a little self absorbed to think that we should be careful for you.

 

I am a big big tour de france fan, I watch every stage, but have no way to watch them live. I sometimes fall three or more days behind. It would be ridiculous of me to go onto to any cycling forum in the world and ask in a high and mighty way please do not put anything about the results on here because I want to browse. 

post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceage View Post
 

A discussion forum that has to wait an undisclosed amount of time, until you get your block of time, to discuss racing? Yea I get it you just do not want it in the subject line but it still seems a little self absorbed to think that we should be careful for you.

 

I am a big big tour de france fan, I watch every stage, but have no way to watch them live. I sometimes fall three or more days behind. It would be ridiculous of me to go onto to any cycling forum in the world and ask in a high and mighty way please do not put anything about the results on here because I want to browse. 

You say you "get it", but I guess you just can't be bothered :(.  Self absorbed???  I beg your pardon, but that just seems like a friendly courtesy to me.

post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
 

I have learned to not open Facebook or look at the news feed till I have had a chance to view the events.  The fact that most WC races are in Europe makes it very difficult to watch them in real time, so many of us record them to watch at a more reasonable hour.

 

Today I opened the "new posts" page here at Epic & before I could close my eyes I saw 3 titles that eluded to race results from this morning.  I understand the compulsion to share good & bad news, but there are spoiler alert mechanisms in place...  Can we please use them?  Until then I will have to resist logging onto Epic until well after the fact.

 

Thanks in advance,

JF

 

Jim, you're not the first person to ask for this courtesy.  And this is not the first "season" that its become a concern for long time members who have had a 

A simple title that says Spoiler alert and the name of the event without results is a fairly simple request. 
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
 

 

Jim, you're not the first person to ask for this courtesy.  And this is not the first "season" that its become a concern for long time members who have had a 

Thanks Tricia,  I thought it was a pretty simple request as well.

post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
 

You say you "get it", but I guess you just can't be bothered :(.  Self absorbed???  I beg your pardon, but that just seems like a friendly courtesy to me.

I guess I just do not understand how long people need to wait until we can discuss race results? You seem to be almost illiterate as you didn't seem to read my post.  

post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceage View Post
 

I guess I just do not understand how long people need to wait until we can discuss race results? You seem to be almost illiterate as you didn't seem to read my post.  

Again, I beg your pardon...  :dunno

post #10 of 13
The illiterate person might be the person refusing to honor another person's simple request, complete with explanation, because he doesn't feel like being considerate. But maybe the more literate label would be inconsiderate. And apparently given to labeling people illiterate who are only asking for courtesy.
post #11 of 13

Wow.  Iceage is coming back from the .....ice age with a giant spoon to stir pots everywhere. :dunno

post #12 of 13
Another whack a mole. Got rid of one, now have a new one. Along with the ACL guy. Makes we want to add the injury forum to the P&HT change request...

But seriously, I think we should be looking at some mechanism to flag really old stuff from being reawakened. Not stuff that's only a year old and not an inability to reawaken, just a flag that says this thread has been idle for three years, do you really mean to awaken it from the dead or would finding a newer thread to post in make more sense?
post #13 of 13
Another poster that will join the ranks of epics proud few. 👋👋
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Ski Training and Pro Forums › Racing and Big Mountain Competitions › Can we please stop posting race results without a SPOILER warning!