or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

binding help

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rossignol-Experience-88-178cm-with-Bindings-incl-Poles-Goggles-at-BIN-price-/380783458378?pt=Skiing&hash=item58a876784a&autorefresh=true

 

assuming i can get those for 700$ish 

 

am i better off getting those ?

 

 

or if i can get a flat pair of the experience 88 at 178 cm at 550$ should i just get a random binding at my local shop and have it mounted? 

 

i don't really know anything about bindings. 

 

im 6'2"  200lbs my din is between 8.5-10 on most skis. 

post #2 of 7
Not the best deal in the world. Th Pr11 is a power rail 11 din binding that is ok and IMHO, I would not sell you knowing your size. You are getting free poles and goggles which are probably throw away items. Th Rossi sells for 599 and you can get a Rossi px12 binding for 199 and have a much better set up than what is offered there.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

Not the best deal in the world. Th Pr11 is a power rail 11 din binding that is ok and IMHO, I would not sell you knowing your size. You are getting free poles and goggles which are probably throw away items. Th Rossi sells for 599 and you can get a Rossi px12 binding for 199 and have a much better set up than what is offered there.

hey phil thanks for the reply! 

 

what should i look for in a binding? does din rule? 

 

what makes the px12 better higher din? 

 

i really know nothing about bindings. 

 

i almost have always had marker bindings due to my marriage with volkl products which i am breaking for the first time due to not being able to demo the kendo (really poorly set up demo day thanks to inside edge at gore)

 

like i am looking at bindings on evo gear right now and have idea what i am looking at. minus brake width i think i would want at least 100mm for an 88 undefoot

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post

hey phil thanks for the reply! 

what should i look for in a binding? does din rule? 

what makes the px12 better higher din? 

i really know nothing about bindings. 

i almost have always had marker bindings due to my marriage with volkl products which i am breaking for the first time due to not being able to demo the kendo (really poorly set up demo day thanks to inside edge at gore)

like i am looking at bindings on evo gear right now and have idea what i am looking at. minus brake width i think i would want at least 100mm for an 88 undefoot
All bindings will hold you in and release you, a better binding will be a performance enhancement on the ski and allowing the ski to perform better. When you are buying a better binding your not necessarily Buying a higher din but a better housing. If you would prefer a marker binding the Griffin for $229 would be a viable choice. A 90mm brake would be a better choice for an 88 mm wide ski.
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

All bindings will hold you in and release you, a better binding will be a performance enhancement on the ski and allowing the ski to perform better. When you are buying a better binding your not necessarily Buying a higher din but a better housing. If you would prefer a marker binding the Griffin for $229 would be a viable choice. A 90mm brake would be a better choice for an 88 mm wide ski.

How can I tell what a better binding would be ? I had the griffons on a park ski .

What's the best ? Is there a way to tell what bindings will be better
post #6 of 7

The Marker Griffon is much lighter than the Look, giving you a little better feel and lighter swing weight, for what that's worth. On the other hand, the Look is a metal framed binding where the Marker is plastic, hence the weight saving.  The E88 is not a light ski by any means, so if you're interested in saving some weight and therefore fatigue, the Marker might be the way to go.  And he's right on with the 90 mm brake, the Griffon comes in 90, 110, and maybe 130, but the larger two would drag.

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibmon323 View Post

The Marker Griffon is much lighter than the Look, giving you a little better feel and lighter swing weight, for what that's worth. On the other hand, the Look is a metal framed binding where the Marker is plastic, hence the weight saving.  The E88 is not a light ski by any means, so if you're interested in saving some weight and therefore fatigue, the Marker might be the way to go.  And he's right on with the 90 mm brake, the Griffon comes in 90, 110, and maybe 130, but the larger two would drag.
thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion