or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › New to the forum with a question about bindings.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New to the forum with a question about bindings.

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but lurk and participate on a few others (R6-Forum and FJ Cruiser forum). I just picked up some skis for the first time in 6 years. I skied for 6 years and then switched to snowboarding for about 6 years and decided it was time to go back to skiing after a knee injury. I have been a little out of the loop when it comes to decent ski gear. I just bought a pair of 186 Atomic Theorys and need some binding advice.  The snow here in Idaho isn't great so I don't see too many powder days but I do like to take trips to Grand Tar-gee. I would say I ski about 60% of my time on groomers (mainly because of snow conditions) and the other 40% in the trees. If skiing is just like riding a bike then I'm guessing I will be a moderate to advanced skier. I didn't do any park when I skied the first time but got into it when I was snowboarding so I plan on giving that a go as well. The sticker on my Skis recommend the Atomic FFG-12's. Wondering if these are solid binding for what I'm doing or if I should look into something else? Wouldn't mind some advice on where to mount them either. I have never had center mounted bindings and was thinking about trying it. Thanks!

post #2 of 3

The FFG-12 is an excellent choice, as the Rossi Axial2 120/ look px12, Marker Griffon or Tyroia Attack 13 would be.

 

Center mounting is really for park skiing, I would go with a more 'freeride' mount point for someone not intending to spin, slide rails or ski switch.

post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the response. Yeah I figured I might as well stick with what Atomic recommends. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › New to the forum with a question about bindings.