- 40 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- need a reasonable motel near Sugarloaf Last post on 5/12/16 at 8:12am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- CNL looking for buyer for 16 ski resorts, operational leases would not change Last post on 11/5/16 at 1:04pm in Skiing News
- 2014 New England Gathering ... Momentum ... need more Bears Last post on 3/2/14 at 8:41am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Still Winter Here - Sugarloaf April 10 Last post on 4/10/13 at 8:58pm in Trip Reports
- Late March Skiing on Vermont? Last post on 1/26/13 at 5:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
I can't believe this is the first review! There are three "local" mountains near Metro Vancouver (Cypress and Grouse mountains being the other two). The three are less than 30 minute drive from...
I had very good experiences skiing here. Unlike most PA resorts, I rarely ever had to wait in a lift line. That alone makes it one of the best options in Eastern PA. It's not as tall as other...
I really like Blue Mountain, and was a season pass holder there for a couple of years. If you're in the Philly area or Lehigh Valley, this is your best bet. Personally, I like it better than...
Went there for the first time since moving to St Louis. This is the ONLY option if you live her (or anywhere south of here). To get somewhere meaningfully better, you either have to drive 12...
With a 4,000 ft. vertical its no wonder Kicking Horse is renound for their expert terrain. Well, maybe not renound since so few people have heard of it. Ridge after ridge of extreme ski lines is...
sugarloaf in feb!!
My home hill, to the extent that I have one.
The beauty and curse of Sugarloaf is that it is all about the skiing. There are precious few non-ski activities, other than soaking up the majesty and solitude of the Maine woods. Perhaps some snow shoe excursions. There may be some local outfitters who could do a snow mobile trip. Your daughter may enjoy that, age dependent. I think there is a health club of sorts connected with the hill which may have a pool. Customer service could provide details.
There are some good eats at the Loaf, but a very modest selection. Our favorite is an Italian place called Hugo's a few miles down the road from the base. At the Crossing, Tuffulios is a local icon. Some places on the hill as well. If your in-laws do not mind a bit of drive, Farmington is about 40 minutes away and has a great movie theater and some walk around potential.
Enjoy the trip. The Loaf is an extraordinary hill. But a resort it is not.
Sugarloaf is our destination trip this year. We'll be there right after Presidents Week. We just want the skiing.. :-) I hope it's good! They sold me with the 30 person outdoor hot tub.. :-)
Drop the in-laws and daughter in Portland on the way up. Or ice fishing.
Otherwise it's what deliberate1 said. When someone recommends an excursion to Farmington, Maine, that should tell you something about the place you're coming from.
If you like drives on very dark, deserted, and snowy roads, you could drive over to Rangeley some late afternoon and check out Moose Alley, which has bowling, among other things. (And Saddleback, of course.)
Well unless they put in something new from last year the hot tubs at the fitness center hold maybe 8 after that there isn't much water left in them. There are 2 out side and 1 or 2 inside next to the pool along with 1 each in the men's and women's locker room. So maybe doing some math 30 people in total. Either way great place and you will really enjoy the Loaf. Might have some snowfields open at that time of the year.
- sugarloaf in feb!!
- › Boots for Mogul Skiing 12 minutes ago
- › looking for advice and partners for short trip to alta/snowbird jan... 22 minutes ago
- › 2015 Volkl Charisma 163 27 minutes ago
- › Any tips for for better balance and stance? 32 minutes ago
- › Salomon X-Pro 80 Boots 27.5 (Men's) 58 minutes ago
- › Bring Back Straight Skis 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Long Leg Short Leg - improve your carving 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Feeler: new 177 Head Monster 88 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Skiing is hard...how bad am I? [living in Switzerland, beginner adult] 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - Japan, India and China 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Mount Seymour by jhkc
- › Jack Frost Mountain by Angus215
- › Blue Mountain Ski Area by Angus215
- › Hidden Valley Ski Area by Angus215
- › Kicking Horse Mountain Resort by tank8681
- › Laurel Mountain Ski-Resort by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Abom Goggle by pchewn
- › Wolf Creek Ski Area by ExWanabe
- › Mt. Baldy by Hoben02
- › Brighton by Hoben02
- › A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
- › MIPS Helmet Technology Explained
- › EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
- › Flamingo drill
- › Bamboo over the shoulder drill
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...