- 40 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- need a reasonable motel near Sugarloaf Last post on 5/12/16 at 8:12am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- CNL looking for buyer for 16 ski resorts, operational leases would not change Last post on 4/11/17 at 5:58am in Skiing News
- 2014 New England Gathering ... Momentum ... need more Bears Last post on 3/2/14 at 8:41am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Still Winter Here - Sugarloaf April 10 Last post on 4/10/13 at 8:58pm in Trip Reports
- Late March Skiing on Vermont? Last post on 1/26/13 at 5:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
sugarloaf in feb!!
My home hill, to the extent that I have one.
The beauty and curse of Sugarloaf is that it is all about the skiing. There are precious few non-ski activities, other than soaking up the majesty and solitude of the Maine woods. Perhaps some snow shoe excursions. There may be some local outfitters who could do a snow mobile trip. Your daughter may enjoy that, age dependent. I think there is a health club of sorts connected with the hill which may have a pool. Customer service could provide details.
There are some good eats at the Loaf, but a very modest selection. Our favorite is an Italian place called Hugo's a few miles down the road from the base. At the Crossing, Tuffulios is a local icon. Some places on the hill as well. If your in-laws do not mind a bit of drive, Farmington is about 40 minutes away and has a great movie theater and some walk around potential.
Enjoy the trip. The Loaf is an extraordinary hill. But a resort it is not.
Sugarloaf is our destination trip this year. We'll be there right after Presidents Week. We just want the skiing.. :-) I hope it's good! They sold me with the 30 person outdoor hot tub.. :-)
Drop the in-laws and daughter in Portland on the way up. Or ice fishing.
Otherwise it's what deliberate1 said. When someone recommends an excursion to Farmington, Maine, that should tell you something about the place you're coming from.
If you like drives on very dark, deserted, and snowy roads, you could drive over to Rangeley some late afternoon and check out Moose Alley, which has bowling, among other things. (And Saddleback, of course.)
Well unless they put in something new from last year the hot tubs at the fitness center hold maybe 8 after that there isn't much water left in them. There are 2 out side and 1 or 2 inside next to the pool along with 1 each in the men's and women's locker room. So maybe doing some math 30 people in total. Either way great place and you will really enjoy the Loaf. Might have some snowfields open at that time of the year.
- sugarloaf in feb!!
- › Help me with bindings 6 minutes ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 7 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 8 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a Basic Tuning Kit 9 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 13 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 15 minutes ago
- › Monster 83 last minute confirmation on length 21 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 31 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 39 minutes ago
- › Calling all Minnesota Epicskiers 2016-2017 40 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review