- 40 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- need a reasonable motel near Sugarloaf Last post on 5/12/16 at 8:12am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- CNL looking for buyer for 16 ski resorts, operational leases would not change Last post on 5/16/16 at 1:56pm in Skiing News
- 2014 New England Gathering ... Momentum ... need more Bears Last post on 3/2/14 at 8:41am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Still Winter Here - Sugarloaf April 10 Last post on 4/10/13 at 8:58pm in Trip Reports
- Late March Skiing on Vermont? Last post on 1/26/13 at 5:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
sugarloaf in feb!!
My home hill, to the extent that I have one.
The beauty and curse of Sugarloaf is that it is all about the skiing. There are precious few non-ski activities, other than soaking up the majesty and solitude of the Maine woods. Perhaps some snow shoe excursions. There may be some local outfitters who could do a snow mobile trip. Your daughter may enjoy that, age dependent. I think there is a health club of sorts connected with the hill which may have a pool. Customer service could provide details.
There are some good eats at the Loaf, but a very modest selection. Our favorite is an Italian place called Hugo's a few miles down the road from the base. At the Crossing, Tuffulios is a local icon. Some places on the hill as well. If your in-laws do not mind a bit of drive, Farmington is about 40 minutes away and has a great movie theater and some walk around potential.
Enjoy the trip. The Loaf is an extraordinary hill. But a resort it is not.
Sugarloaf is our destination trip this year. We'll be there right after Presidents Week. We just want the skiing.. :-) I hope it's good! They sold me with the 30 person outdoor hot tub.. :-)
Drop the in-laws and daughter in Portland on the way up. Or ice fishing.
Otherwise it's what deliberate1 said. When someone recommends an excursion to Farmington, Maine, that should tell you something about the place you're coming from.
If you like drives on very dark, deserted, and snowy roads, you could drive over to Rangeley some late afternoon and check out Moose Alley, which has bowling, among other things. (And Saddleback, of course.)
Well unless they put in something new from last year the hot tubs at the fitness center hold maybe 8 after that there isn't much water left in them. There are 2 out side and 1 or 2 inside next to the pool along with 1 each in the men's and women's locker room. So maybe doing some math 30 people in total. Either way great place and you will really enjoy the Loaf. Might have some snowfields open at that time of the year.
- sugarloaf in feb!!
- › how to adjsut Rossignol Power 10C axial front binding 6 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 12 minutes ago
- › Beginners tip bible - share yours 24 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 30 minutes ago
- › Spademan ski bindings 31 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 35 minutes ago
- › FS: Dynastar SPX 15 Maxflex Binding - Brand New, $250 shipped to... 39 minutes ago
- › FS: Hestra Heli Gloves, Black, Size 8 - Brand New $95 shipped to... 40 minutes ago
- › FS: Fischer WC SL 165cm - Brand New $650 shipped to lower 48 40 minutes ago
- › How does this forum compare with other active forums out there in... 41 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer