RLM opened the day after Thanksgiving with more of the mountain open than any other time in the past 15 years. There were 1,500 skiers and riders on opening day and since then conditions have improved. A fairly serious storm moved in on Monday and dropped 17" Monday and Tuesday. Snow conditions should be excellent but I heard reports yesterday that it was a near white-out on the highway from Billings. The interstate in Billings is in terrible condition, even 18-wheelers are driving only about 50mph. High temperatures in Red Lodge for the next three days are forecast as single digits below 0 with lows for the next four nights double digits below zero. If this keeps up, the entire mountain, including the Palisades area will be open for Christmas. After last season, we seriously need a good one this year.
- itemRed Lodge Mountain Resorttagged by sibhusky, 1/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- Red Lodge Mountain Palisades? Last post on 9/28/15 at 4:15am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:20am in Après-Ski
- Weather forecast help!: Utah vs Montana Last post on 3/3/13 at 7:15pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Chair falls off the cable at Red Lodge Last post on 1/6/12 at 8:47pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Bridger, Red Lodge or elsewhere (between Christmas and New Year's)? Last post on 12/23/11 at 11:18am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Red Lodge Mountain has biggest opening in 15 years
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As a followup, Red Lodge has continued to get more snow and is now skiing better than I have seen since I moved to Billings in 1999. The mountain is currently 100% open, all 70 runs and you can find excellent snow on all the ungroomed runs as well as in the trees. The green groomers tend to be really hard as are some other south facing slopes. I was there for several hours today and spent my time skiing the cutup powder on the runs and in the trees. The weather was perfect and it was a great day.
Sorry if I'm veering the thread but you reminded me of an incredible 2-3' bluebird day at my only trip ever to Red Lodge, back in 1993. I had half the mountain to myself all day and it was the good half. One of those ski days that you remember forever.
I was at Red Lodge in December this year and had a blast. Very friendly people/staff, affordable ticket prices, and some great terrain. I especially enjoyed Cole Creek; it's a great place to burn out your legs. Wish I could have hit the Palisades Area but it was closed. The Headwaters were open, but a little thin in areas. I'll go back to Red Lodge again.
Does the Lower Miami run dump you into the parking lot?
Are those the Atomic Rituals your skiing? If so, I may have talked with you while I was there. I had the Atomic Theories. Enjoy your season!
Does the Lower Miami run dump you into the parking lot? No, it ends at the Miami Beach lift. If you came down that ridge and headed way left you could end up in the parking lot if you're not careful.
Are those the Atomic Rituals your skiing? If so, I may have talked with you while I was there. I had the Atomic Theories. Enjoy your season! They are Rituals. I was only at RLM the Sunday and Monday before Christmas and I don't recall talking to anyone who was skiing Theories.
- Red Lodge Mountain has biggest opening in 15 years
- › Death Bed Confessions 5 minutes ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 8 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 24 minutes ago
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 38 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 49 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 3 hours ago
- › My final thank you, good by and farewell VIDEO @ EpicSki - please... 5 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › United Airlines overbooking incident 5 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Marker Cosmic Shell Jacket, Mens M, Blue 6 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review