Hello fellow skiers,
We are travelling from the East Coast to Wyoming to ski at Grand Targhee and/or Jackson Hole end of January - beginning of February, 4 skiing days. Since we are from the East Coast there are trip-related questions that I am hoping you could help answer.
1. Any chance of catching some fresh snow on either mountain at this time of the season?
2. Our group does not have much experience skiing powder so, to make our trip easier, would you recommend skiing mostly at the Targhee or Jackson?
3. I heard good things about catskiing at the Ghee, is it worth doing?
4. Living on the east coast, the fattest/widest ski I have is Gotamas 2010 194cm. WIll this ski be sufficient for both mountains or I should rent fatter skis locally? If latter, where should I rent as far as skis selection/cheaper price is concerned? I don't want to spend more than 40 a day for ski rental. I also assume we can rent some demo powder skis, not regular rental skis.
5. How is the visibility on both mountains? Any advice on the goggle lenses?
Thanks in advance.