Found a killer deal on 2012/13 MissBehaved for the wife but need to act quickly (today). Relevant info:
- Wife is 5'7 135lbs
- Current skis 2007 158cm K2 Missdemenor (~80mm waist park skis)
- Lifelong skier, not great technique wise (skid turns) but can ski diamonds (trees and bowls off Peak/Harmony) at Whistler
- Skis about 5 days a season at Whistler and Fernie/Kimberly - 60% groomers 40% all mountain
- Groomer performance is important, but she wants something better in variable snow (obviously her current skis suck in powder/crud), last year on a huge powder day she was having a blast but her skis were holding her back in the trees.
- The only other "big" ski has tried was the Salomon Rockette last year (115 waist) and found it too large although she liked the rocker
Question is: 159cm or 169cm?
The K2 size chart puts her at 156/166cm (intermediate/expert, I would say she is upper intermediate/advanced). I'm leaning toward 159cm because she is not often skiing very deep snow, and even that length should be enough float @ 133-102-127.