So I'm in the market for a new transceiver. I'm thinking of a Pulse provided I can get a sufficiently good deal - when they're available over here (NZ) they go for around $1000 NZD, which is about $825 USD right now. Even including 15% GST that's a bit excessive.
- The frequencies WLink uses are not allowed to be used in NZ (my usual season) or Japan (where I will be Jan/Feb and likely next Dec/Jan/Feb too) AFAIK.
- I have no interest in anything with finicky mode switching. IMO mode switching isn't something that should have to be learnt. Once was more than enough with that.
- I've never used the Barryvox 3000 in purely digital mode and that's the only transceiver I have experience with... so having the option of analog mode would probably be nice.
- Small is nice but not essential.
- Would love to have a digital tone that changed in pitch not just cadence and volume.
- Not breaking the bank would be good. Any good deals seen floating around?
- Importing is definitely on the cards, especially for anything under $400NZD.
- To me, options are a good thing so long as I can turn off what I don't want and the device is still easy to use.
Other options I was wondering about are the Arva Link and Axis. Or maybe an Element.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Links to fantastic sales? ;)