Brand-new in the box, never worn or used, below photos are of actual item. With this ABS Base Unit, you can buy any size or style zip-on pack you like from ABS, Dakine, Arva, or Ski-Doo.
*** This pack INCLUDES a new but just-discharged (for shipping) nitrogen cylinder and trigger handle, which you can exchange for a full one at your local ABS dealer or online.***
• ABS system features two strong, lateral, nylon and PVC airbags for double the protection, unhindered sight and movement, and large 170L buoyancy volume
• ABS carrying system is comprised of shoulder straps, adjustable hip and chest straps, and anchoring leg loop; it’s TUV-certified for extreme use
• Progressive pneumatic-pyrotechnic release activates system—quick pull of the handle, using very little force, quickly inflates the system
• Canister (included, but empty) uses compressed nitrogen for performance at low temperatures
• Nylon construction is durable and strong
• Padded, foam back structure with breathable mesh reduces strain and fatigue and improves comfort
• Ergonomic hip-belt carries the load in comfort; belt has pocket for easy access to essentials
• Size small, for up to 19.3-inch back length (ABS doesn't have a medium size, just "small" and "large".)
• Base unit and cover attached securely with YKK zipper and stabilizing straps
• MSRP: $979.95
Note: wearing this airbag system does NOT guarantee that you will survive an avalanche burial or a slide amidst avalanche debris; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there.
Actual photos of item for sale:
$575 shipped with a DISCHARGED nitrogen cylinder and trigger to lower 48 states. (Shipment of a full cylinder by an uncertified shipper like me would require paying an expensive Hazardous Materials fee, so shipping it discharged means I can sell for a lower price.) Add 3% for PayPal fee unless paying by USPS money order.
I can discharge the cylinder in a different pack if you want to receive this one 100% virgin, or I could activate this pack and video it for the buyer (before packing for shipment) to see it work.
You can exchange the empty cylinder for a full one for around $30 at shops that service ABS packs, or just mail it in for exchange. (Certified shippers don't have to pay UPS or FedEx a haz-mat fee.) Or pick up pack with a full nitrogen cylinder just north of Los Angeles, if you're local. Here's an example of a shop that exchanges ABS cylinders/triggers: http://www.alssports.com/Product.aspx?pf_id=10213465&gclid=CM7ktYjewroCFSEV7AodmHYAQQ
ABS Airbag pre-season prep:
Deflating the air bags quickly:
Resetting & repacking the pack after inflation:
Edited by 1000oaks - 10/2/14 at 9:28pm