or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › Hare-brained Ideas to Solve World Problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hare-brained Ideas to Solve World Problems

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 

I can't remember which idea I actually wanted to start this thread with, but I was watching a movie the other day and part of the plot was the Head of the Secret Service and the Speaker of the House wanted to nuke the entire Middle East--auspiciously so there would be no more wars there. In the end they failed to do it, but it is an idea that has been suggested by many a drunk redneck over the years as a way to fix a persistent problem.

 

So this thread is to share your most crazy, know it is irresponsible and/or may never work ideas to solve world problems. 

post #2 of 27
Airlift all the Israelis to one of our deserts and leave the Arabs all their sand to fight over. The Israelis will upgrade the educational level of wherever we put them and probably increase the productivity of that real estate.
post #3 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

Airlift all the Israelis to one of our deserts and leave the Arabs all their sand to fight over. The Israelis will upgrade the educational level of wherever we put them and probably increase the productivity of that real estate.

 

That finally jogged my memory of my original idea for this thread:

 

The US is having increasing problems with overcrowding in prisons and a prohibitively expensive prison program. What if we turned Wyoming into the Colonial British equivalent of Australia. See how many thieves and kidnappers there are when their prospect at getting caught is surviving (sans security guards) along with rapists and murderers. No luxury prisons either; Wall Street Bankers--Welcome to Wyoming. And patrolling the Wyoming prison fence would be a good use for all the extra tanks the US has acquired. 

 

As a skier of course, I would make the Jackson Hole/Grand Targhee/Yellowstone areas excluded from the prison. 

post #4 of 27
Oh, thanks, you're parking them next to us.
post #5 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

Oh, thanks, you're parking them next to us.

 

Well I mean we could always talk to the Queen about borrowing Australia for a while. 

post #6 of 27

Hare Brained ideas? Have this guy run it all...

 

Bricka bracka fire cracker sis boom bah...

post #7 of 27
Or Rossi Smash..
post #8 of 27
Hare-brained? Art. Replace every portrait of a dictator or general or president with Albrecht Durer's portrait of a hare and I predict we're all good.
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post
 

 

Well I mean we could always talk to the Queen about borrowing Australia for a while. 

*

*


Just popped over to Buckingham Palace for you. She says no deal - your Tea Parties suck. ;) 

post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post
 

I can't remember which idea I actually wanted to start this thread with, but I was watching a movie the other day and part of the plot was the Head of the Secret Service and the Speaker of the House wanted to nuke the entire Middle East--auspiciously so there would be no more wars there. In the end they failed to do it, but it is an idea that has been suggested by many a drunk redneck over the years as a way to fix a persistent problem.

 

So this thread is to share your most crazy, know it is irresponsible and/or may never work ideas to solve world problems. 

 

Two boots, two skis, two poles, unlimited snow and weed for everyone. 

post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post
 

 

Two boots, two skis, two poles, unlimited snow and weed for everyone. 


Everyone stoned arguing over who's two skis, two poles, and two boots those are?

post #12 of 27

Make a new country from Northern California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Idaho, Western Montana, and maybe Alaska and Western Alberta if they're really good.  I'd like to include New Mexico, but I don't want Nevada or Arizona, so too bad for them.  We could call it anything we want but everything would be perfect and we would have no problems at all.  Everyone would wish that they were us.  We'll be really nice to our neighbors so that we can continue to ski in Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado as guests.

post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post
 

Two boots, two skis, two poles, unlimited snow and weed for everyone. 

 

They call that Mount Baker.

post #14 of 27

post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post
 

 

That finally jogged my memory of my original idea for this thread:

 

The US is having increasing problems with overcrowding in prisons and a prohibitively expensive prison program. What if we turned Wyoming into the Colonial British equivalent of Australia. See how many thieves and kidnappers there are when their prospect at getting caught is surviving (sans security guards) along with rapists and murderers. No luxury prisons either; Wall Street Bankers--Welcome to Wyoming. And patrolling the Wyoming prison fence would be a good use for all the extra tanks the US has acquired. 

 

As a skier of course, I would make the Jackson Hole/Grand Targhee/Yellowstone areas excluded from the prison. 

 

They actually did that back in 1997 - had to send in Snake Plisken to rescue Dick Cheney.

post #16 of 27

Go broke trying to spend enough for troops and materials to be able to impose your influence everywhere . Then be surprised when you find out most people really don't like some outsider trying to influence them and appreciate it even less when the advice comes at gunpoint.

post #17 of 27

Use the power of the State to take money from those who are willing to go to the trouble of earning it, and give it to those who are not.

post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
 

Make a new country from Northern California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Idaho, Western Montana, and maybe Alaska and Western Alberta if they're really good.  I'd like to include New Mexico, but I don't want Nevada or Arizona, so too bad for them.  We could call it anything we want but everything would be perfect and we would have no problems at all.  Everyone would wish that they were us.  We'll be really nice to our neighbors so that we can continue to ski in Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado as guests.


good plan but we both know you can never trust Alaskans, Idaho obviously has to many right wingers, California might cut into the B,C.drug trade, Oregon I always hear on this site apparently has no skiing,  Montana and Alberta are always bickering plus most of their area is too flat to be worthwhile anyway. 

 

Washington is a possibility provided we don't have to be saddled with your justice system and police attitudes, education, military, budget deficits or politicians. For admittance you also need to be instructed the the proper use of eh and always say sorry even if its not your fault.    

post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post

They call that Mount Baker.

And everyone gets along?
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post

They call that Mount Baker.

And everyone gets along?


Oh, wow.  What?

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by noncrazycanuck View Post
 

 

Washington is a possibility provided we don't have to be saddled with your justice system and police attitudes, education, military, budget deficits or politicians. For admittance you also need to be instructed the the proper use of eh and always say sorry even if its not your fault.    

Well, most of that was the whole idea, but the big problem is that I kind of like the international boundary being 20 minutes north.  It keeps the urban hordes at bay, so I'll have to think this one over some more.  And, what's the thing with "eh," huh?

post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by noncrazycanuck View Post
 

Go broke trying to spend enough for troops and materials to be able to impose your influence everywhere . Then be surprised when you find out most people really don't like some outsider trying to influence them and appreciate it even less when the advice comes at gunpoint.

Lol. 

post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post
 

I can't remember which idea I actually wanted to start this thread with, but I was watching a movie the other day and part of the plot was the Head of the Secret Service and the Speaker of the House wanted to nuke the entire Middle East--auspiciously so there would be no more wars there. In the end they failed to do it, but it is an idea that has been suggested by many a drunk redneck over the years as a way to fix a persistent problem.

 

So this thread is to share your most crazy, know it is irresponsible and/or may never work ideas to solve world problems.

 

I remember some comedian wanting to turn it into Lake Iraq.

post #24 of 27

Make Weld County in Colorado the 51st state.

 

Yes, this is really on my ballot.

 

post #25 of 27

 

Keep cutting until you get to California.

post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post
 

I can't remember which idea I actually wanted to start this thread with, but I was watching a movie the other day and part of the plot was the Head of the Secret Service and the Speaker of the House wanted to nuke the entire Middle East--auspiciously so there would be no more wars there. In the end they failed to do it, but it is an idea that has been suggested by many a drunk redneck over the years as a way to fix a persistent problem.

 

So this thread is to share your most crazy, know it is irresponsible and/or may never work ideas to solve world problems. 


I want to do that with JUST the little spot where The Dome On The Rock is located.  Just turn that one little spot in to a giant lake so neither religious sect can try to stake claim to it.  Isn't that what they've been fighting over for eons?

post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
 

Make a new country from Northern California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Idaho, Western Montana, and maybe Alaska and Western Alberta if they're really good.  I'd like to include New Mexico, but I don't want Nevada or Arizona, so too bad for them.  We could call it anything we want but everything would be perfect and we would have no problems at all.  Everyone would wish that they were us.  We'll be really nice to our neighbors so that we can continue to ski in Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado as guests.

 

 

Give Alberta to Texas, but annex the mountains.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Après-Ski
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Après-Ski › Hare-brained Ideas to Solve World Problems