I am looking for recommendations for a mid-January ski trip to the East Coast. (I have gone West for Spring Break the last few years, Breck x 2, Steamboat), but want to include my youngest daughter before she goes back to college. I would probably fly into Boston, stay 3-4 days, at least part on a weekend. Wife is familiar with the East Coast, but not the skiing scene. I know its probably crowded and I hate crowds --so what recommendations do you have, taking into consideration:
1) Is snow generally reliable in mid January ?
2) Quality of skiing ? Variety of slopes (family runs from Black to Green), but steeps/bumps not really necessary
3) Crowds and lift capacity
4) Distance from Boston airport ?
5) Availablity of on-slope or nearby lodging (not necessary , but preferred)
6) Town (restaraunts & shops)
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.