or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Does it make any sense for an intermediate New England groomer skier to venture somewhere out west ?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does it make any sense for an intermediate New England groomer skier to venture somewhere out west ?! - Page 83

post #2461 of 2488

Waiting for this thread to be locked ... as I can't imagine it won't be ... 

post #2462 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
 

I hope

No, it really is cool.

If I got called out for a pattern of horrifying comments towards women online, I would be ashamed, embarrassed and angry too.  I could see turning that into a personal thing.

I am just glad it is snowing down here so I finally have something to do other than wonder how TCC is getting on with that life of his.

Oh, those comments were dessert. The paralysis by analysis about finding the perfect ski spot with perfect weather was the main course. 

I don't feel for the guy. The West has inspired many hearts long before anyone thought of skiing it, but not him. Let him force feed himself one west trip a year so he can at least play the part of a dedicated skier. 

Un-ban 2CC and let's get this thread back on track!

post #2463 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
 

 

I'm glad to hear that 2CC managed to make a decision without another 70 pages of discussion to "assist".

Possibly Targhee or Snowmass does not a decision make!

post #2464 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBillsFan View Post
 

Oh, those comments were dessert. The paralysis by analysis about finding the perfect ski spot with perfect weather was the main course. 

I don't feel for the guy. The West has inspired many hearts long before anyone thought of skiing it, but not him. Let him force feed himself one west trip a year so he can at least play the part of a dedicated skier. 

Un-ban 2CC and let's get this thread back on track!

 

The comments elsewhere made me realize that he wasn't just some awkward misunderstood dude with a rager about the allure of skiing that his reality would never match.  I'm not sure exactly what to make of his internet persona, but I don't get warm fuzzies.

 

I don't think we need a return. I can think of a lot of banned folks capable of making much more of a contribution than our departed friend. 

post #2465 of 2488

Targhee is having a turnaround? :confused

post #2466 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
 

 

No, it really is cool.

 

If I got called out for a pattern of horrifying comments towards women online, I would be ashamed, embarrassed and angry too.  I could see turning that into a personal thing.

 

I am just glad it is snowing down here so I finally have something to do other than wonder how TCC is getting on with that life of his.

 

It required snow to do that? Wow, the Wolf Creek area must be more boring than I thought. :duck::D

post #2467 of 2488

He sure wasn't trying to be too tricky with his new screen name. Any ideas on what his next name will be?

post #2468 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
 

 

It required snow to do that? Wow, the Wolf Creek area must be more boring than I thought. :duck::D

 

Yeah, I'm a real shut in.

 

I am terribly sad that TCC didn't decide Wolf was the answer given the suddenly epic forecast.

post #2469 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen View Post
 

He sure wasn't trying to be too tricky with his new screen name. Any ideas on what his next name will be?

 

Wait, you think that was him? I just figured we instabanned anybody that acknowledged being friends with him on general principle.

post #2470 of 2488
Now that the san Juans are getting like 4 feet or whatever, shouldn't he go to Telluride? Do they have enough groomers?

If hewas meh about the 'Boat , Tride should be "eh" at least no?
post #2471 of 2488
Am I allowed to ask when and why 2cc got the axe? Was it something good?
post #2472 of 2488
He insulted me using a sexual reference. It was not appreciated.
post #2473 of 2488
The posts have been deleted. It was bad.
post #2474 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
 

 

The comments elsewhere made me realize that he wasn't just some awkward misunderstood dude with a rager about the allure of skiing that his reality would never match.  I'm not sure exactly what to make of his internet persona, but I don't get warm fuzzies.

 

I don't think we need a return. I can think of a lot of banned folks capable of making much more of a contribution than our departed friend. 


Gonzo, are you out there???   :rolleyes

post #2475 of 2488

I'm not sure why any Easterner would be "Meh" about Steamboat.  We're here from Ontario, and are having a blast!  Boy, do I miss western snow.  Sooo nice out here.  So much to explore, something for everyone, and the cold......what cold?  This is patio weather compared to what we're used to skiing LOL.

 

I will admit I'm just a wee bit jealous of you Westerners.  In truth, I admire it out here.  Much to love here in Colorado, I'm very impressed.

post #2476 of 2488
Quote:
I'm not sure why any Easterner would be "Meh" about Steamboat.  We're here from Ontario, and are having a blast!  Boy, do I miss western snow.  Sooo nice out here.  So much to explore, something for everyone, and the cold......what cold?  This is patio weather compared to what we're used to skiing LOL.
 
70 pages it took to get to meh!
And now you're in Mehca!
Get us a photo of those Aspens!
post #2477 of 2488

Been too busy chasing my kids around, those little rippers!  Been doing the helmet cam thing, gotta get some more pics!

post #2478 of 2488
Yes! Pics. The ambassador needs shots of his trees.
post #2479 of 2488
Mehca! Brilliant. Put up some pics of paradise and maybe we can bury this thread.
post #2480 of 2488

Finn took some pics and videos yesterday, maybe he'll post a few.  Hopefully not the ones of the bump wipeouts LOL.

post #2481 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounceswoosh View Post

He insulted me using a sexual reference. It was not appreciated.

TCC was not clever or witty enough to stay with most of the posters -- that was part of the fun of this thread. Too bad his inept responses crossed the line.

post #2482 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsSkier View Post
 


Gonzo, are you out there???   :rolleyes

 

Hey, that was my read. I've certainly read worse/nastier stuff on the internet than anything I saw TCC write, but not generally by folks willing to do so with their given name. There was a specific pattern to the things and people he was writing to that I found... unsettling.

 

Somebody saying harassing/creepy things to women on the internet isn't a crime, and it doesn't mean the person acts that way in real life. But what I saw reached a point where I felt I needed to express that it wasn't ok, and it wasn't just TCC saying "what every guy thinks."

post #2483 of 2488
If I had a single sister or female friend, I certainly wouldn't have been setting them up with TCC... Kind of creepy misogynistic stuff.
post #2484 of 2488

We found some deep stuff yesterday......and my son was excited, "Dad, I got to surf the pow!" LOL, fun times. Here's my daughter just entering into some trees, it got deeper from here the further we moved in. We had a few wipeouts and laughed our butts off....like falling into soft pillows!

 

post #2485 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounceswoosh View Post
 

This thread reminds me of the saying, "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good."

Good quote.  Paralysis by over analysis.

 

“A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.”
– General George Patton Jr

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

Great idea!

Because it's been mostly East Coast conditions here this year. Save the money, ski local.

Cash saved can be used for quality lessons.  Good lessons would probably help improve level of skiing as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog View Post
 

This thread always goes.....

 

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-442120/Welcome-biggest-hole-planet.html

Tog,

 

I get the sinking feeling that you are trying to say something. :D;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
 

I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a ski pole than wait in lines like that.  Yeesh.

And I thought the lines at Whitetail were bad.  Those lines (from JayT's post) were brutally long.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post

So far I've skied 42K vertical in two days in Vail with 50 degree high temps at the base and it's been freaking fantastic. (From my mid-Atlantic only POV.) Trip report coming by Monday. Maybe it will be helpful here.

Do you mean total distance traveled vertically? (If a mountain has a 1,000 ft drop, then you skied 42 times down the mountain for 42k vertical.)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounceswoosh View Post


He did go last year. But this thread isn't really about TCC.

Good to here that TCC finally went out west after only 2000+ posts (80+pages).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog View Post

Well he went last year. Lots of good info in this thread. Other people have used it.

I learned about many different places out west from this thread alone. (Imagine what I might learn if I read through all 80+ pages. :D  I stopped after about 10 pages) So many places, so little time (and money).

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
 

 

No, it really is cool.

 

If I got called out for a pattern of horrifying comments towards women online, I would be ashamed, embarrassed and angry too.  I could see turning that into a personal thing.

 

I am just glad it is snowing down here so I finally have something to do other than wonder how TCC is getting on with that life of his.

Now I know why he had banned under his name.  (noticed the label on some other posters as well.) 

post #2486 of 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyPilgrim View Post

 

Do you mean total distance traveled vertically? (If a mountain has a 1,000 ft drop, then you skied 42 times down the mountain for 42k vertical.)

 

Yep... exactly.

post #2487 of 2488
Just couldn't let it die....rolleyes.gif
post #2488 of 2488

and I looked, again.  The crystal meth of threads.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Does it make any sense for an intermediate New England groomer skier to venture somewhere out west ?!