I was wondering if anyone had ever done a trip with or had information on Crested Butte Mountain Guides. Also wondering if anyone knows anything about the Maroon Hut -- if the terrain around there is worthwhile, anything else of note. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
- itemCrested Butte Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 10/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Driving to Crested Butte from Denver on Saturday 3/18/16 Last post on 3/18/16 at 10:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Spring Break on a budget? Last post on 2/20/16 at 10:38pm in General Skiing Discussion
- If you could do the ultimate CO ski trip, which slopes would you hit? Last post on 12/22/15 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Crested Butte Apres-Ski Last post on 12/30/15 at 3:19pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Monarch in Feb, is it enough for a father and son from NH/VT? Last post on 10/14/15 at 9:59am in General Skiing Discussion
Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...
Last edited: 1/8/16
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
Crested Butte ski touring
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've done most of the hut's on the Aspen side of Pearl Pass. It's an amazing area, with tons of steep, technical lines and few visitors.
I haven't been to the Maroon hut in the winter. I have ridden through Gothic in the summer and it's really nice. I think it would be a great trip.
- Crested Butte ski touring
- › Looking for a good 105-115 freeride ski, comparing options: Fischer... 2 minutes ago
- › Black Toe from Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Hot Gear Bag? 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for new all Mountain ski 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 8 minutes ago
- › Is it time to hang it up when you ski faster then you drive 15 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 28 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 29 minutes ago
- › Boot Selection: 130 Panterra, Lange XT, Cochise, or Krypton 36 minutes ago
- › Rent or buy skis? [in SoCal, intermediate 2nd season] 38 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis