I was wondering if anyone had ever done a trip with or had information on Crested Butte Mountain Guides. Also wondering if anyone knows anything about the Maroon Hut -- if the terrain around there is worthwhile, anything else of note. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
- itemCrested Butte Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 10/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Driving to Crested Butte from Denver on Saturday 3/18/16 Last post on 3/18/16 at 10:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Spring Break on a budget? Last post on 2/20/16 at 10:38pm in General Skiing Discussion
- If you could do the ultimate CO ski trip, which slopes would you hit? Last post on 12/22/15 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Crested Butte Apres-Ski Last post on 12/30/15 at 3:19pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Monarch in Feb, is it enough for a father and son from NH/VT? Last post on 10/14/15 at 9:59am in General Skiing Discussion
Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...
Last edited: 1/8/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Crested Butte ski touring
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've done most of the hut's on the Aspen side of Pearl Pass. It's an amazing area, with tons of steep, technical lines and few visitors.
I haven't been to the Maroon hut in the winter. I have ridden through Gothic in the summer and it's really nice. I think it would be a great trip.
- Crested Butte ski touring
- › NOAA Winter Outlook issued 47 seconds ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 2 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 2 minutes ago
- › Terrain Based Instruction for Beginners - Is it new? Why is it... 21 minutes ago
- › WTB: Vist 311 bindings, full or just heel piece 26 minutes ago
- › Vail to buy Whistler/Blackcomb 28 minutes ago
- › The MAX Pass 2016-17 for 39 areas: Killington, Tremblant, Big Sky,... 48 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 57 minutes ago
- › Yet another sizing question 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Binding Selecion 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...