I was wondering if anyone had ever done a trip with or had information on Crested Butte Mountain Guides. Also wondering if anyone knows anything about the Maroon Hut -- if the terrain around there is worthwhile, anything else of note. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
- itemCrested Butte Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 10/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Driving to Crested Butte from Denver on Saturday 3/18/16 Last post on 3/18/16 at 10:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Spring Break on a budget? Last post on 2/20/16 at 10:38pm in General Skiing Discussion
- If you could do the ultimate CO ski trip, which slopes would you hit? Last post on 12/22/15 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Crested Butte Apres-Ski Last post on 12/30/15 at 3:19pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Monarch in Feb, is it enough for a father and son from NH/VT? Last post on 10/14/15 at 9:59am in General Skiing Discussion
Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...
Last edited: 1/8/16
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Crested Butte ski touring
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've done most of the hut's on the Aspen side of Pearl Pass. It's an amazing area, with tons of steep, technical lines and few visitors.
I haven't been to the Maroon hut in the winter. I have ridden through Gothic in the summer and it's really nice. I think it would be a great trip.
- Crested Butte ski touring
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Before and after 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › When is Spring Break CO 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › New Rossignol Black Ops Ski 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Rossignol SOUL 7's edge damage not warranteed 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview