FYI, highway 9 is closed between Keystone and the Basin. Access to the Basin is over Loveland Pass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CB/Telluride/Taos Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- "B" Thankful, some of the other best Last post on 11/29/13 at 2:47pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Signature Runs Last post on 4/18/14 at 9:16am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos/Crested Butte/Silverton 10 Day Road Trip- Help! Last post on 10/16/13 at 5:05pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Forbes top ten US ski resorts 2013 Last post on 3/2/15 at 9:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- About Those German Trail Names at TaosLast edited: 7/12/14
- Wolf Creek Ski Area, CO Unofficial GuideLast edited: 3/24/15
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
Great fitting liner and good performance. Lace up tongue give solid all around fit and with the power strap keep shin in contact with the tongue. The spot kit would help with tweaking those spots...
Great day use area for the Springfield /Eugene crowd. At 6000ft elevation it is above most of the Oregon rain. With 1500 feet of drop off a high speed six pack it is a real ski area. No Lodging No...
Why ski here? -Blue Mountain is probably the best value in Eastern Pennsylvania. It has two high-speed, top-to-bottom lifts. That means you can get a ton of skiing in. At nearby mountains like Elk...
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
2013-2014 Colorado/New Mexico Weather Discussion - Page 42post #1231 of 12555/28/14 at 7:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 12555/28/14 at 7:40amClosedView MapUS 6 Eastbound / Westbound Loveland Pass (Milemarker 216-229)
Closed due to rock slide, no estimated time of re opening. Hazmats trucks use Tunnel at top of hour, other traffic held, possible delays. Access to ski area open via US 6 from Loveland (east side) of pass. Road Closure began May 27th, 2014 at 4:16pm.post #1233 of 12555/28/14 at 7:47ampost #1234 of 12555/29/14 at 7:03ampost #1235 of 12555/29/14 at 7:06ampost #1236 of 12555/29/14 at 7:07amQuote:
Yes, 6 has opened, and yes, almost everything is soft at 9 am....(not much is freezing overnight)post #1237 of 12555/29/14 at 10:39ampost #1238 of 12555/30/14 at 8:18ampost #1239 of 12555/30/14 at 3:31pmpost #1240 of 12555/30/14 at 4:52pmDoesn't seem they'd keep Zuma open for the weekend only extensions and it's been June 1 for closure even since they announced staying open the next weekend. It's so damn warm just keep two lifts spinning and the beer flowing.
I'm going to try and go up next Friday. Sounds like it might bit cooler...post #1241 of 12555/31/14 at 4:26pmpost #1242 of 12556/8/14 at 6:58pmpost #1243 of 12556/8/14 at 8:01pmpost #1244 of 12556/8/14 at 8:51pmpost #1245 of 12556/9/14 at 6:15amInteresting info on the 2014 snowpack vs. previous years. We were generally on pace in northern CO with the record 2011 year through the first week of April, and then the 2014 snow machine pretty much shut down (except for a few timely returns).
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/bou/hydro/NC_CO_snowpack_060614.pdfpost #1246 of 12556/9/14 at 7:56ampost #1247 of 12556/15/14 at 11:35pmpost #1248 of 12556/16/14 at 1:01pmpost #1249 of 12556/16/14 at 1:28pm
I asked Allen this, Sunday around noon (along with a stream of folk going by). At the time it was fixin' to cold rain or snow lightly, maybe. Dunno since I left.
Allen said it was a day to day decision past the 22nd, and would be decided next weekend, depending on the melt in between. He genuinely wasn't sure.post #1250 of 12556/16/14 at 2:00pmI'd be a little surprised if they go longer, but there is still plenty of snow on the upper mountain so maybe a chance if it does cool down mid-week and stay that way through the weekend.
Sat was good (if you like corn to piled up slush, not sticky) from bell to bell. I figure the demand would be there if they can push one more weekend.post #1251 of 12556/16/14 at 10:25pmpost #1252 of 12556/18/14 at 5:11pmpost #1253 of 12556/18/14 at 6:00pmpost #1254 of 12556/22/14 at 8:58pm
Abay kind of signifies the start and end of ski season for a lot of folks so cheers to the 2013-2014 season and get ready for El Nino in a few months.
Edited by core2 - 6/22/14 at 9:27pmpost #1255 of 12558/11/14 at 6:49pmIt is snowing, time for a new thread. In deference to El Niño, weak or not, I started a Colorado weather thread as New Mexico may have something separate to discuss
- 2013-2014 Colorado/New Mexico Weather Discussion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › RIP Epic - Technical Help 1 minute ago
- › RIP EpicSki 1999-2017 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Death Bed Confessions 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › We Heard You! 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Who is the ultimate thread "killer"? 4 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › What, no hockey fans? 7 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › FS Nordica Dobermann Spitfire Pro EDT skis, 162cm , NEW 23 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Praxis Concept 177cm w/ Salomon STH 13 23 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Shutdown Procedures 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › My final thank you, good by and farewell VIDEO @ EpicSki - please... 1 day, 4 hours ago
- › 2018 K2 Marksman Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review