FYI, highway 9 is closed between Keystone and the Basin. Access to the Basin is over Loveland Pass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CB/Telluride/Taos Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- "B" Thankful, some of the other best Last post on 11/29/13 at 2:47pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Resort Signature Runs Last post on 4/18/14 at 9:16am in General Skiing Discussion
- Taos/Crested Butte/Silverton 10 Day Road Trip- Help! Last post on 10/16/13 at 5:05pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Forbes top ten US ski resorts 2013 Last post on 3/2/15 at 9:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- About Those German Trail Names at TaosLast edited: 7/12/14
- Wolf Creek Ski Area, CO Unofficial GuideLast edited: 3/24/15
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2013-2014 Colorado/New Mexico Weather Discussion - Page 42post #1231 of 12555/28/14 at 7:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 12555/28/14 at 7:40amClosedView MapUS 6 Eastbound / Westbound Loveland Pass (Milemarker 216-229)
Closed due to rock slide, no estimated time of re opening. Hazmats trucks use Tunnel at top of hour, other traffic held, possible delays. Access to ski area open via US 6 from Loveland (east side) of pass. Road Closure began May 27th, 2014 at 4:16pm.post #1233 of 12555/28/14 at 7:47ampost #1234 of 12555/29/14 at 7:03ampost #1235 of 12555/29/14 at 7:06ampost #1236 of 12555/29/14 at 7:07amQuote:
Yes, 6 has opened, and yes, almost everything is soft at 9 am....(not much is freezing overnight)post #1237 of 12555/29/14 at 10:39ampost #1238 of 12555/30/14 at 8:18ampost #1239 of 12555/30/14 at 3:31pmpost #1240 of 12555/30/14 at 4:52pmDoesn't seem they'd keep Zuma open for the weekend only extensions and it's been June 1 for closure even since they announced staying open the next weekend. It's so damn warm just keep two lifts spinning and the beer flowing.
I'm going to try and go up next Friday. Sounds like it might bit cooler...post #1241 of 12555/31/14 at 4:26pmpost #1242 of 12556/8/14 at 6:58pmpost #1243 of 12556/8/14 at 8:01pmpost #1244 of 12556/8/14 at 8:51pmpost #1245 of 12556/9/14 at 6:15amInteresting info on the 2014 snowpack vs. previous years. We were generally on pace in northern CO with the record 2011 year through the first week of April, and then the 2014 snow machine pretty much shut down (except for a few timely returns).
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/bou/hydro/NC_CO_snowpack_060614.pdfpost #1246 of 12556/9/14 at 7:56ampost #1247 of 12556/15/14 at 11:35pmpost #1248 of 12556/16/14 at 1:01pmpost #1249 of 12556/16/14 at 1:28pm
I asked Allen this, Sunday around noon (along with a stream of folk going by). At the time it was fixin' to cold rain or snow lightly, maybe. Dunno since I left.
Allen said it was a day to day decision past the 22nd, and would be decided next weekend, depending on the melt in between. He genuinely wasn't sure.post #1250 of 12556/16/14 at 2:00pmI'd be a little surprised if they go longer, but there is still plenty of snow on the upper mountain so maybe a chance if it does cool down mid-week and stay that way through the weekend.
Sat was good (if you like corn to piled up slush, not sticky) from bell to bell. I figure the demand would be there if they can push one more weekend.post #1251 of 12556/16/14 at 10:25pmpost #1252 of 12556/18/14 at 5:11pmpost #1253 of 12556/18/14 at 6:00pmpost #1254 of 12556/22/14 at 8:58pm
Abay kind of signifies the start and end of ski season for a lot of folks so cheers to the 2013-2014 season and get ready for El Nino in a few months.
Edited by core2 - 6/22/14 at 9:27pmpost #1255 of 12558/11/14 at 6:49pmIt is snowing, time for a new thread. In deference to El Niño, weak or not, I started a Colorado weather thread as New Mexico may have something separate to discuss
- 2013-2014 Colorado/New Mexico Weather Discussion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 2 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 8 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 11 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 14 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 23 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 25 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 36 minutes ago
- › Killington Opens tomorrow (October 25th) 39 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 40 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 43 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer