or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › '14 115ish Powder Skis...Discuss.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'14 115ish Powder Skis...Discuss.

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skierish View Post

I'm 5'10/175, and I just picked up some 180 Super-7's about an hour ago!  smile.gif  
I was really torn between the 180 and 188, but after much chit-chat with the shop guys about my skiing, I went with the 180.
Fingers crossed that was the right call!

As an interesting side-note, the shop owner told me they've sold quite a few more Super-7's than Soul-7's.  
He had expected the reverse given all the hoopla over the Soul-7's.
the super is indeed a sweet ski, I could see having one as my soft snow ski. It is very playful in the trees but does have a speed limit which doesn't bother me with a ski like it.

 

Any comparisons available between the '14 Super7 and Auto and Quest 115?  They've all got to be in a similar neighborhood, yes?

post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairToMiddlin View Post
 

 

Any comparisons available between the '14 Super7 and Auto and Quest 115?  They've all got to be in a similar neighborhood, yes?

 

I was thinking the same.  But just buy one of them already.  You're guaranteed to get powder days this season with your new location.  ;)

post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairToMiddlin View Post
 

Any comparisons available between the '14 Super7 and Auto and Quest 115?  They've all got to be in a similar neighborhood, yes?

 

I tried the Automatic last spring and didn't like it.  There's a very lonnnggg thread over at TGR about how sensitive the Auto is to mount point, and it was noted that even the ski designers mounted them +2.  I'm pretty sure my demo Autos were not mounted at all forward, and it would likely have helped if they were.

 

Still, I didn't wanna gamble on that, so I gambled on non-demoed Super-7 instead!  :o 

post #4 of 9

I moved this thread drift to a new thread. Let's talk about these skis here. 

post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

I moved this thread drift to a new thread. Let's talk about these skis here. 

 

Correcting Thread Drift???  What's this place coming to???  :eek 

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 

I saw this thread title and thought "hey, I'd like to see what folks are saying in there", then I opened it and realized that I started the thread, feels like I'm stalking myself...

 

So, FTM, I skied the Automatic and Q115 back to back last year, they were both quick and playful, but the Q gets the nod for being a little more stable/higher top end.  I'd lean toward it between the two.

 

Haven't been on the new Super7 yet, hopefully in the next month or two that will change.  Anyone been on it?

 

Jay, I have high hopes for needing a ski that helps me flash some McConkey turns this year.  Thumbs Up 

post #7 of 9

If you get a chance try the Colorado made Icelantic Keepers (119mm waist).  They are a great all-arounder for deep snow.  They have early rise in the tip and tail to allow maneuverability, but are not as squirrely as a full reverse camber ski, which I think makes them more versatile.  There are better pure powder skis (not that I ever found them lacking in the fluff), but in the real world of cut up, crud and slush they are an incredibly solid ride that easily gives you any turn shape on demand.  They have not changed the ski except for the top sheet, so you can pick up last year's model for a good price and get the same ski as the 2014s.

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfoot View Post
 

If you get a chance try the Colorado made Icelantic Keepers (119mm waist).  They are a great all-arounder for deep snow.  They have early rise in the tip and tail to allow maneuverability, but are not as squirrely as a full reverse camber ski, which I think makes them more versatile.  There are better pure powder skis (not that I ever found them lacking in the fluff), but in the real world of cut up, crud and slush they are an incredibly solid ride that easily gives you any turn shape on demand.  They have not changed the ski except for the top sheet, so you can pick up last year's model for a good price and get the same ski as the 2014s.

 

Good idea^^. Copper does a CO manufacturer demo day in mid-November, and Icelantic is always there. You can always borrow my son's, too, closer to xmas; I think you might actually have the same BSL.

post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfoot View Post
 

If you get a chance try the Colorado made Icelantic Keepers (119mm waist).  They are a great all-arounder for deep snow.  They have early rise in the tip and tail to allow maneuverability, but are not as squirrely as a full reverse camber ski, which I think makes them more versatile.  There are better pure powder skis (not that I ever found them lacking in the fluff), but in the real world of cut up, crud and slush they are an incredibly solid ride that easily gives you any turn shape on demand.  They have not changed the ski except for the top sheet, so you can pick up last year's model for a good price and get the same ski as the 2014s.

 

Good idea^^. Copper does a CO manufacturer demo day in mid-November, and Icelantic is always there. You can always borrow my son's, too, closer to xmas; I think you might actually have the same BSL.

 

325... he actually warrants it though; he's like a zillion inches taller than me.  

 

I'm looking forward to hopping in the car and heading up the hill to demo skis, all recommendations gratefully accepted.  :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › '14 115ish Powder Skis...Discuss.