or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ski Industry Help

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Hey Guys,

 
 
I'm in an entrepreneurship class at Northeastern University and we are working on a project to come up with a shit ton of business ideas. I grew up in Vail and love the ski industry. I definitely want to stay in it for the rest of my life.
 
 
I'm coming to Epic Ski to see if you guys know any ways that your lives as skiers could be improved. It doesn't have to be a new idea, but just an area of snow sports/ski community that could be improved.
 
 
I would really appreciate your guy's help.
 
 
On the chance I do run with an idea I will give the original idea owner capital in the business haha.
 
 
You guys know the ski industry best. Thank you.
 
 
 
-CN
post #2 of 12
Anyone have a chalkboard where we could put hashmarks for each of these guys? Maybe a whole forum where we can answer student surveys.
post #3 of 12

Can this be like their schools...if we don't show up, they go home?

post #4 of 12
More money, more time, more powder... And maybe a nice place in say, Verbier for a winter home port. Can you set me up?
post #5 of 12

I like pie.  Can we get pie?

post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnichols View Post
 

Hey Guys,

 
 
I'm in an entrepreneurship class at Northeastern University and we are working on a project to come up with a shit ton of business ideas. I grew up in Vail and love the ski industry. I definitely want to stay in it for the rest of my life.
 
 
I'm coming to Epic Ski to see if you guys know any ways that your lives as skiers could be improved. It doesn't have to be a new idea, but just an area of snow sports/ski community that could be improved.
 
 
I would really appreciate your guy's help.
 
 
On the chance I do run with an idea I will give the original idea owner capital in the business haha.
 
 
You guys know the ski industry best. Thank you.
 
 
 
-CN

 

Wait, do you want my help, or my guy's help?

 

 

If you run with an idea, talk to these guys  http://sickstickz.com/  DU students who ran with an idea http://www.voicecommunications.org/copy/education/Waynes'Sick%20Stickz%20_%20Daniels%20College%20of%20Business.pdf

post #7 of 12

Comfort.

 

Boots - for most people are painful.

Clothes - even the most waterproof....isnt that waterproof

 

Effort

 

Dragging gear around

Skis need to be tuned all the time

Walking from car to lifts, wiating in line everywhere

 

 

C'mon man...you arent even trying.  That took me 5 seconds.

post #8 of 12
Hmm, you grew up in Vail and love skiing... Shouldn't you have a few of your own ideas?

Ok if you need suggestions: boots are the most serious equipment problem that keeps people from enjoying skiing. If you have an idea that would "democratize" bootfitting, you will have our attention.
post #9 of 12

Once again, asking for everything, offering nothing. 

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post

 

If you run with an idea, talk to these guys  http://sickstickz.com/  DU students who ran with an idea http://www.voicecommunications.org/copy/education/Waynes'Sick%20Stickz%20_%20Daniels%20College%20of%20Business.pdf

 

Interesting, I hadn't heard of them.  Ski poles... now that's a useful idea.  I've always wanted some :)  Goes to show you don't have to be cutting edge.  At least the brand Sick Stickz will work for skis too if the ever want to branch out.

 

I like the regional flare with Colorado Ski Poles, Texas Ski Poles, Japanese Ski Poles, New Zeland Ski Poles, and South West Ski Poles.  I might have to get me some Colorado Native Ski Poles... I hope they are checking credentials carefully on those!

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tball View Post
 

 

Interesting, I hadn't heard of them.  Ski poles... now that's a useful idea.  I've always wanted some :)  Goes to show you don't have to be cutting edge.  At least the brand Sick Stickz will work for skis too if the ever want to branch out.

 

I like the regional flare with Colorado Ski Poles, Texas Ski Poles, Japanese Ski Poles, New Zeland Ski Poles, and South West Ski Poles.  I might have to get me some Colorado Native Ski Poles... I hope they are checking credentials carefully on those!

 

Opening day at Copper 2 years ago, four singles on the lift, and three of us had the same CO argyle poles: 

 

These ended up being a little long (I think they are marked 48, but measure 49; now they mark in odd sizes, 47, 49), I bought another pair (OG-CO) last year when my Scotts got stolen ... I have to say I prefer the Scott grip, but I might do some grip swapping because I do love the poles, and the story behind them.

post #12 of 12

Personal pow cloud seeder - simply deploy and it creates an instant foot deep line of goodness 20 feet ahead of you without impacting visibility. 

 

Or failing that another crappy handle to carry skis Texas suitcase style.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion