or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Converting Marker Griffon Demos to regular Griffons?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Converting Marker Griffon Demos to regular Griffons?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

thought I had read somewhere that you can convert Griffon demos back to regular Griffons by removing the plates, however I can't seem to find anything about it right now.

 

Any insight would be very appreciated.

post #2 of 8

You cannot, not that is it a bad thing, the Griffon Demo skis as close to the real binding as a demo binding can. 

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

You cannot, not that is it a bad thing, the Griffon Demo skis as close to the real binding as a demo binding can. 

 

Thanks for the reply Phil, I'm not too concerned was more curious then anything. Only other question I have is how much fore and aft movement is there for adjusting the boot position?

post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
 

 

Thanks for the reply Phil, I'm not too concerned was more curious then anything. Only other question I have is how much fore and aft movement is there for adjusting the boot position?

 

More than you will need or want. 

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
 

 

More than you will need or want. 

 

Well I'm hoping for 3cm FOWARD in this particular situation. Is that still within it's adjustability?

post #6 of 8

I'm more familiar with the griffon demo, so Phil may want to correct me, but AFAIK, the non demo  has no forward/back adjustability (no track for the toe piece) and the heel has a much shorter track than the demo griffon.

 

The demo Griffon has more than 3cm adjustability overall but if the binding is already mounted on the ski then the amount that you can move forward or back depends somewhat on how big a boot you are in.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoT View Post

I'm more familiar with the griffon demo, so Phil may want to correct me, but AFAIK, the non demo  has no forward/back adjustability (no track for the toe piece) and the heel has a much shorter track than the demo griffon.

The demo Griffon has more than 3cm adjustability overall but if the binding is already mounted on the ski then the amount that you can move forward or back depends somewhat on how big a boot you are in.
Yeah, it is basically a Griffon Shizo but without the connecting cable. The griffon demo will do what the Shizo will do but you have to adjust the toe and heel separate. The tracks shoe BSL lengths. So if you are say a 305, you will adjust the toe to a 335 and the heel to a 275' that will give you the 3cm of travel you want.
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post


Yeah, it is basically a Griffon Shizo but without the connecting cable. The griffon demo will do what the Shizo will do but you have to adjust the toe and heel separate. The tracks shoe BSL lengths. So if you are say a 305, you will adjust the toe to a 335 and the heel to a 275' that will give you the 3cm of travel you want.

 

Perfect thanks again Phil. I have a 300mm bsl so I will have enough!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Converting Marker Griffon Demos to regular Griffons?