Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAlpine Meadows Ski Resorttagged by yonas, 9/10/13
- brandBear Valleytagged by quant2325, 1/9/14
- itemDodge Ridge Ski Areatagged by quant2325, 1/9/14
- itemHeavenlytagged by Cirquerider, 11/22/13
- itemHomewood Mountain Resorttagged by quant2325, 1/9/14
- itemMammothtagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- itemMammoth: The Sierra Legendtagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- itemMt. Rose - Ski Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- itemNorthstar-at-Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- brandSquaw Valleytagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13More
- itemSquaw Valley USAtagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- 2012 / 13 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Thread Last post on 9/9/13 at 5:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Resorts near San Fran [family trip from New Zealand] Last post on 9/24/14 at 6:45pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Spending Christmas in Sacramento Last post on 10/23/13 at 12:38pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- First Time To Ski Lake Tahoe - Need Advice! Last post on 2/24/13 at 6:55pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2013 / 14 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 21121/22/14 at 9:00amThread Starterpost #963 of 21121/22/14 at 11:03ampost #964 of 21121/22/14 at 12:56pmpost #965 of 21121/22/14 at 1:16pmpost #966 of 21121/22/14 at 1:24pmQuote:
Well, thought it was only fair to rinse and repeat, so took out the big boy 210s today instead of the girly 201s...
When I switched to a 187/27 GS after 12 runs it felt like I was on a slalom ski....post #967 of 21121/22/14 at 1:52pmpost #968 of 21121/22/14 at 5:15pm
Is is great, from Funny or Die.
it is NSFW so watch the speaker level.post #969 of 21121/22/14 at 5:30pmpost #970 of 21121/22/14 at 5:50pmpost #971 of 21121/22/14 at 6:40pm
Was at Alpine today. It looked like this:
This was my first time at Alpine. The terrain looks awesome and it was sad not to be able to ski it -- on the other hand, it's amazing that they've kept the place skiable at all. The groomers were nice and satiny until 9:45 or so. Unfortunately there was really only one skiable run from the top (Alpine Bowl). By 11, Werners (the second photo) had gone from too-firm to pleasantly chalky, which was nice. And by 12:30 most of the snow was way too soft.
Visibility was absolutely fantastic, though, so that was a plus..
I got a two-day-long interview next week for which to prepare, so it's probably good I got off the mountain early anyway.
opost #972 of 21121/23/14 at 6:16amQuote:
here's a howard s quote from yesterday just to mess with our heads
GFS flips wet again with mini AR for Central Ca. during week 2.
Don’t buy into anything until it gets well into Week 1post #973 of 21121/23/14 at 7:37amQuote:When these weather guys are talking about "the end of the month" I am not sure what month they are talking about. This is what happens when we get used to the prevailing patterns.________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Still no faith in significant storms despite the forecast models still showing a change in the pattern at the end of the month.
Dry conditions will continue for the next week. A system will push into the West Coast to our North next Tuesday Wednesday keeping us out of any precip. The next system will push into the coast by the end of next week. The forecast models are still waffling on whether or not the precip will make it this far South.
We have been cautiously optomistic about a change in the pattern at the end of the month. The GFS and European ensembles continue to show a trough along the West Coast by the end of the month replacing the mean ridge. As I have been saying though that doesn't mean we will see a significant storm, it just means a more favorable pattern than the ridge that has been sitting along the West Coast.post #974 of 21121/23/14 at 7:45ampost #975 of 21121/23/14 at 8:06ampost #976 of 21121/23/14 at 8:40ampost #977 of 21121/23/14 at 9:50am
I drove 8 hours to Mt Bachelor for MLK weekend. Long drive, but worth it
They opened the Summit Chair for the first time all year.
Skiing was 100 times better than Tahoe
Bend is a great town, it was beautiful driving up to the snow covered Mt Bachelor everyday
It is a bad snow year, they are complaining (141 inches)
We passed Mt Shasta and it was almost barren. Sad sight.
I just booked a trip to Jackson Hole/Snowbird for Presidents Week last night
I might as well use my Mountain Collective Pass.post #978 of 21121/23/14 at 9:55amThread Starter
Well, it looks like I'm going to get some snow in Utah in 7 - 10 days. I hope Tahoe gets hit while I'm gone but I'm still not optimistic. I suspect it's going to take this first system just to break down the ridge and we won't get any real snow until another system follows in its path.post #979 of 21121/23/14 at 10:45ampost #980 of 21121/23/14 at 11:08ampost #981 of 21121/23/14 at 11:10am
Yosemite Falls is dry now check it out http://www.nps.gov/yose/photosmultimedia/webcams.htmpost #982 of 21121/23/14 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bear Scat
Yosemite Falls is dry now check it out http://www.nps.gov/yose/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm
Wow! That could mean fewer tourists if all the falls run dry. The risk of fire has to be high again.
I was hiking the Hetch Hetchy last August a week or so before the Rim fire. Tueeulala Falls was dry (no surprise) and Wapama Falls was strangely quiet, with just a stream of water coming off the mountain (see below).* I remember hiking there in the spring a few years back when there was so much water that it was impossible not to get wet on the trail when crossing the foot bridge. I'll bet it is dry now, too. Because of the Rim fire ash, I am wondering if the drought will have an impact on the purity of the Hetch Hetchy water supply?
*Because of the lack of water, we snapped a few perfunctory shots of each other in front of Wapama Falls and didn't bother with a ND filter and long exposure.post #983 of 21121/23/14 at 4:04pmpost #984 of 21121/23/14 at 4:55pmpost #985 of 21121/23/14 at 5:09pmpost #986 of 21121/23/14 at 6:46pmpost #987 of 21121/23/14 at 7:10pmThread Starterpost #988 of 21121/23/14 at 7:24pmpost #989 of 21121/23/14 at 8:00pmpost #990 of 21121/24/14 at 7:18amQuote:That is sad.......really sad.Originally Posted by Bear Scat
Yosemite Falls is dry now check it out http://www.nps.gov/yose/photosmultimedia/webcams.htmQuote:Quote:
This thread is locked
- 2013 / 14 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A Pictorial
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 6 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 7 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 21 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 51 minutes ago
- › fischer skis the new curve or progressors 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Rate my workout! 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer