That is unbearable...Why would fish and game want to mess with the bear? Watching kids that age slalom race is very entertaining, I can't blame the bear for watching.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAlpine Meadows Ski Resorttagged by yonas, 9/10/13
- brandBear Valleytagged by quant2325, 1/9/14
- itemDodge Ridge Ski Areatagged by quant2325, 1/9/14
- itemHeavenlytagged by Cirquerider, 11/22/13
- itemHomewood Mountain Resorttagged by quant2325, 1/9/14
- itemMammothtagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- itemMammoth: The Sierra Legendtagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- itemMt. Rose - Ski Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- itemNorthstar-at-Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- brandSquaw Valleytagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13More
- itemSquaw Valley USAtagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- 2012 / 13 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Thread Last post on 9/9/13 at 5:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Resorts near San Fran [family trip from New Zealand] Last post on 9/24/14 at 6:45pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Spending Christmas in Sacramento Last post on 10/23/13 at 12:38pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- First Time To Ski Lake Tahoe - Need Advice! Last post on 2/24/13 at 6:55pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2013 / 14 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke - Page 28post #811 of 21121/12/14 at 2:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 21121/12/14 at 2:57pmpost #813 of 21121/12/14 at 4:40pmpost #814 of 21121/12/14 at 4:45pmpost #815 of 21121/12/14 at 4:58pmpost #816 of 21121/12/14 at 5:01pmQuote:Of course. My reply was also half in jest. In the other hand no parent would want to test the hypothesis, right?
Apparently, all the kids thought that the bear was super cute. :-)post #817 of 21121/12/14 at 5:07pmpost #818 of 21121/12/14 at 6:20pmpost #819 of 21121/12/14 at 6:59pmpost #820 of 21121/13/14 at 7:03ampost #821 of 21121/13/14 at 7:06ampost #822 of 21121/13/14 at 9:01ampost #823 of 21121/13/14 at 10:33ampost #824 of 21121/13/14 at 10:42ampost #825 of 21121/13/14 at 10:48ampost #826 of 21121/13/14 at 12:06pmSki'd Bear Valley yesterday. Had a nice light coating of fluff from Sat's snowfall. All the open runs had good coverage; didn't hit any rocks. 2 greens and only one blue were open. It was good for me to work on getting out of the backseat.post #827 of 21121/13/14 at 2:45pm
Monday January 13th 2014 9:40am MST By Snow Forecaster Bryan Allegretto
Summary: Ridge of high pressure along the West Coast will keep things dry this week. Strong jet stream across the Pacific week 2 will help to pump the ridge along the West Coast keeping things dry. No storms in sight for CA in the long-range.
Even the Open Snow forecaster drove all night to hit Utah powder.post #828 of 21121/13/14 at 2:50pmpost #829 of 21121/13/14 at 3:13pmAnd the futile wait for snow continues at Tahoe... You can ski the LakeView and Red Dog only so many times... This Sunday was a little welcome respite reminding us what real snow feels like... If you can do a road trip, go for it...post #830 of 21121/13/14 at 5:04pm
I've been following the Western Weather Blog this winter. It hasn't been written much, and it is a more technical "geek" view of what is going on this year with the "Ridiculously Resilient Ridge" of high pressure. Unfortunately the most recent installment offers no hope for relief from the current drought, and things seem to have gone from bad to worse.
For the advocates of the position that 2011-2012 was equal or worse, the stats have gone badly south, especially in the North.
How low can we go at Folsom Lake?
The dryness this year is unprecedented except by the 76-77 drought, and every day that passes in the middle of the "rainy" season has significant meaning to water allocations and the drought situation. The forecast sees no relief and southern and Central CA may be seeing serious fire danger near the end of this week as the Jet stream cuts even further north into the Arctic.
If I was raining on the Tahoe parade, that would be a good thing. The situation is far more serious than below-par skiing. Get it while you can, and start making travel plans.post #831 of 21121/13/14 at 7:13pm
Reno NWS technical forcast discussion today crushes hope we had a couple weeks ago for something changing later January. Here in the natural areas around SF Bay Area, all is utterly dry.
LONG TERM PRECIPITATION OUTLOOK CONTINUES TO BE BLEAK. ENSEMBLE
FORECASTS AND ANALOGS CONTINUE TO SHOW NO SIGNS OF DISLODGING THE
TENACIOUS HIGH PRESSURE ANOMALY FROM THE WEST COAST FOR AT LEAST
ANOTHER 2 WEEKS. WITH MOST OF JANUARY LIKELY TO STAY DRY THE 2014
WATER YEAR MAY GO DOWN AS THE DRIEST 4 MONTH START TO A WATER YEAR
IN RECORDED HISTORY FOR THE SIERRA.post #832 of 21121/13/14 at 7:38pm
I spent the day on groomers at Sugar Bowl today with my kids. Great snow, beautiful weather and I did not hit a single rock (I only saw a handful of rocks on the groomers). This last part is in great contrast to my January 2 outing where lots of stones appeared in the afternoon. I'm thankful for the few inches of snow that fell on Saturday.post #833 of 21121/13/14 at 7:42pmpost #834 of 21121/13/14 at 9:29pmpost #835 of 21121/13/14 at 9:46pmpost #836 of 21121/13/14 at 11:55pmpost #837 of 21121/14/14 at 9:23amThread StarterQuote:
I've been thinking about doing the same. At least park skiers can have fun even when it hasn't snowed in weeks. As someone in his early 30's I feel like an old man in the trauma park lineup but I can only ski intermediate groomers so long without getting bored.post #838 of 21121/14/14 at 9:31ampost #839 of 21121/14/14 at 11:56am
Anyone has a suggestion for good drills for SG turns on intermediate groomers to help get to higher edge angles? I have been having fun on GS race skis lately, but need to work on my technique more. Yes, we adapt...post #840 of 21121/14/14 at 11:57amQuote:
This is the definition of Bob Barnes' quote:
There are two kinds of snow - Good and good for you.
What we have here is "good for you" snow.
This thread is locked
- 2013 / 14 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A Pictorial
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 3 seconds ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 4 minutes ago
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 10 minutes ago
- › NYC Gathering in the city, before the snow starts [Nov. 3] 26 minutes ago
- › Head Strong Instinct V. Rossi E 84 v Head Supershape Rally for NW... 26 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 32 minutes ago
- › Best ski location on the east coast??? 36 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 49 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx Theta SVX shell, Large, Carbon Copy color 52 minutes ago
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 54 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer