not a whole lot down here on the level at South Lake but there was definitely more at the top of Kingsbury. Heavenly has been closed the past two days so I imagine tomorrow will be pretty good (on the three runs that are open).
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAlpine Meadows Ski Resorttagged by yonas, 9/10/13
- brandBear Valleytagged by quant2325, 1/9/14
- itemDodge Ridge Ski Areatagged by quant2325, 1/9/14
- itemHeavenlytagged by Cirquerider, 11/22/13
- itemHomewood Mountain Resorttagged by quant2325, 1/9/14
- itemMammothtagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- itemMammoth: The Sierra Legendtagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- itemMt. Rose - Ski Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- itemNorthstar-at-Tahoetagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
- brandSquaw Valleytagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13More
- itemSquaw Valley USAtagged by Trekchick, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- 2012 / 13 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Thread Last post on 9/9/13 at 5:07pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2014 / 15 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/11/15 at 1:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Resorts near San Fran [family trip from New Zealand] Last post on 9/24/14 at 6:45pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Spending Christmas in Sacramento Last post on 10/23/13 at 12:38pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- First Time To Ski Lake Tahoe - Need Advice! Last post on 2/24/13 at 6:55pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A PictorialLast edited: 9/21/13
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2013 / 14 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 211212/3/13 at 7:45pm
Best day of this year's season! Lapped Gold Coast (a Squaw basic flat run) a few times. No powder to speak of but nice soft snow. Fun, but certainly not epic. But after missing all summer's waterskiing due to an injury and missing Squaw's opening due to a nasty cold, I'm learning to appreciate every chance I get. Five inches of fresh powder on top of a WROD equals some raw enjoyment. Revel in it!
But the snow ended soon after the lifts closed - the season still hasn't started for real. Just a tease...
Ericpost #273 of 211212/3/13 at 7:57pmpost #274 of 211212/4/13 at 6:03pmpost #275 of 211212/4/13 at 6:24pm
Sugar Bowl just announced they are opening for Saturday and Sunday operations with limited top-to-bottom trails open. Probably closing during midweek unless it snows more than expected in this next storm.post #276 of 211212/6/13 at 12:27pm
Looking pretty good for snowfall in Tahoe starting this afternoon!
10-15 inches at lake level, 15-20 inches above 7000 ft, and up to 2 feet along the crest.post #277 of 211212/6/13 at 12:37pmpost #278 of 211212/6/13 at 1:13pmpost #279 of 211212/6/13 at 1:40pmpost #280 of 211212/6/13 at 1:42pmpost #281 of 211212/6/13 at 2:38pmpost #282 of 211212/6/13 at 2:55pmpost #283 of 211212/6/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
I will not admit nor deny that any such pictures exist.
We'll be skiing Northstar with some friends next week. Can't get out tomorrow or Sunday. My first day on skis this year resulted in a calf strain that is juuuust now feeling better.post #284 of 211212/6/13 at 3:02pm
Bummer to hear about your calf go easy on it... my girlfriend is still nursing hers calf injury from May. She got a cramp that was so severe that it tore part of her muscle. anyways... Cali keep your eye out for brandnew black pearls attached to green pantspost #285 of 211212/6/13 at 4:32pm
Need a quick bit of advice from the local Bears, if possible. I leave early tomorrow morning for Tahoe (conference at the casinos). I'll be skiing Heavenly on Monday, and probably Northstar or Squaw on Tuesday.
The question is: should I bring my MidAtlantic groomer skis, or the ones I use at Taos & Santa Fe? I haven't skied Tahoe since I was ten, so don't really know what to expect. (If it matters, I strongly prefer ungroomed, but realize that is probably a fool's errand right now…) Thanks in advance!post #286 of 211212/6/13 at 4:37pmpost #287 of 211212/6/13 at 4:42pmpost #288 of 211212/6/13 at 5:07pmpost #289 of 211212/6/13 at 5:29pmpost #290 of 211212/6/13 at 5:31pmpost #291 of 211212/6/13 at 8:16pm
Northstar opened Comstock chair for the 1st time season today. It was only West Ridge to Luggi's. We skied it six times, then moved to Vista chair and Pinball run. The snow was better on Pinball as they had about six snowguns blasting and there was 1-3" manmade fresh snow on a lot of the run. I skied it six times, then went to the top and took a quick break before skiing Comstock and Vista one more time after my friends had quit. I skied to the Village a little after three. I skied this day and previous day at Heavenly on 99-waist skis as my narrower skis are worn out. Coverage on open runs at both places was excellent but you had to be careful on the edges. It started snowing on my way home after getting over Donner Pass and continued on and off almost to Auburn, less than 2,000 foot elevation.post #292 of 211212/6/13 at 8:55pmpost #293 of 211212/6/13 at 8:56pmpost #294 of 211212/6/13 at 9:12pmpost #295 of 211212/6/13 at 10:39pmpost #296 of 211212/6/13 at 10:40pmpost #297 of 211212/6/13 at 11:39pmpost #298 of 211212/6/13 at 11:53pmComing an pretty good in south Reno. I 'll be at Rose on Sunday. Most likely 9-12. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the resort's are on wind hold on Saturday. If you see Elan amphibio s and orange boots, it's me.post #299 of 211212/7/13 at 12:24amMade it up tonight caught snow starting at Auburn around 8:30 or so, after chain control at colfax there were no issues
@alexzn hope you have a safe ride up
It is snowing in tahoe city at this time, hope it continues all night
This thread is locked
- 2013 / 14 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows - A Pictorial
- › All mountain twin tip plus park ski? 12 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 14 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 19 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 39 minutes ago
- › Dreamin' about ski season 48 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 50 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 51 minutes ago
- › Are 4 Snow Tires Needed on a Front Wheel Drive Car 54 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Northern Michigan Ski Weather Forcast 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer