If i were a mediator, here is how this thing could be settled:
1) Do nothing until the judge rules on the eviction. If PCMR has to go, then go to step two.
2) Put Ian Cumming on the board of MTN. Really. The legendary investor is in his early 70's and could benefit MTN in numerous ways. Just make sure John Cumming is off the board of anything that doesn't have a swimming pool beneath it.
3) Have MTN take out Powdr for an all stock deal, and then issue some shares for Ian to purchase at a reasonable discount as part of the deal. Ian becomes one of the bigger shareholders.
4) John saves face by running some of the Powdr operations as it integrates into Vail. The EPIC Pass is now good at a couple other places worth visiting, and the smaller resorts end up as feeders to the bigger and more expensive Vail mountains.
5) The PCMR management team, or mismanagement team as the case may be, looks for other employment.
6) Everyone gets laid.
Edited by quant2325 - 6/12/14 at 7:36am