New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Bindings

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Have a question about some new bindings. I got my Head Mojo 12's today. I was looking at my PX12's and they have a Rubber/Plastic spacer between them and the ski. The Mojo's did not come with anything like this. Are they supposed to have the spacer? Or do they just mount directly into the ski?

post #2 of 7

Mine bolted directly to the ski with no spacer

post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malazan View Post

Have a question about some new bindings. I got my Head Mojo 12's today. I was looking at my PX12's and they have a Rubber/Plastic spacer between them and the ski. The Mojo's did not come with anything like this. Are they supposed to have the spacer? Or do they just mount directly into the ski?


Your PX12 are most likely Jib version and thus they have spacer. Mojo's are mounted directly onto the ski.

post #4 of 7

If you opt to mount them flat without the spacer be sure to check the length of the screws.  You will probably need to grind the screws down or they will pop up the p-tex if they are too deep without the spacers.  I usually check then anyway because ski thickness differs.  But, removing the plastic will likely make them too long.

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

If you opt to mount them flat without the spacer be sure to check the length of the screws.  You will probably need to grind the screws down or they will pop up the p-tex if they are too deep without the spacers.  I usually check then anyway because ski thickness differs.  But, removing the plastic will likely make them too long.


Just to clarify what crgildart says (sorry crgildart) ;-)

 

Mojo's come with NO spacer and thus the screws will be good to go without any grinding (unless of coarse you have some sort of non-standard ski thickness).

 

PX12, on the other hand, can be mounted without spacer and in this case screws could be potentially needed to be shorten.

 

OP, however, is concerned with Mojo's mounting. Thus he is good to go.

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr View Post


Just to clarify what crgildart says (sorry crgildart) ;-)

 

Mojo's come with NO spacer and thus the screws will be good to go without any grinding (unless of coarse you have some sort of non-standard ski thickness).

 

PX12, on the other hand, can be mounted without spacer and in this case screws could be potentially needed to be shorten.

 

OP, however, is concerned with Mojo's mounting. Thus he is good to go.


Yup!  I read it backwards.  Happening to me all day.  Should just keep quiet and ride out the rest of today hahaha.

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 

Thanks, yep, my PX12's are the JIB model

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion