or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Summit Co Lift tickets.. Where's The Deal??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Summit Co Lift tickets.. Where's The Deal??

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

Planning a trip to Summit County Feb 21-26 & looking for a deal on lift tickets.. What's up??

 

Called the travel people about resort stay & ski deals, gave me a price on rooms yet tickets where $100ppd

 

Online advanced Multi day""Deal"" lift tickets = $100ppd

 

Window price is $99

 

Where are the deals?

post #2 of 21

Try closer to your date and not 6months away.  

 

A "Deal" you are looking for are would be to draw in last minute people for otherwise unsold capacity.

 

A resort would rather just keep their prime inventory unsold now, rather than lock it up at a less profitable rate for bargain shoppers.

post #3 of 21
post #4 of 21

Did you consider a season pass?  Compare the prices vs daily passes.  Skiing is still great in Summit into April, so if you can swing a second trip it's a no brainer.

 

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/plan_and_buy/season_passes/copperpass

http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/passes/summit-value-pass.aspx

post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post

Planning a trip to Summit County Feb 21-26 & looking for a deal on lift tickets.. What's up??

 

Called the travel people about resort stay & ski deals, gave me a price on rooms yet tickets where $100ppd

 

Online advanced Multi day""Deal"" lift tickets = $100ppd

 

Window price is $99

 

Where are the deals?

 

Congratulations. You are exactly the target consumer that Summit County wants to bend over.  Lots of stellar marketing over the years to convince you to want to ski there, and they know that most people don't do ski trips that last over a week, so... you get no deals, $100 a day lift tickets, and after a week you've paid what the local Colorado folks pay to ski there all season and go home.

 

If you don't like the way the game is played, don't play the game and ski somewhere else. Utah has much more reasonable day passes.  Most non-Colorado resorts have much more reasonable day pass prices, and its not like the skiing in Summit is unforgettably great (mediocre/middle of the road even by Colorado standards, not to mention the rest of the West), especially when looked at through the prism of vacation value.

 

Just to throw it out there, Wolf Creek has 1600 acres, so much more snow than Summit County that's it doesn't even feel like the same sport sometimes, and $55 lift tickets every day, except the days where they are $35.

 

Or, give in, play the game in the alternate fashion where the ski area still wins and you lose slightly less, and buy a season pass and make 2 trips to the ski area that just locked in all of your ski vacations for the year.

post #6 of 21

Also a Loveland 4 pack is $130ish but needs to be bought before the season starts.  You get 4 lift tickets to use however you want (4 people 1 day, 4 days for 1 person, etc.). Most 4 packs will not let you use more than 1 ticket a day, Loveland's does.

post #7 of 21

The deals are all around Summit OP:

A Basin/Keystone 4 Pack- $180

A Basin/Keystone Season Pass $280

Copper Mtn 4 Pack- $150

Loveland 4 Pack- $130

 

If you can’t find a deal, you’re not trying, or do you really want to hit Breck that bad?

 

And skip Wolf Creek, it snows a lot, but the terrain is bottom tier for CO. If you’re heading south, just get a 5 pack at Crested Butte for $250 and ski there.

post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
 

If you don't like the way the game is played, don't play the game and ski somewhere else. Utah has much more reasonable day passes.  Most non-Colorado resorts have much more reasonable day pass prices, and its not like the skiing in Summit is unforgettably great (mediocre/middle of the road even by Colorado standards, not to mention the rest of the West), especially when looked at through the prism of vacation value.

 

Just to throw it out there, Wolf Creek has 1600 acres, so much more snow than Summit County that's it doesn't even feel like the same sport sometimes, and $55 lift tickets every day, except the days where they are $35.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrocStyle View Post

And skip Wolf Creek, it snows a lot, but the terrain is bottom tier for CO. If you’re heading south, just get a 5 pack at Crested Butte for $250 and ski there.

 

And here we go again. popcorn.gif

post #9 of 21

Bottom tier terrain, folks.

post #10 of 21

30 seconds of fun followed by benchy terrain to traverses? No thanks, keep it. Powder ain't fun if you're stuck on a flat. 

 

That was my opinion of Wolfie (and why I usually don't recommend it to friends) , but I've always been a fan of big vertical and a steady pitch.  Shoot, if I wanted to ride flats, I'd be on cross country sticks or snowshoes   biggrin.gif

post #11 of 21

the keystone/A-Basin pass actually makes a lot of sense for an out of stater.

cruise keystone's long blues, check out the outback, get some steeps and cool vibe at abasin.

post #12 of 21

Agree the Keystone/A-Basin pass is a good deal, even for someone just there for a week.  Just watch the blackout days.  Discount tickets are available at the supermarkets and ski shops in Summit County for A-Basin and Copper, but no deals for Vail resorts.

post #13 of 21

The Keystone/A-Basin pass is only blacked out February 15-16 (President's Day), so you should be good.  You should get this, then ski mostly at A-Basin. biggrin.gif  The biggest problem with skiing A-Basin multiple days is that it's kind of small, if you want variety and aren't a double-black-extreme kind of skier.  You should be able to stay either at Keystone or along the Summit Stage bus route, with a lot of choices.

post #14 of 21
post #15 of 21
post #16 of 21
Do the supermarkets lift tix deals include Winter Park?

I have a chance to buy WP lift tix for $71, wondering if I should pull the trigger. Never skiied there, but have been to the front range several times, looking for fresh meat (somewhere I haven't skiied before). Thanks.
post #17 of 21
Check out snow.com Summit Value Pass, a basin, keystone and breck unlimited skiing for $479... Some restrictions on Breckenridge (vacation weeks/MLK day)...
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball View Post

Do the supermarkets lift tix deals include Winter Park?

I have a chance to buy WP lift tix for $71, wondering if I should pull the trigger. Never skiied there, but have been to the front range several times, looking for fresh meat (somewhere I haven't skiied before). Thanks.

 

hard to know if that's a good deal without knowing which days you'll be there.  if it's Christmas break week then that's probably good deal.  If it's not look on liftopia or keep searching.

post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 

Loveland 4-pack = Steal of a deal! $129 (T&S Incl) no blackout dates, no ticket line, transferable.. Can't beat that! Got 'em. None in my group (4) have been there, stoked

 

Looked at Keystone/A-Basin 4-pack, $179 nontransferable. Deal, but doesn't work for me

 

Nada on Breck or Vail to date. Staying in Breck so guess we're paying The Man

post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball View Post

Do the supermarkets lift tix deals include Winter Park?

I have a chance to buy WP lift tix for $71, wondering if I should pull the trigger. Never skiied there, but have been to the front range several times, looking for fresh meat (somewhere I haven't skiied before). Thanks.

 

You can still (as of yesterday) buy a 4 pack from Winter Park for $199, and you get 4 additional "Friends and Family" tickets that are $59 each (and you can use for yourself) - great way to do WP inexpensively.

 

$258 for 5 days, $317 for 6, and $366 for 7 Days.  (After that, buy a Season pass for $389).

post #21 of 21

Today is the last day for the A-basin four pack.  Just bought mine:

http://www.arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/tickets/multi-day-passes/default.aspx

 

Copper extended season pass and four pack sales through Sunday (12/22):

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/plan_and_buy/season_passes/

 

And, Copper just started selling the snow day pass for $99 and it looks like you'll be able to use it tomorrow:

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/plan_and_buy/season_passes/snowdaypass/index.html/

 

Any other deals still out there? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Summit Co Lift tickets.. Where's The Deal??