or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bad Economy - Page 5

post #121 of 138
How about a ski movie using your graphics skills to enhance the show. I've been wanting to do one for a couple of years but always working away from home/big computer.
post #122 of 138

... ski movies, other than the big two or three, make very very little money if any at all. Good for a film resume though. 

post #123 of 138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by markojp View Post
 

Pete, you have any drawing skills?

 

Yeah - that's why I entered graphic design. I was into photo realism while in college -- although with the introduction of Photoshop photo realism pretty much died.

 

Ha - from the age of the equipment you can tell when I was in school!

 

 

 

Now that I am older and wiser I notice my K2s need a little camber!

post #124 of 138

Book illustration...

 

http://www.scbwi.org/

 

 

Story boarding for ad's, film, etc.... can also work.

post #125 of 138
You could always be a long haul trucker. Freedom of the road,see America and get paid for it. Sorry I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
post #126 of 138

... and there's the railroad. Tough hours though if you're working outside. UP's based in Omaha and will have office/marketing jobs with a more normal schedule as well.

post #127 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestPete View Post
 

 

Yeah - that's why I entered graphic design. I was into photo realism while in college -- although with the introduction of Photoshop photo realism pretty much died.

 

Ha - from the age of the equipment you can tell when I was in school!

 

 

 

Now that I am older and wiser I notice my K2s need a little camber!

Those K2s do look a little wide too..maybe 110 in the waist or so? Maybe you were just ahead of your time, anticipating the anti-camber/fat ski revolution. :) 

post #128 of 138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarlito View Post
 

Those K2s do look a little wide too..maybe 110 in the waist or so? Maybe you were just ahead of your time, anticipating the anti-camber/fat ski revolution. :) 

 

Yeah, and there are twin tips buried in the snow. 

;)

post #129 of 138
1976 we were so drunk we put our skis on backwards....who would of thought.
post #130 of 138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestPete View Post
 

 

 

This is what is killing freelance work -- and they are getting bids!

 

Interesting article -

 

http://photographess.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/my-review-elance-com-isnt-a-scam-but/

post #131 of 138
Thread Starter 

Bike jerseys I designed in action (first freelance job since being laid off).

 

Photo by Jason Zucker (client).

 

post #132 of 138

I hope logo is not your design, as it's pretty blatant copy of Canadian cowboys logo used by Canadian WC ski team members (mostly speed team). ;)

post #133 of 138
Who in turn got it from the local Hell's Angels chapter.smile.gif
post #134 of 138

Most likely :) And who most likely got it from X, who got it from original Jack Sparrow or one of his friends :D

post #135 of 138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by primoz View Post
 

Most likely :) And who most likely got it from X, who got it from original Jack Sparrow or one of his friends :D

 

That type of design has been around for decades -- about every motorcycle gang that has ever been in existence has had a similar design. I'm not aware of the Canadian Cowboys.

 

...and the list goes on, and on.  :) 

post #136 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestPete View Post
 

 

That type of design has been around for decades...

 

Yep, made me wonder about the history of the "Skull and Crossbones"

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_and_crossbones

 

http://www.mysafetysign.com/poison-symbol-history

 

I didn't realize there is actually an alt character code for it too:  ☠

 

Blown up, the alt character code looks pretty sweet:

post #137 of 138

Now the economy has to worry about the govt. shutdown.  I am no raving fan of Obama, but what were the Tea Party Republicans thinking?  If these clowns didn't like the results of the past St. Louis-San Francisco football game, they would still be on the field screaming about the officiating, demanding the game get replayed and threatening to shut down the NFL.

 

post #138 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by tball View Post

Yep, made me wonder about the history of the "Skull and Crossbones"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_and_crossbones

http://www.mysafetysign.com/poison-symbol-history

I didn't realize there is actually an alt character code for it too:  ☠

Blown up, the alt character code looks pretty sweet:


Command, function, shift, "r" key?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: